A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
What unitframes are you using? OuF??

11-09-10, 03:51 PM   #4102
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@eiszeit
The portraits look a little wired. Maybe to close to the parent frame and/or to much height, not sure. Just a little strange, maybe it's the different looking border style - counting in that your power bar creates a "different border style" for the unit frame itself.

@Led
I like it, pretty clean.

@zork
The new castbar is better. Looks awesome!
I'm still pretty unsure why you are showing that many units on the left side, most of the time they are just duplicates of each other. I mean to much of the same kind of information at the same time wastes screen space. At least don't show the player in party and while solo, imho. Or are those just dev shots?

Btw, did you already try to put a model behind your orbs instead of the galaxy textures? I remember some of the IDs you posted for your modelviewer would fit quite nice. Or didn't that work out well?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-09-10, 03:51 PM   #4103
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by iradex View Post
Led++ uses stuf.

edited because im retarded, and not awake lol

Last edited by Ferous : 11-09-10 at 04:05 PM.

11-09-10, 03:58 PM   #4104
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Stuf Unit Frames.

What addon are you using for your nameplates?
Headline

Imo make your cooldown thingy smaller, the same length as the unitframes and make it display cooldowns from 2minutes maximum. Don't really need to see stuff coming off cooldown further a long from that I don't think.
Yeah the CD bar is that big mainly because if it's shorter everything gets stuffed together. I always thought that if I made the max duration to 2 minutes for example the longer debuffs wouldb't even be shown under 2 minutes. Will have to check that out tomorrow.

11-09-10, 04:03 PM   #4105
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
@zork
I'm still pretty unsure why you are showing that many units on the left side, most of the time they are just duplicates of each other.
a) Units can be switched on/off. Currently testing the maximum numbers (even with focustarget, pettarget and such)
b) Tested models. Looks awesome but it's not possible to apply color whereas galaxies can get any color.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-09-10, 04:05 PM   #4106
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zork View Post
a) Units can be switched on/off. Currently testing the maximum numbers (even with focustarget, pettarget and such)
b) Tested models. Looks awesome but it's not possible to apply color whereas galaxies can get any color.
I was thinking about models in the background and some transparent texture depleting/filling on top of them - which can be colored. Just from imagination, not sure if that would look anything good.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-09-10, 05:42 PM   #4107
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

So I decided to make another ui and ive always liked the shadow uis that were done (ive done two remixes so far). So I thought id give it another go since I like this art so much. Lots to do still but here is a sneak peak.

Any suggestions on placement of the pet unit frame?

Last edited by Elloria : 11-09-10 at 07:31 PM.

11-09-10, 08:52 PM   #4108
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Any suggestions on placement of the pet unit frame?
I would reduce the player (and target) frame height and put the pet in there for player and target of target for target.

Afterwards, I would also just "clone" the target frame for focus, move focus to the right of the target frame. And move player/target a little more towards the middle. To be more in line with the action button "block".

As a sidenote:
Even though this might be up to personal taste, I just have to say:
Please, remove that damn ugly glow, please, please... please. I really can't think of something looking more unnatural/misplaced. I know that it's part of the original shadow files, that doesn't make it better, though. If you really want a glow there, a smoother gradient over ~1/3 or ~2/3 of a frame would hurt less.

11-09-10, 09:57 PM   #4109
Ither
A Firelord

I'm having an issue with figuring out the whole power bar deal for certain classes-- so far I'm tackling the Paladin since it's my primary toon that uses a power bar.

What do you think about this setup? Should I do away with the addon that puts the weird icon over your head? I figure with the position of the HPW I would pretty much see how it was versus the old way where I had pitbull's little icons below the player frame.

11-09-10, 10:34 PM   #4110
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Should I do away with the addon that puts the weird icon over your head?
The only one who can answer that is you. =) Do you really need it? How useful is it to you?

11-09-10, 10:36 PM   #4111
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
The only one who can answer that is you. =) Do you really need it? How useful is it to you?
It was useful when I was using pitbull's power icons because I was always staring at the middle of my screen LOL.

11-10-10, 01:27 AM   #4112
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Hi Storm, what is your minimap addon?

11-10-10, 05:35 AM   #4113
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
I think there's been a lack of well done graphical UI's such as RothUI, in all 5 years of WoW.
Word! I'm feeling lonely.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-10-10, 05:52 AM   #4114
Wildbreath
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by zork View Post
Word! I'm feeling lonely.
Wait, still will be. When i will stop to play with my SuperClassic

11-10-10, 07:38 AM   #4115
Jaglavak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My humble contribution to this thread:

Idle - http://i56.tinypic.com/29f4dqf.jpg
Solo - http://i54.tinypic.com/1zgb1gy.jpg
Raid - http://i51.tinypic.com/dw2q9t.jpg

The minimap will be replaces as soon as pMiniMap is updated. I'm also looking in to the SCT-addons but haven't found one I like yet. I like the default one but want to get rid of the "spamming" it sometimes does.

11-10-10, 08:26 AM   #4116
Falarin
A Cyclonian

Looks really nice Jaglavak, the main thing that I would change would be the default clock and battleground icons on the minimap. Maybe find a different minimap addon that has those already skinned inside the minimap.

11-10-10, 09:45 AM   #4117
Jaglavak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Falarin View Post
Looks really nice Jaglavak, the main thing that I would change would be the default clock and battleground icons on the minimap. Maybe find a different minimap addon that has those already skinned inside the minimap.
Thank you. On the minimap "issue" I quote myself:
Originally Posted by Jaglavak View Post
The minimap will be replaces as soon as pMiniMap is updated.

11-10-10, 09:54 AM   #4118
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I'm tired of bar and text unitframe displays, so I decidde to try stupid things until I discover something good.

The glow is a gradient of the health colour. Because there's no actual moving bars, the transition is very smooth, yet because of the bright colour you can see the health status at a glance. I might use the backdrop for debuff highlight or reaction coloring, and decrease the opacity of the portrait. Text would probably be on mouseover, apart from name which could be either a big overlay or simply above it. Power bar I don't know yet, as you can see I've still got it showing like a regular bar right now.

What do you think? Too minimal? Too abstract? Any ideas are welcome.

11-10-10, 10:09 AM   #4119
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://h-4.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_111010_1655p1z.jpg

Should be 'final' (if something like this exist in UI stuff).
Now I try to make some graphic stuff in Photoshop, haha.

11-10-10, 10:37 AM   #4120
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
Hi Storm, what is your minimap addon?
Chinchillia

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...