10-01-16, 05:14 PM   #1
F5in
A Defias Bandit
Need help making an addon work again

I know the title is very vague but I have more info. The addon in question is: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/elvui_tankhealth

It used to work for me, but (seemingly) randomly broke. I contacted the addon creator and we went through some steps to try to get to get it to work.
Screenshot of ALL addons disabled except for ElvUI and the plugin:
http://puu.sh/rnjzE.png

You can see just by viewing the health bar that it isn't working. As I was talking with the addon creator we found out that nothing for the addon is working for me, including any of the /commands (for this addon, /th and /tankhealth). It says the addon is loaded and taking up data when I mouseover my "system" datatext for ElvUI, but again nothing is working.

We also made sure all the files were there, I even re-installed it from every site he had it uploaded to. Also tried adding a line to print some text when I login (or reload, forgot which) and it didn't appear either. My timezone is basically opposite of the addon creator's timezone so it is very hard to try to figure out what to do, any help would be appreciated and I can give more info if needed. Thank you for reading.
10-02-16, 10:07 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd suggest going through the steps listed here:

https://phanx.net/addons/help

You can do this by yourself, as it doesn't require understanding or even looking at any code. #4 is probably the most relevant to your specific situtation, but double-checking #1-3 won't hurt either.
10-03-16, 12:41 AM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Number 4 is out of date as of Legion: Blizzard decided to cull many of the visible options, and Display Lua Errors was one of them. This completely necessitates using Bugger or BugSack, or knowing the name of the CVar to turn it on.

EDIT: Most of the culled Interface Options (those whose CVars still exist) were added to the AdvancedInterfaceOptions AddOn.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

Last edited by Torhal : 10-03-16 at 12:48 AM.
10-03-16, 02:20 AM   #4
F5in
A Defias Bandit
Edit: messaged the mod maker the lua error and he fixed it.

However, I'm also getting another lua error. This one is whenever I log in, it opens a broken artifact power page.
Lua Code:
  1. Message: ...ddOns\Blizzard_ArtifactUI\Blizzard_ArtifactPerks.lua:24: Usage: GetAppearanceInfoByID(artifactAppearanceID)
  2. Time: 10/03/16 01:05:36
  3. Count: 216
  4. Stack: ...rface\AddOns\TradeSkillMaster\Debug\ErrorHandler.: in function <...rface\AddOns\TradeSkillMaster\Debug\ErrorHandler.>
  5. [C]: ?
  6. [C]: in function `GetAppearanceInfoByID'
  7. ...ddOns\Blizzard_ArtifactUI\Blizzard_ArtifactPerks.lua:24: in function `RefreshModel'
  8. ...ddOns\Blizzard_ArtifactUI\Blizzard_ArtifactPerks.: in function `TryRefresh'
  9. ...ddOns\Blizzard_ArtifactUI\Blizzard_ArtifactPerks.lua:81: in function <...ddOns\Blizzard_ArtifactUI\Blizzard_ArtifactPerks.lua:80>

Last edited by F5in : 10-03-16 at 02:28 AM.
10-03-16, 11:48 AM   #5
ceylina
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Why not just post an issue on their github page?

https://github.com/sunaurus/ElvUI_TankHealth/issues
10-03-16, 11:33 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Number 4 is out of date as of Legion: Blizzard decided to cull many of the visible options, and Display Lua Errors was one of them. This completely necessitates using Bugger or BugSack, or knowing the name of the CVar to turn it on.
Thanks, I've updated the page.

Last edited by Phanx : 10-03-16 at 11:43 PM.
10-04-16, 02:20 AM   #7
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It has been updated on the Tukui site, yesterday was the latest update ...
http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=310

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help making an addon work again