06-01-13, 05:12 PM   #1
AncientPuffer
A Defias Bandit
Lost window control

Twice now, I have slid the "favorites" window all the way to the top of the screen, in order to click a location on the map, to record a new favorite.

When this happens, I can no longer click on the top bar of the favorites window to reposition it. The last time this happened, I was unable to find an answer in the forums, so I had to do a complete re-install.

Is there another way I can get my favorites window back to it's normal location?

06-01-13, 06:22 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
You can manually edit the carbonite.lua file within your WTF folder.

Inside it will be a section ["NxFav"] which has all the currently saved values for that window. Lowering the ["H"] should shrink it.

06-01-13, 06:53 PM   #3
AncientPuffer
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the fast response. the only carbonite.lua I can find is embedded deep within WTF/Account/"Account name"/savedvariables, but changing the "H" seems to make no difference.

The problem isn't the size of the window, its the vertical positioning. All the top tabs (Record, etc.) are hidden, as well as the portion I can usually click and drag to reposition the window.

06-01-13, 08:31 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
if your using carbonite 5.1.9 it's a per character setting... so you'd need to either find the one specific for that character, or change every reference.

06-01-13, 09:58 PM   #5
AncientPuffer
A Defias Bandit
Changing carbonite.lua didn't fix the problem, anywhere I changed it. But I finally fixed it by selecting the option to "import settings" from another character. Thanks for your efforts, all fixed now

Last edited by AncientPuffer : 06-02-13 at 12:24 AM. Reason: ETA: It's Carbonite 5.1.6, btw

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Lost window control