04-21-08, 12:27 AM   #461
Aran'gar
A Murloc Raider

Has anyone heard from Aethenelle lately? I haven't seen a post from him in this thread for a while (since 4-12-2008 page 39 of this thread).

Just wondering how things were going on the update patch? Maybe an approximation on the ETA? Are there hangups keeping you from releasing the patch? If so perhaps sharing some of the problems your experiencing in fixing the UI, that way maybe the great minds of this forum could help solve them?

I'm not trying to sound impatient, honestly I'm actually patiently waiting but also just wondering what is going on with this update as well

I have a few people in my guild who use this UI and they are all asking when is it going to be updated. They love the UI but I have to keep telling them it's coming soon!!!

I also wanted to take the time out to say thank you to Aethenelle for all your hard work. I know you have a life outside of these forums and outside of the game. I hope WE all understand that! Those RL things can keep someone very busy. Then if you add all of the people who must be hammering you to keep working on this UI just has to be hard! I don't envy you at all! I would like to say I and all of the people in our guild who use the UI really appreciate your dedication to keeping this UI alive. We each understand and hope and pray that an update comes soon! Mazzle is playable, but just not 100% the same yet. Hopefully you'll fix all of these things for us soon!

We hope you are doing well and are waiting to hear from you soon! Again a BIG THANKS!!!
04-21-08, 12:47 AM   #462
Koumajutsu
A Kobold Labourer
Apologies for the big informational post, but I thought it would be best to explain all my steps that lead to where I am now. If you think its not needed just scroll through to the info I got from bugsack.

I've been looking through this post and searching for others for a good 2 hours now. I've edited the needed .lua files but new problems appeared.

I have no problems with my pre-2.4 mazzified toons. I also remazzify the button lay-out on my alts every time I get new skills to get it all in the correct position. So far, no problems on that (haven't checked after the .lua changes)

I just created a new character. All add-ons turned on, load out of date. When I logged now, instead of seeing the Mazzle screen and all the add ons spread all around, I saw part of the configuration of my alt shaman. FuBar was half installed, some mods where in place, some weren't.
So, I went to the mazzifier menu and found that all the tabs were blank, I could choose what sort of installation I wanted, and what skin, but all the "add-on selection" tabs where blank.

I could still click through "next" and get some sort of mazzification going, though some mods where misplaced and other just didn't really install. When I leveled, I could still use the button lay-out to get all the skills in place, until I received a class skill (devotion aura). This button appeared in the middle of my screen. I moved it, and since then new skills will not appear on the bar.

I downloaded clean Mazzle files to get the mazzifier tabs back and editted the .lua files, deleted my new characters WTF file and went back in. Mazzle's window popped up, even though FuBar and some add-ons where still properly installed. phase 1 went fine, no problems, the next button popped up. When my ui was reloaded a lot of add-ons where misplaced though, and I had no skill bar. The mazzifier just kind of stops at phase2: updating version numbers.

This is what it looks like now:

[2008/04/21 08:34:50-447-x1]: Aloft-r69497\Modules\Banzai.lua:3: Cannot find a library instance of LibBanzai-2.0.
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:490: in function `AceLibrary'
Aloft-r69497\Modules\Banzai.lua:3: in main chunk
2008/04/21 08:35:12-447-x1]: <string>:"*:OnEvent":2: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
<string>:"*:OnEvent":2: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>
1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:25: attempt to call method 'assert' (a nil value)
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):926: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):910: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>
[2008/04/21 08:35:26-447-x1]: MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:25: attempt to call method 'assert' (a nil value)
and those are the errors I get in Bugsack. I've seen something about this in another way older thread, but couldn't really find a solution to the problem, be much appreciated if some1 could take a look a it, or point me to a thread with an answer

EDIT: I've just noticed that the Mazzle HUD now stays open all the time on all my characters, the heath/mana bars don't go down either, it just became a still image on the screen.

Last edited by Koumajutsu : 04-21-08 at 12:56 AM.
04-21-08, 11:55 AM   #463
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Koumajutsu View Post
Apologies for the big informational post, but I thought it would be best to explain all my steps that lead to where I am now. If you think its not needed just scroll through to the info I got from bugsack.

I've been looking through this post and searching for others for a good 2 hours now. I've edited the needed .lua files but new problems appeared.

I have no problems with my pre-2.4 mazzified toons. I also remazzify the button lay-out on my alts every time I get new skills to get it all in the correct position. So far, no problems on that (haven't checked after the .lua changes)

I just created a new character. All add-ons turned on, load out of date. When I logged now, instead of seeing the Mazzle screen and all the add ons spread all around, I saw part of the configuration of my alt shaman. FuBar was half installed, some mods where in place, some weren't.
So, I went to the mazzifier menu and found that all the tabs were blank, I could choose what sort of installation I wanted, and what skin, but all the "add-on selection" tabs where blank.

I could still click through "next" and get some sort of mazzification going, though some mods where misplaced and other just didn't really install. When I leveled, I could still use the button lay-out to get all the skills in place, until I received a class skill (devotion aura). This button appeared in the middle of my screen. I moved it, and since then new skills will not appear on the bar.

I downloaded clean Mazzle files to get the mazzifier tabs back and editted the .lua files, deleted my new characters WTF file and went back in. Mazzle's window popped up, even though FuBar and some add-ons where still properly installed. phase 1 went fine, no problems, the next button popped up. When my ui was reloaded a lot of add-ons where misplaced though, and I had no skill bar. The mazzifier just kind of stops at phase2: updating version numbers.

This is what it looks like now:

and those are the errors I get in Bugsack. I've seen something about this in another way older thread, but couldn't really find a solution to the problem, be much appreciated if some1 could take a look a it, or point me to a thread with an answer

EDIT: I've just noticed that the Mazzle HUD now stays open all the time on all my characters, the heath/mana bars don't go down either, it just became a still image on the screen.
Did you also install DeTard's patch before making the changes in this thread? That is usually the problem with erors like those.

Originally Posted by Aran'gar View Post
Has anyone heard from Aethenelle lately? I haven't seen a post from him in this thread for a while (since 4-12-2008 page 39 of this thread).

Just wondering how things were going on the update patch? Maybe an approximation on the ETA? Are there hangups keeping you from releasing the patch? If so perhaps sharing some of the problems your experiencing in fixing the UI, that way maybe the great minds of this forum could help solve them?

I'm not trying to sound impatient, honestly I'm actually patiently waiting but also just wondering what is going on with this update as well

I have a few people in my guild who use this UI and they are all asking when is it going to be updated. They love the UI but I have to keep telling them it's coming soon!!!

I also wanted to take the time out to say thank you to Aethenelle for all your hard work. I know you have a life outside of these forums and outside of the game. I hope WE all understand that! Those RL things can keep someone very busy. Then if you add all of the people who must be hammering you to keep working on this UI just has to be hard! I don't envy you at all! I would like to say I and all of the people in our guild who use the UI really appreciate your dedication to keeping this UI alive. We each understand and hope and pray that an update comes soon! Mazzle is playable, but just not 100% the same yet. Hopefully you'll fix all of these things for us soon!

We hope you are doing well and are waiting to hear from you soon! Again a BIG THANKS!!!
Sorry, got a little busier than i expected with another project. Hopefully the initial patch/workaround file will be out later this week.
04-21-08, 03:32 PM   #464
Oscarivert
A Kobold Labourer
Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused on how to actually install this UI. I used it a while back when it was working fine, but then I stopped playing WoW, but now I've gotten back into it. I've looked on the forum to try and figure what to download, but I can't seem to figure out. Do I download the 1.11 core or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated
04-21-08, 03:38 PM   #465
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Oscarivert View Post
Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused on how to actually install this UI. I used it a while back when it was working fine, but then I stopped playing WoW, but now I've gotten back into it. I've looked on the forum to try and figure what to download, but I can't seem to figure out. Do I download the 1.11 core or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Might be a bit of work but go HERE and follow the instructions and then follow the first post in this thread to get it working for 2.4.
04-21-08, 03:40 PM   #466
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any suggestions on how to get the minimap back with a succesful mazzify and no bugsack errors??
04-21-08, 03:55 PM   #467
sabias
A Kobold Labourer
Angry Omfg

Mazzle.. pls help.. I am close to the point of breaknig my Pc.. I just wanna play WoW now.. nothing is working.. I installed MazzleUI just like the install guide says to.. did everything the way I was told. wel. everything but the skins are saying there is dependacey missing. now my fonts are all weird looking. my UI looks odd and coverd by other non moving UI.. Help me DL MazzleUI correctly.
04-22-08, 08:53 AM   #468
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
See the thread that's just 3 above? With the link on how to download correctly? Go there and make sure you're doing it that way. You're obviously missing something as there should be no missing dependencies if you downloaded correctly.

And remember to extract into the WorldofWarcraft directory only. Do not copy and paste.
04-22-08, 01:23 PM   #469
deathsoul88
A Murloc Raider
ok after reading and follow the instructions griffin224 gave me i now got my 3d layout fine but i got one more prob. it only happens when i click on a mob or a char. so far i got one bug that shows the only when i click a mob or when i type /duf.. hehe griffin 224 hehe pls help me or if there is anyone that encounter this same problem would it be possible to direct me on how to get this fix ... also how do i get rid of those extra buttons(i've circle it on the pic that i've attached)

Thanks in advance.

also when i click other chat or mobs the image doesnt comes out ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042308_025010.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	1727  

Last edited by deathsoul88 : 04-22-08 at 01:25 PM.
04-22-08, 09:11 PM   #470
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by sabias View Post
Mazzle.. pls help.. I am close to the point of breaknig my Pc.. I just wanna play WoW now.. nothing is working.. I installed MazzleUI just like the install guide says to.. did everything the way I was told. wel. everything but the skins are saying there is dependacey missing. now my fonts are all weird looking. my UI looks odd and coverd by other non moving UI.. Help me DL MazzleUI correctly.
Manually reinstall BanzaiLib from wowace.

The updaters don't look to see a non wowace mod is using a library before deleting it.
04-22-08, 09:18 PM   #471
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by deathsoul88 View Post
ok after reading and follow the instructions griffin224 gave me i now got my 3d layout fine but i got one more prob. it only happens when i click on a mob or a char. so far i got one bug that shows the only when i click a mob or when i type /duf.. hehe griffin 224 hehe pls help me or if there is anyone that encounter this same problem would it be possible to direct me on how to get this fix ... also how do i get rid of those extra buttons(i've circle it on the pic that i've attached)

Thanks in advance.

also when i click other chat or mobs the image doesnt comes out ..
Run the mazzifier again... this time only for the "Mazzlefizz's 3D Characters" addon...
04-23-08, 01:28 AM   #472
lectrcsprx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Shinzen View Post
Edit: Fixed. Anyone else with this problem, (Quest/Trainer frames moving off the screen thanks to moveFrames)

Follow instructions here:

First Browse to your WoW Directory, from there open up WTF\Account\<account name>\<server>\<character>\SavedVariables
And delete moveFrames.LUA and moveFrames.lua.bak.
Then edit the below file as shown in wordpad.

Exit out of WoW, Open with WordPad your WTF\Account\<account name>\<server>\<character>\layout-cache.txt
and change QuestFrame to:

Code:
Frame: QuestFrame
FrameLevel: 32
Anchor: TOPLEFT
X: 40
Y: 67
W: 926
H: 512

With the below fix you are able to move the frames safely again.
Open the file below in WordPad and change the following
AddOns\moveFrames\core.lua
Line: 351-353

Code:
		local point, relativeTo, relativePoint, xoff, yoff = f:GetPoint()
		frameInfo.x = xoff
		frameInfo.y = yoff
to

Code:
--local point, relativeTo, relativePoint, xoff, yoff = f:GetPoint()
		local xoff = f:GetLeft()
		local yoff = f:GetTop()
		local xtrue = UIParent:GetLeft()
		local ytrue = UIParent:GetTop()
		frameInfo.x = xoff - xtrue
		frameInfo.y = yoff - ytrue
While you're in there delete

Code:
     self:Hook("MovePanelToCenter", "MovePanelToCenter", true) self:Hook("MovePanelToLeft", "MovePanelToLeft", true)
At line 79-80.

That should do it.
Ok i looked thru the file with wordpad and saw no file named QuestFrame....closest i saw was:

Frame: QuestTimerFrame
FrameLevel: 1
Anchor: TOP
X: 8
Y: -74
W: 160
H: 72

still need a little help fixing the questframe to bring it back onscreen.
04-23-08, 01:50 AM   #473
deathsoul88
A Murloc Raider
hi Aethenelle and Griffin224.. i just wanna say thanks for the help.. The ui work perfectly fine now .. no red bugs coming out ..lol after a few days of hearing that bug scream its nice to finally not hearing it scream !!! lol again i would like to say thanks to you and griffin and to those that posed the fix thanks alot ... And a shout out to MAZZLE!!!! ..lol this ui is definitely one of the best ui i seen and use. lol its gets addictive instantly with all that mazzlfying stuff ..cheers and keep up with the good work on this ui ..

CHEERS !!!! CHEERS!!!!
04-23-08, 09:24 AM   #474
usafdaf
A Defias Bandit
Help?

I was reading through the posts and 75% of what people were saying i have no clue what it means. I just simply downloaded mazzlefizz and detard's fix and it was working fine until the recent patch. I can mazzify, but i the button to finish spell never shows up. I don't know how to look at code, or what certain files mean, all i know is that it won't let me finish and everything looks all kinds of crazy. Any advice? preferably in a newbie language that i could understand ^^
04-23-08, 10:57 AM   #475
gutkin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by usafdaf View Post
I was reading through the posts and 75% of what people were saying i have no clue what it means. I just simply downloaded mazzlefizz and detard's fix and it was working fine until the recent patch. I can mazzify, but i the button to finish spell never shows up. I don't know how to look at code, or what certain files mean, all i know is that it won't let me finish and everything looks all kinds of crazy. Any advice? preferably in a newbie language that i could understand ^^

I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe someone is working on an upgrade package to bring Mazzle 100% functional with 2.4.x

Just need to be patient.
04-23-08, 08:00 PM   #476
usafdaf
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by gutkin View Post
I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe someone is working on an upgrade package to bring Mazzle 100% functional with 2.4.x

Just need to be patient.
That's awesome! i tried going through and editing things myself...but ended up just so lost
04-24-08, 12:52 AM   #477
Carthrix
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by lectrcsprx View Post
Ok i looked thru the file with wordpad and saw no file named QuestFrame....closest i saw was:

Frame: QuestTimerFrame
FrameLevel: 1
Anchor: TOP
X: 8
Y: -74
W: 160
H: 72

still need a little help fixing the questframe to bring it back onscreen.

Just type /mf reset
04-24-08, 05:43 PM   #478
lectrcsprx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Carthrix View Post
Just type /mf reset
maybe this might sound silly...but type that where in game or somewhere in wordpad??
04-24-08, 06:46 PM   #479
potimus
A Kobold Labourer
in the normal chat box

just hit enter (like chatting in town) and type /mf reset
04-24-08, 06:48 PM   #480
lectrcsprx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ty carth..ty potimus....i tried in game and it reset the frame...big ups for your help bro.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread