07-10-05, 11:06 AM   #1
juno
A Murloc Raider
Hiding Diivskin elements

Hey Diiv, great mod, but I have a question:
In an earlier post (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&T=134979&P=10) you stated how to do this. In a post here, you stated to use the new set of PreDefinedFrames from the Move Anything list. I have followed your directions. However, the only thing I can get the UI elements to do, with this /flexbar call, is hide the specified element (and that doesn't even happen when I do the action I outlined, it does it as soon as I type the script in and I have to type the Show one to get it back).

/flexbar runscript on="LeftButtonClick" target=37 script='DiivSkins_vbar3:Hide()'
/flexbar runscript on="RightButtonClick" target=37 script='DiivSkins_vbar3:Show()'

Also, how do you get multiple pieces of UI to hide at once with only 1 button click?
Also (lots of alsos hehe) Diivskins seems to weigh heavy on my CPU/Graphics card, even though I have an Athlon 64 bit 3000+ and a GeForce 6600 GT. Are there any plans to optimize it? Is it possible?
Thanks for the help.
-Juno
07-10-05, 07:32 PM   #2
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by juno
Hey Diiv, great mod, but I have a question:
In an earlier post (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&T=134979&P=10) you stated how to do this. In a post here, you stated to use the new set of PreDefinedFrames from the Move Anything list. I have followed your directions. However, the only thing I can get the UI elements to do, with this /flexbar call, is hide the specified element (and that doesn't even happen when I do the action I outlined, it does it as soon as I type the script in and I have to type the Show one to get it back).

/flexbar runscript on="LeftButtonClick" target=37 script='DiivSkins_vbar3:Hide()'
/flexbar runscript on="RightButtonClick" target=37 script='DiivSkins_vbar3:Show()'
Hrm. /script DiivSkins_vbar3:Hide(); would hide a bar, but I have no idea why the flexscipts you detail above would fire without a button click on button 37.

How are your events doing? Are you working directly from the chat entry, or the flexbar events editor. If not the editor, look in your keybindings, and assign a key to the events editor. Open that up and see if you are even registering an event for your button 37 at all. Also, make sure you don't have multiple events for that button that might be confusing the issue.

Another thing that might be a problem. If you are hiding button 37 with the same command as for the background, you will have trouble showing it again with a mouse event. A truly "hidden" flexbutton won't intercept mouse actions. One way around this is to adjust the alpha with flexbar fade button=37 alpha=1. That would make a "trigger" nearly transparent, without actually making it "invisible" to mouse events.

Also, how do you get multiple pieces of UI to hide at once with only 1 button click?
Either lengthen the flexscript for a given event action, or just make multiple flexevents fire for a given button. (Do the exact same as you tryped above, adding new events to your events listing, just change the element name. )

Also (lots of alsos hehe) Diivskins seems to weigh heavy on my CPU/Graphics card, even though I have an Athlon 64 bit 3000+ and a GeForce 6600 GT. Are there any plans to optimize it? Is it possible?.
I'm not a techie, so I really have no clue just what specifically DiivSkins is doing as far as system resources. I have tested its game memory against other AddOns, and this is not unusually high. I have a similar rig as yours. Radeon card and an intel chip, but similar"specs". I haven't logged into game for weeks, but I still saw FPS rates in excess of 60 when in full screen mode with moderate to high graphics settings at 1600x1200 res. I probably average around 45, low around 30 in extremely crowded areas. More than playable for me, but opinions vary on that respect, I'm sure. In any event, you're adding more pixels to draw, so you must assume your system is going to have to compensate somehow.

I do know Flexbar can do some funky things to your system resources, depending on which build you are using. Dhargo, Flexbar's author, has been historically exemplary in adressing issues it has however. Personally, I never worried about it. Flexbar is one of those addons that has always made my "can't do without" list.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but that's what (little) I know.
07-10-05, 11:10 PM   #3
juno
A Murloc Raider
Guess what the problem was!
Man, I hate when I write some really long script or some code or HTML ETC and it all comes down to it being 1 tiny mistake.
The mistake?
;

/flexbar runscript on='MouseEnterButton' button=60 script='DiivSkins_vbar3:Show();'
!!!
I had forgot to put it in! Fixed now, thanks for the help, your example script (/script DiivSkins_vbar3:Hide(); ) helped me see the light!
07-11-05, 06:07 AM   #4
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sometimes seems like its always something like that.

glad to hear you got it rolling.
07-11-05, 09:29 AM   #5
juno
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by diiverr
It sometimes seems like its always something like that.

glad to hear you got it rolling.
Yeah...wonderful mod man. I shirked flexbar in the beginning because I really enjoyed WoW interface art. Now I can have flex AND art!
Thanks again,
juno

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hiding Diivskin elements