12-27-20, 02:32 PM   #1
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Project Update

I made a public post yesterday on Patreon that I have copied here so that more people can see it.

First off I want to apologize for the lack of posts here. A lot has happened this year to say the least, both personally and just in general. That being said, I wanted to give you all an update before the end of the year and a look at what I want to do in 2021.

A New Update Schedule
Starting Jan 2, RealUI will be transitioning to a consistent update schedule on the first Saturday of every month.

With this, I hope to accomplish two things:

1) Ensure that all RealUI users are getting regular updates and bugfixes, regardless of what my schedule might be.

2) It will give me a hard deadline with which to work toward, and hopefully it will help focus my effort on what can be done in that time.

This does not necessarily mean there will only ever be one update in a month. If there is a critical bug, I will as always try to get an update out as soon as possible. This change is simply to overcome my own executive dysfunction.

To align with this new schedule, the Patreon will be changed to a monthly payout instead of the current per post method. This will go into effect on Jan 2.

New Addons
Now that things have settled a bit since the launch of Shadowlands, I'll be focusing more attention on replacing old addons.

Some of you have probably already used the new(ish) CombatText addon, which is meant to replace the defunct MSBT. It won't be a feature rich, especially at the beginning. It's currently in an alpha state, and I plan to add custom scroll areas and configurable alerts before moving to beta and eventual release.

The other addon in the pipe is Chat. As with other parts of RealUI, this will be more minimalist compared with standalone addons. That said, it will still include a few powerful options like word filters and custom channel names. If you have any specific feature requests, please let me know.
While I'm generally more active on the RealUI Discord I do still read every post on this forum, so please don't hesitate to post. However, if you want to check out the Discord you are more than welcome.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Project Update