02-09-21, 06:59 PM   #1
Ayrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Able to make CargBags work without RealUI?

Hey Gethe,

I know this is a strange request, but my girlfriend loves the look of the CargBags setup but doesn't currently use RealUI (it's too minimalistic for her, which is silly). She wanted to know if there's a way to use the CargBags setup without having RealUI? We tried copy/pasting the addon and the WTF files but it required RealUI as a dependency.

It's be awesome if you could let me know if this is possible, even though it's a strange one.

Thank you,
02-10-21, 03:19 PM   #2
Grumpyrowley
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I'm not sure if this will help but here goes.

Cargbags is no longer part of RealUI, it now uses its own build in bag functionally.

Its seems there is a fan update which I believe will work without RealUI and you can download it from

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...vaya.html#info
02-11-21, 06:40 AM   #3
Ayrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey Grumpy,

We downloaded that version and the only thing we can't figure out is the automatic filtering of tradegoods by profession. It groups everything into Trade Goods, but not Leatherworking, Tailoring, etc.

The RealUI suite had a filter for CargBags that allowed the automatic filtering, but copying the filter file over from RealUI breaks the addon. That's the part that I'm stuck at, haha.

Thank you,
02-11-21, 05:14 PM   #4
Grumpyrowley
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Hey,

I would only use this stand alone version for your girlfriend as your files may need info from the main realui addon to work (just guessing, I'm certainly no expert)

From the stand alone addon it says

You can also add your very own custom containers, which behave just like the "Cool Stuff" container. By default, their priority is higher than the "New Items" container, so items assigned to one of these will never be marked as new. This priority can be lowered.

Add a container with /cbniv addbag name, remove one with /cbniv delbag name, list all existing with /cbniv listbags etc. Type /cbniv for a full list of available commands.

If I remember rightly to add a bag you need to type /cbniv addbag (then the bag you want)
so for instance /cbniv addbag Alchemy

alt + right-click an item and you should get a list of available bags including the one you just added

You may need to reload the ui before being able to see the new bag from the drop down menu.

Good luck
02-12-21, 09:10 AM   #5
Ayrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Grumpyrowley View Post
Hey,

I would only use this stand alone version for your girlfriend as your files may need info from the main realui addon to work (just guessing, I'm certainly no expert)

From the stand alone addon it says

You can also add your very own custom containers, which behave just like the "Cool Stuff" container. By default, their priority is higher than the "New Items" container, so items assigned to one of these will never be marked as new. This priority can be lowered.

Add a container with /cbniv addbag name, remove one with /cbniv delbag name, list all existing with /cbniv listbags etc. Type /cbniv for a full list of available commands.

If I remember rightly to add a bag you need to type /cbniv addbag (then the bag you want)
so for instance /cbniv addbag Alchemy

alt + right-click an item and you should get a list of available bags including the one you just added

You may need to reload the ui before being able to see the new bag from the drop down menu.

Good luck
Yeah, we've got that far, but we're looking to find an automatic filter for each of the trade good professions instead of having to manually sort through a large amount of items manually. Hopefully there's a QoL option for us, but we'll see!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Able to make CargBags work without RealUI?