09-20-18, 10:39 AM   #1
MuffinManKen
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Issue with Button cooldown

In AutoBar, when a button is on cooldown the cooldown colour is white. When a button on the Blizzard's ActionBar is on cooldown, the colour is black. I don't set the colour, I just inherit from ActionButtonTemplate (which Blizzard's code also does) and it defines the cooldown like so:
Code:
<Cooldown name="$parentCooldown" inherits="CooldownFrameTemplate" parentKey="cooldown">
	<Size x="36" y="36"/>
	<Anchors>
			<Anchor point="CENTER" x="0" y="-1"/>
	</Anchors>
	<SwipeTexture>
		<Color r="1" g="1" b="1" a="0.8"/>
	</SwipeTexture>
</Cooldown>
As I read it, that's the white that I'm seeing on AutoBar. I cannot figure out why the standard buttons have a black cooldown. I tested this with only AutoBar loaded so I know it's not an odd interaction with something like Masque or OmniCC.

Of course I can hack it to match, but then I would need to change this to match any future changes Blizzard makes and it might also mess up any addons that customize buttons (like Masque/OmniCC/etc).

Does anyone know why this behaviour is happening?
09-20-18, 10:52 AM   #2
MuffinManKen
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I found an old screenshot from Legion and AutoBar's cooldown was dark. I installed AutoBar from 7.3.5 and the cooldown is white. So far it looks like something changed on Blizzard's side, but I'm not sure what.
09-20-18, 11:20 AM   #3
MuffinManKen
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Going back through diffs of ActionButtonTemplate.xml and ActionButton.lua, I see no changes to their behaviour in this regard for a very long time.

In ActionButton.lua they do explicitly change the cooldown colour to black, so now I have no idea why AutoBar ever matched their behaviour since I just use their template which has not changed in a very long time.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Issue with Button cooldown