10-05-05, 02:51 PM   #1
Etherizim
Hide the gryphons, and place the chatbox

OK i just have a few requests that i can place all into the same file.

1) removing the gryphon art on both the left and right side of the UI.

2) automatically placing the chat window to a specific location on first load. as well as setting a default to the lines displayed in the chatbox.

that is it right now. thank you in advanced!
10-05-05, 04:36 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Answers...

1) Here are a few Gryphon Hider addons:
Art Hider
KarlGustav's Gryphons Remover
Hide Art

Also there is one in Cosmos under Baroptions ... It can be used without Cosmos if you like but one of the three above would prolly be the best choice. The second link (KarlGustav's Gryphons Remover) has been updated for the latest version of WoW so it does work (hopefully)

2) The chat window can be moved anywhere you want without any need for an addon.
Heres How:
1) Hover over the chat window and right click the First tab. On the top there is an option for unlocking the chat frame. Click that.
2) Move the chat frame by Holding the Left Mouse Button on the first tab and dragging it anywhere you want.
3) Relock the window. Follow step 1 but instead click on Lock Chat frame

Also you can resize the chat frame the same way you would resize any window on your desktop. Holding the Left Mouse Button on an edge and dragging Left/Right or Up/Down.

Hopefully this helps. I use Cosmos so I am not positive if the Chat Unlock is a blizz feature or not but I believe it is.
10-08-05, 08:20 AM   #3
Etherizim
i know how to do that but i want an addon

i know how to move it already and i know of the art hiding addons. what i want to do, is have the art removal AND a default chat placement for the UI i package.

i am not good at LUA or XML but i know what i like and alot of people agree with me by supporting my UI. all im lookin for is the actual code itself in an addon. ^_^

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hide the gryphons, and place the chatbox