09-20-05, 08:10 PM   #1
Thoreac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Resetting BibMod ?

Since the last patch, I've had problems with BibMod. Yes I installed the latest from here, and no it didn't fix it. I suspect it's in BibToolbars ( or maybe BibCore ).

Basically, alot of bars got turned on that I didn't have displaying before, and the main ControlBar ( BibActionBar I think ) gets lost. It's just gone, no show / hide arrow, no bar, nothing... Since I run with the controls turned off most of the time ( green boxes,resize boxes, etc ) this means I'm completely stuck with a bunch of extra bars overlapping all over my screen.

How do I reset BibMod completely and put everything back to it's default? If I have to uninstall and re-install that's fine, but I don't think t hat's going to do it...

I've tried hacking the code to force things on and off, but everything is split up between mods, and it's all co-dependant, so it's really tricky.

If someone knows where the variables are stored now that SavedVariables.lua is no longer used, I'll just go hut all the BibMod saved settings out and restart fresh... but I haven't been able to find that either.

Any help is appreciated!
09-20-05, 08:34 PM   #2
Zweider
An Aku'mai Servant
To reset the position of everything, erase your layout-cache.txt file. It's in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\<character name>.

The saved variabes are now kept in a directory named SavedVariables, which is in the same directory as SavedVariables.lua (which is only used for Blizzard's variables now). In the SavedVariables directory, you'll find seperate lua save files for each mod.
09-20-05, 08:56 PM   #3
Zweider
An Aku'mai Servant
Oh, if you, or anybody else is curious about the dependency heirarchy of BibMod, here's how it goes:

BibCore is the core of the mod. It needs to be enabled for anything else to work, because it contains functionality that the other mods need, such as the menu bar, and various utility functions that the others use. BibWindowMods and BibToolbars are directly dependent on it.

BibWindowMods contains different enhancements to the various frames in the GUI, to let you move and resize them. It's what makes the various windows and GUI elements draggable, and puts resizer tabs on them. It also does the BuffFrames and Tooltip modifications. It's dependant on BibCore, as mentioned above.

BibBagMods, which used to be part of BibWindowMods, makes the bags movable and resizable. It is dependant on BibWindowMods, because it needs the resize and drag functionality from BibWindowMods to work. It was just split out into its own mod so that it can be individually disabled, for people who want to use other bag mods without them conflicting.

BibToolbars gets rid of the game's normal toolbar art, and gives you the ten configurable toolbars, the changeable button IDs, etc. In addition to its dependency on BibCore, it also has an optional dependency on BibWindowMods, because when both are loaded, it uses BibWindowMod's functionality to put resize tabs on the toolbars.

Last edited by Zweider : 09-20-05 at 09:10 PM.
09-20-05, 11:30 PM   #4
Thoreac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks!

Got busy today... I'll give that a try ASAP though.

MUCH appreciated!
09-20-05, 11:39 PM   #5
Thoreac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Oh, another question:

Can I copy layout-cache.txt from one character to another, once I have a setup I like?
09-21-05, 08:56 AM   #6
Rags
A Cyclonian

worth a shot, I was thinking about that last night, but forgot to try it out. will check it out tonight.
09-21-05, 02:57 PM   #7
Thoreac
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

So copying the file over did set all the components to the same positions as my other character, which was cool... But I still can't see the main control bar. I
m not sure if it's being sent off the screen, being set to invisible, or what... but it's not there. So I manually edited the BibMod*.lua variable files ( under WTF/<account>/<char> ) and set everything up the way I want it. Certainly not perfect ( especially since to make any changes I have to manually edit again ) but I don't know where the main menu bar has gone

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Resetting BibMod ?