06-23-10, 05:35 AM   #2681
Caith
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the chat is useless in arena and fast paced situations in wow,
so I tried something new and "banned" it out of the viewers eye.

And it worked better as I'd thought

06-23-10, 05:44 AM   #2682
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
I agree with Petrah. ¬¬

But anyway, the new UI looks damn nice, Caith, except the chat needs to be on the bottom. You defy the basic principle of every MMO's interface. And for that you must be hunted. Oh, nice video, too. Lucky sod, you can play the game at max graphics... those shadows look so nice...
What basic principle? You can put the chat anywhere you want, it's been done before. And chat really is secondary in a fight. Unit frames and cooldowns are far more important.

06-23-10, 06:38 AM   #2683
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
*sad panda face* no comments on my ui, either its very dire or...

06-23-10, 08:01 AM   #2684
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Do I need to put [/joke] at the end of the post to make it even more clear? Anyway, it's good to try new stuff out. All I'm saying is it would confuse 90% of the people who would download the UI. At first, at least. What I meant by the 'basic principle of every MMO' is that every MMO I've played puts the chat box down in the bottom left corner, so I would feel a bit alienated having it up there. Also, to be honest, it's not much further away from the eye than down at the bottom - apart from the fact that for most people the bottom part of the screen is where we look more often - and for that reason I just think that you might have moved the chat frame up there just because you can. It's not like it would detract the eye from anything in combat, because you will only look at it when you need to, especially if there was no background to it. Well, whatever, that's just my opinion.

Sorry Canities, I used to comment a paragraph or so on every screenshot each time I posted but that's getting somewhat tiring. I think your UI is really clean-feeling, what with that font and the light black gradients here and there. In some places there are a few too many lines and it gets a bit haywire. Not much I can suggest other than reducing the number of lines in some places, get rid of the raid frames power bars (you really don't need them as a DPSer, to be honest), hide that ButtonBin or whatever it is (at least on mouse-out) and post a better quality screenshot. The colours look ****e.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-23-10, 08:33 AM   #2685
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Caith View Post

I used to sport unit frames in the top left of my screen, like the default UI has them. I got so used to looking there that when I switch them to the bottom half, I died a lot. I suppose the chat window will be the same, just instead of dying you will get angry people thinking you are ignoring them. However, since most of the action in the game happens in the top half of the screen, I like that part to be as empty as possible. Personal opinion, I don't wanna get attacked like a Wella o-o"

EDIT: Well since Blizzard doesn't like us putting chat windows at the bottom of our screen, I might as well adopt Caith's idea >.>"

Last edited by Politig : 06-23-10 at 09:28 AM.

06-23-10, 09:50 AM   #2686
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Yeah, I agree, I like to keep most of the top half of the screen empty, because I like to see everything in front of me and as far beyond as possible. Also, what's wrong with Blizzard...?
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-23-10, 10:03 AM   #2687
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Sorry Canities, I used to comment a paragraph or so on every screenshot each time I posted but that's getting somewhat tiring. I think your UI is really clean-feeling, what with that font and the light black gradients here and there. In some places there are a few too many lines and it gets a bit haywire. Not much I can suggest other than reducing the number of lines in some places, get rid of the raid frames power bars (you really don't need them as a DPSer, to be honest), hide that ButtonBin or whatever it is (at least on mouse-out) and post a better quality screenshot. The colours look ****e.
Thanks for the comments Wella,
The mana bars on the DPS raid frames are a remnant of my healer setup and is a really easy thing to change. Not to sure why the screen shots and colours turned out so poor, will have a look later tonight. I should also be able to get a live raid shot on one of my chars to show the DXE setup. Will also have a look at hiding buton bin and see how it looks after that.

06-23-10, 10:22 AM   #2688
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Caith View Post

You might try to play around with transparency for the chatwindow, like fade out in combat (doesn't need to be faded out to zero visibility, but like 20-30%). At the moment, it's very visible, no matter where you put it, because of the way you have it (dark BG and a rather eye catching border).

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-23-10, 02:25 PM   #2689
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Raid shot coming soon(tm), but in the meantime, here's a solo screenshot so you can see the unit frames:

Note: normally the player cast text has the same alignment as the target name, but for some reason Stuf keeps pushing it to the right. So yeah, ignore that.

06-23-10, 02:50 PM   #2690
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Raid shot coming soon(tm), but in the meantime, here's a solo screenshot so you can see the unit frames:

Note: normally the player cast text has the same alignment as the target name, but for some reason Stuf keeps pushing it to the right. So yeah, ignore that.
What chat addon are you using?

06-23-10, 03:13 PM   #2691
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I snatched BasicChatMods from ALZA's UI and modified it for my needs. The panel around it is done with LitePanels.

06-23-10, 04:35 PM   #2692
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Removed rBuff and instead added player buffs / debuffs to oUF_D3Orbs. Added the fading of the default bufframes aswell.

The LFDRole Icons are now finished aswell.

I'm finally happy with everything so release is coming soon.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

06-23-10, 05:03 PM   #2693
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Removed rBuff and instead added player buffs / debuffs to oUF_D3Orbs. Added the fading of the default bufframes aswell.

I'm finally happy with everything so release is coming soon.
Zork, I've been a fan of d3orbs for some time. But what chat addon are YOU using? I read on Haylie's UI that it won't be released, and the chat from ALZA UI he mentioned is out of date.

06-23-10, 05:46 PM   #2694
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Politig View Post
Zork, I've been a fan of d3orbs for some time. But what chat addon are YOU using? I read on Haylie's UI that it won't be released, and the chat from ALZA UI he mentioned is out of date.
You can try using Chatter :P Sure it doesn't save position but I'm sure a fix will be underway. Also, that thread that you posted I think it was you, you can use that code P3lim posted.

06-23-10, 05:49 PM   #2695
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
You can try using Chatter :P Sure it doesn't save position but I'm sure a fix will be underway. Also, that thread that you posted I think it was you, you can use that code P3lim posted.
I'm unaware of any thread posted on my p3lim o_o

I like Chatter. I like Prat. I like them because they can do the things that bChat can do. bChat is so small it doesn't even show up under my addons list. It uses up so little memory/CPU. As much as a like Chatter, its like using xLootGroup over teksLoot.

06-23-10, 05:56 PM   #2696
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Politig View Post
I'm unaware of any thread posted on my p3lim o_o

I like Chatter. I like Prat. I like them because they can do the things that bChat can do. bChat is so small it doesn't even show up under my addons list. It uses up so little memory/CPU. As much as a like Chatter, its like using xLootGroup over teksLoot.
To also let you know Politig, Haylie and Zork both are on EU, so they haven't experienced the whole 'Chat messing up' ordeal yet, until Tuesday. :P

06-23-10, 06:08 PM   #2697
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Also, a reminder that this thread is not titled "which chat mods work with the patch?"
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-23-10, 06:24 PM   #2698
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Love the party frames zork looking very nice.

(I dont suppose you named yourself after the old win98 game? if so that would just be awesome..lol.)
Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

06-24-10, 01:15 AM   #2699
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good lord. Thx for info. Waiting for 3.3.5 until release. *shrug*

@blkdrgn
No it was actually a typo :/ but now I'm happy with the choice.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 06-24-10 at 01:23 AM.

06-24-10, 02:14 AM   #2700
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Had to turn to PhanxChat to get the look right, but I think I'm done tinkering for awhile, lol. My UF are the squares to the right and left of actionbars (they deplete downwards) As always C%C is needed, and any suggestions are appreciated~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idea.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	4490  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...