10-10-11, 04:32 PM   #1
gi2k15
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Smart totem config

Hello, I'd like to know if there's an addon that can setup my totems according to the party/raid.

For example, if someone in the party can buff agi/str but no one can buff armor, use the correct totem (stoneskin instead of strengh of earth).

If the change can't be done automatically, a frame with the settings would be nice.

I'm pretty sure I once saw an addon like this, but I can't remember the name. Any ideas?
10-10-11, 07:39 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Most of the "all in one" buff addons (eg. ZOMG Buffs, etc.) will tell you which buff totems you should be casting, and give you a button to click to cast them and/or add them to your current totem set.
10-14-11, 07:02 AM   #3
gi2k15
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I've tried ZOMG, but it doesn't seem to have a suggestion totem system (at least I couldn't find one). Any other recommendation?
10-15-11, 02:18 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Okay, after a bit of searching, the one I used to use was BuffBroker. It looks like Buffin also suggests totems. Try both and see which one you like better.
10-17-11, 07:30 AM   #5
gi2k15
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I've tried both. BuffBroker is not very intelligent when it comes to totems (it keeps telling me to down a Flametongue Totem while I'm Enhanced and have a Searing Totem up).

Buffin would be exactly what I needed, if it worked. The config panel where it should list the totem priorities appears empty, and I couldn't manage to get it working. I opened a ticket to see whether I'm doing something wrong or the addon is broken after 4.2.

I'm starting to think I should write this addon myself, although I don't have much programming experience and don't know how to create user interfaces. It'll be a great time to learn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Smart totem config