05-11-13, 06:19 AM   #1
ytram
A Defias Bandit
KGpanels interaction with chat

I've created my own UI which I like to keep clean but still informative in situations where it's needed. Therefore I do alot of work with fading out certain parts of my UI.

I use KGpanels for backgrounds to various things and working with the "Parent Frame" tool I've managed to have these backgrounds fade out together with their parent for example the target frame.

Now to the actual problem. I have a KGpanels background for my chat frame. What I would like to do is to have it fade out when there is no text in the chat frame (when the chat have faded out after no new posts for 30 sec). However I have not been able to achieve this effect with the "Parent Frame" tool. I've been thinking that there must be some way to get this working with the Script tool, unfortenatly I have no experience with scripts in wow. If anyone know a script that would make this work, or any other way to work around the problem, that would be very much appreciated!

Here is a picture of my chat frame. The background is made in KGpanels and it is this I want to fade out when the chat is empty.
05-11-13, 06:20 AM   #2
ytram
A Defias Bandit
The image dosn't seem to work. Here is the direct link:
http://imgur.com/omKQ4wU
05-11-13, 09:43 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try anchoring the chat frame panel to the chat frame and see if that helps. Don't change the parenting.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
05-11-13, 12:46 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Anchoring just controls location.

@OP: the reason why it doesn't work is because the ChatFrame doesn't actually fade out. Just the text inside does.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-11-13, 01:22 PM   #5
Be3f.
A Theradrim Guardian

You could take a look at:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...icUIHider.html
05-13-13, 01:50 AM   #6
ytram
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Be3f. View Post
I've been toying around with it a bit but havn't gotten it to work yet. If anyone else have any other suggestions please share them. Will try this out some more tho.
05-13-13, 10:35 AM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, I suppose one could hook the SetAlpha call of the last line of the ScrollingMessageFrame.
No idea on how to get the last visible line however

EDIT: Or even better, check which lines are faded in and resize/fade the panel appropriately.

Another helpful AddOn might be Chicchai.
Hook the SetHeight call on the appropriate chatframe and be done with it

Last edited by ravagernl : 05-13-13 at 10:42 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KGpanels interaction with chat