09-18-14, 11:09 AM   #1
PadainFain
A Murloc Raider
Moving Data Items on the bottom bar?

I know this functionality isn't built into the UI but does anyone know if there is another addon that would allow me to restrict the bottom bar (the whole bar or just the usable part) to my central monitor? I run 3 screens and the data is so far off to the left and right that they're annoying far away.

Similarly it would be useful to be able to have my inventory display on the left side of the right screen, anchor the 'regular' frames (character, bank, talents etc) so they display from somewhere other than the extreme left. Dragging from Bank to Inventory is over 7000 pixels on the diagonal!!!

Cheers! Great UI!
09-18-14, 11:21 AM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can put this script into the chat to change the UI's 'resolution', where width and height is the resolution you want (i.e. 1920 and 1080):

Code:
/run UIParent:SetSize(width, height) UIParent:ClearAllPoints() UIParent:SetMovable(true) UIParent:SetPoint("CENTER") UIParent:SetUserPlaced(true)
The Info Line can be set to be inset from the sides of the screen. /realadv > Modules > Info Line > Position/Size > X Left and X Right
09-18-14, 12:07 PM   #3
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by PadainFain View Post
I run 3 screens and the data is so far off to the left and right that they're annoying far away.
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm being a dick, but I have 3 screens as well but I only use the middle one for WoW. The other two screens have Chrome windows, Mumble/Teamspeak/Ventrilo, and a movie/music playing and other stuff I'm working on. I do usually use all 3 when playing other games, especially FPSs, but I've found that peripheral vision with WoW isn't really that helpful and there just tends to be more screen space to turn my head to see while trying to keep track of relevant info on the middle screen. Do you prefer using all 3 screens over using just one with 2 spare screens?
To each his/her own of course, just saying that I get much more use/pleasure out of just using the middle screen for WoW and having an entire other screen to keep WoWhead tabs open in a Chrome window, watch who's talking in Mumble, and watching a movie in the other.
09-18-14, 05:07 PM   #4
PadainFain
A Murloc Raider
I like the extra wide screen for a few reasons. It's quite a beautiful game for one. Flying over the Vale on such displays is quite brilliant. I also find it useful on raids giving me a wider view- sure I don't have total vision of all of it but peripherally it can be helpful to see adds coming etc. Mostly it's so I can move certain non-essential data off the main screen. I generally keep the minimap, chat and so on on the near edge of the side monitors.

Like you I have mumble, web, music etc running, but you can tab in and out. Or just bring up web pages on my iPad or my Macbook Pro. I'm actually sat in front of 7 screens in total.

Thank you Nibelheim for the commands!
09-18-14, 08:27 PM   #5
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Fair enough to each his own. Sounds like you have a nice setup, you should post a pic.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Moving Data Items on the bottom bar?