03-06-06, 10:35 PM   #21
Farook
A Molten Giant

@ Cirk

First of all I have to say sorry:
I became sick last weekend, and couldn't even think of sitting in front of my computer. So I had no time to test it as I said. Unfortunately I'm going on holiday this friday for 5 days, and I can not say yet if I'm going to participate on a big raid till Friday. So my idea now is to present you what I got so far. Maybe you (or someone else) wants to test it anyway. As soon as I'm back, I'll gonna keep up the work on the german-localization-file.

And I got one more question:
What is meant by "master blessing"?
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.de.zip (3.4 KB, 559 views)
03-07-06, 03:40 PM   #22
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Farook
First of all I have to say sorry:
I became sick last weekend, and couldn't even think of sitting in front of my computer. So I had no time to test it as I said. Unfortunately I'm going on holiday this friday for 5 days, and I can not say yet if I'm going to participate on a big raid till Friday. So my idea now is to present you what I got so far. Maybe you (or someone else) wants to test it anyway. As soon as I'm back, I'll gonna keep up the work on the german-localization-file.
No worries Farook, I've been pretty busy myself and haven't had a chance to finish the structural changes for the localization files yet either! If someone else with a german client can test your changes in the meantime, that'd be great, otherwise get well first and enjoy your holiday

Originally Posted by Farook
And I got one more question:
What is meant by "master blessing"?
The master blessing allows you to quickly select a single blessing that is applied to all players who are using their default class blessing without changing your per-class defaults (players who are using a per-player Blessing will keep their setting though).

For example, say you normally have your per-class settings, but then you go on a raid with 5 other paladins, and you get assigned to do Blessing of Salvation on all players except the warriors. Rather than changing each of your class blessings individually, you could instead simply select Blessing of Salvation in the master blessings list and then enable the master blessing (you'll see everyone in the player list will now have Blessing of Salvation). Then you'd just need to turn off blessings for the warrior class by clearing the checkbox next to the warrior class name on the left side of the window (since its very very important that warriors don't have Salvation ). In other words, using the master blessing is just a short-cut for changing all of your class blessings individually.

Hope that helps,
-- Cirk
03-07-06, 09:46 PM   #23
Farook
A Molten Giant

Okay... I think I know what you are talking about. Hmmm.... could become a little difficult to find an appropriate german word for this term, but I'll do my best.
03-07-06, 11:43 PM   #24
Farook
A Molten Giant

I overworked the last file again, and I almost have it now fully translated.

It could be that some translations do not fit into their place yet... that's something I have to take a look at ingame.
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.de.zip (3.4 KB, 558 views)
03-08-06, 03:50 AM   #25
katana
A Cyclonian

Cirk, small question... there are some strings I have translated to french but I've not seen yet, like "Blessing %s with %s" or "%s is invisible", etc. Are all the strings implemented in the current version ?

Additionnally, I've noticed that verbose feedback was not that verbose ("Blessing Sequence Started", "Blessing Sequence Completed" and that's it), is it a bug due to my translation ?
03-08-06, 08:39 AM   #26
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by katana
Cirk, small question... there are some strings I have translated to french but I've not seen yet, like "Blessing %s with %s" or "%s is invisible", etc. Are all the strings implemented in the current version ?
All the strings should be used. Some of them (like the invisible one) are pretty situational (you get that one if trying to cast on a stealthed rogue or warlock imp pet, for example).

Originally Posted by katana
Additionnally, I've noticed that verbose feedback was not that verbose ("Blessing Sequence Started", "Blessing Sequence Completed" and that's it), is it a bug due to my translation ?
You probably have the verbose feedback set to go to the combat tab rather than your default general chat tab. You can change that in the options, or just have a look in your combat tab.

Cheers,
-- Cirk
03-08-06, 09:42 AM   #27
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Cirk
You probably have the verbose feedback set to go to the combat tab rather than your default general chat tab. You can change that in the options, or just have a look in your combat tab.
Ah yes it would probably be this one. I have a raid this evening, it will be a good test for the translation

Cya !
03-12-06, 05:11 PM   #28
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just thought I'd drop by with a quick update

I've finished modifying Blessings to include localization.lua, localization.fr.lua, and localization.de.lua files, and in the process have made a few minor changes to those files from their original content when they were inside Blessings.lua. That should make it easier for someone to do translations for other client languages as well.

I'm also working on adding a new feature for expiration reminders, which is nearly finished. Once that's done and tested, I'll release Blessings as a beta version for anyone with French and German clients to test and tweak the localized text some more! (I'm planning on the next official release being for when 1.10 comes out).

Again, big thanks to Katana and Farook for all your work so far!

-- Cirk
03-13-06, 06:48 PM   #29
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I've just uploaded Blessings v1.9.3beta, which you can find here.

Katana and Farook, I've made some changes to the text strings (added some new ones) in this version as well. Details are on the download page.

For discussion/bugs/etc. on the beta version, please head over to this thread.

Thanks!
-- Cirk
03-14-06, 07:24 AM   #30
katana
A Cyclonian

Great work !

I have downloaded it, and I'll update the strings asap depending on my (bloody) schedule.

Thanks again for your great work Cirk !
03-14-06, 09:44 AM   #31
BlackZam
A Murloc Raider
Can't you do so that you cast the blessings if you right-click the minimap button?

Thats the only thing I miss from this addon.
03-14-06, 07:59 PM   #32
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by BlackZam
Can't you do so that you cast the blessings if you right-click the minimap button?
And over on the beta thread:
Originally Posted by servantes
One suggestion: Is it possible to make the minimap button be the Cast Blessings button when you click on it, and right-click will show the options?
Something like this would definitely be doable if there is enough interest in it.

My question back to you guys (and to everyone) would be why would you want to use a button (i.e., the mouse) for casting your blessings rather than just bind a key and use that?

That said, let me know if you really do want me to add casting from the mini-map button (left or right click).

Thanks!
-- Cirk
03-15-06, 02:53 AM   #33
katana
A Cyclonian

Thumbs down

I'm personally against it... minimap buttons are usually not used for features but for parameters... see CT Mod and it's button, left for control panel, right for lock / unlock, etc.

If people are interested in having a button, I think that a decursive like interface would be nice : a floating window that shows the next blessing to be cast. A left click casts the blessing, and a right click skips that blessing.

What about that idea ?
03-15-06, 09:13 AM   #34
katana
A Cyclonian

Here is the updated french file for the beta.

Cheers ^^
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.fr.zip (3.5 KB, 562 views)
03-15-06, 03:38 PM   #35
katana
A Cyclonian

I've fixed 2 critical mistakes in the french translation, here's the updated version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.fr.zip (3.5 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by katana : 03-16-06 at 03:56 AM.
03-16-06, 11:47 PM   #36
Farook
A Molten Giant

@ Cirk

So, I'm back from my little journey to Italy...

Before I left, I took a quick look on the loc-file I did so far. I had no error messages or anything like that, seems I made no (terrible) mistakes up to now. There are just a few translations still too long, so that they don't fit into their provided space... I'll have to see if I can find better explanations... I'll do my best, but I can not promise.

Just saw your beta release and downloaded it. Tomorrow I'm going to take a closer look into into it, and I will add the translation for the new strings then. When done that I'll post the new file here, and than start testing it on Sunday and/or Monday in the next raids I'm participating.

So, you'll gonna here from me soon...
03-17-06, 11:10 PM   #37
Farook
A Molten Giant

So, here is the overworked german localization for the 1.9.3 betaversion.

As I already mentioned yesterday, I will start testing it this weekend, and then also try to figure out what translations are still to long, and than look for a better explanations. I hope I can find some... if not, I think I'll just let them the way they are, as it has no influence on the functionality of the program anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.de.zip (3.5 KB, 530 views)
03-18-06, 12:55 AM   #38
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks Katana and Farook, you guys are awesome!

I'll try and pull these files into a beta2 release soon for you guys (although a lot of my time right now got unexpected tied up in another project: Channelcast 1.9.2beta).

How are you all finding the new reminder sounds and flashing mini-map icon?

Oh, btw, in regards to having separate left-click or right-click actions on the mini-map icon, thats kind of a lower priority with me at the moment, mostly because you can already hot-key both casting and display of the Blessings interface, so adding a button-shortcut seems somewhat less important.

Anyway, I'm still listening!

-- Cirk
03-18-06, 09:52 PM   #39
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cirk
How are you all finding the new reminder sounds and flashing mini-map icon?
That's something I can tell you tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.... depending on which guild-raid(s) I can take part of (and therefore test the new version).
03-19-06, 03:33 PM   #40
katana
A Cyclonian

I haven't had time to test the sounds yet, been away for a while. If everything goes as planned (e.g. not sent to Paris or something for work ^^) I'll be testing it in MC on wednesday evening

BTW Cirk, your channelcast addon looks awesome, and your description owns ! Are you a programmer or just a gifted peon ?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Blessings