11-16-12, 02:17 PM   #1
C A I N
A Murloc Raider

Question Seeking Help with this Addon

All throughout Cata I used this addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gui-v3

*BUT* I only used the Player/Target/Group frames from it, the previous version (2.0) I was able to just cut out the frames and use them on their own. However with 3.0 I cannot do that for some reason. I wrote the author asking him to make a stand alone for the frames and he says he cant he is too busy.

That being said the player frames are simply an OUF template and I was wondering if anyone out there had the knowledge and capability (along with the willingness) to either show/tell me how to get his OUF template seperated from this addon, or make his frames stand alone for me.

I know its alot to ask, but if anyone is willing to help out here I would be eternally grateful.

VENNOM
11-16-12, 03:10 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can't you just delete the modules you don't want out of the modules subfolder? If you only want the unit frames, you'd probably want to delete everything except the core and unitframes modules, though you may also want/need to keep the devtools and font modules.
11-16-12, 05:59 PM   #3
C A I N
A Murloc Raider

I tried that but it doesnt work.

*btw I've used your chat mod for years its one of my must have ui mods, you rock*
11-16-12, 09:01 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can you elaborate on "doesn't work"? Are there error messages? If so, what are they? If not, do you have BugSack installed? If not, install BugSack and restart WoW to check for errors.
11-17-12, 03:23 AM   #5
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I"ve downloaded the addon, and only loaded up that one in my client in case of errors and such (cba to look up and download a buggrabber :P)

i've just tried it and i've deleted everything except

- core
- devtools
- font
- unitframes

from "...\gUI-v3\modules\"

and for me it works without any errors (see attached images)

now if you want to cut out specific unitframes from the addon itself, then it would come down to a lua thing.

A quick glance into core.lua in the "modules\core\" folder, makes me want to give the advise to change the "true" into "false" for the bulk of the loaded modules part .... (i'm no coder though and my knowledge of lua is basic at best so that would be something someone else could better look into)

gonna look into it deeper on my home computer though, see if i get errors while actually playing the game, my laptop is kinda crappy and tbh i like the looks of the unitframes :P As said before, its quite possible a lot of the lua code has to be disabled

edit: changed some of the values for the autodisable/addon loaded parts of the core.lua to false, then enabled elvui and tbag and killed a few mobs in townlong steppes, no errors yet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_111712_101348.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	7383  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_111712_101732.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	7384  

Last edited by contramundi : 11-17-12 at 03:51 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Seeking Help with this Addon