05-17-13, 10:37 AM   #1541
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Milinthrak View Post
Hello there-I'm having an issue after doing an update of realui where my minimap, character, target, target of target and focus windows all have duplicate text on them.

Here is a pic of what it looks like. The names are doubled, one being larger and one smaller on all of the character tabs and the minimap coords and mouseover option tabs are doubled as well.

Edit: don't mind my camping trip planning in the chat window. :P

Updating to a new major version without fully deleting the Interface folder first will usually result in this

Delete your Interface folder and install again

05-17-13, 10:59 AM   #1542
Milinthrak
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Updating to a new major version without fully deleting the Interface folder first will usually result in this

Delete your Interface folder and install again
Okay will do.

Will update if it helps.

05-17-13, 11:17 AM   #1543
Milinthrak
A Defias Bandit
Also, I keep trying to move my bars and grid and when I reload ui they move back to where they were previously. Any idea how to keep this from happening?

05-17-13, 11:22 AM   #1544
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Milinthrak View Post
Also, I keep trying to move my bars and grid and when I reload ui they move back to where they were previously. Any idea how to keep this from happening?
Hmm, thought I added a Notification for this. Anywho, Game Menu (bottom left button), AddOn Control, untick Pos on Bartender and Grid

05-17-13, 09:29 PM   #1545
Necropo
A Kobold Labourer
Dumb and can't figure this out

I love your UI but when I play my UH DK I can't see my pet's health (bar). I have searched everywhere and can't figure out how to see and move this. My apologies for being a dumbass.

05-17-13, 09:32 PM   #1546
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Necropo View Post
I love your UI but when I play my UH DK I can't see my pet's health (bar). I have searched everywhere and can't figure out how to see and move this. My apologies for being a dumbass.
If there's a pet frame above the action bars, the health bar will appear as your pet loses health.

05-18-13, 01:50 AM   #1547
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks for the update, Nib!

05-18-13, 09:41 AM   #1548
Daagar
An Aku'mai Servant
Indeed, nice update. Thank you!

05-18-13, 04:04 PM   #1549
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

In that lucid state between sleep and awake, I had a dream. Work begins on RealUI 8.

05-18-13, 04:54 PM   #1550
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
In that lucid state between sleep and awake, I had a dream. Work begins on RealUI 8.
Woo! >.< Any estimate on when it may be done? What are you thinking on changing?!

05-18-13, 05:26 PM   #1551
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Woo! >.< Any estimate on when it may be done? What are you thinking on changing?!
No estimate. Lots of new ideas so could be a month or two, who knows.

As for what I'm changing. Well, again, quite a lot. The current HuD design is a little too inefficient for my tastes, so gonna work on improving that a lot.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 05-18-13 at 06:48 PM.

05-18-13, 07:06 PM   #1552
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
No estimate. Lots of new ideas so could be a month or two, who knows.

As for what I'm changing. Well, again, quite a lot. The current HuD design is a little too inefficient for my tastes, so gonna work on improving that a lot.
Awesome nib! Cant wait. So just a quick few things.

http://i.imgur.com/3WBCxee.jpg

Now besides that messed up energy bar that I mentioned long ago about it not being correct and making that particular fight virtually impossible to tank, the DBM bars and raid warnings are really honestly, just in a bad place in my opinion. Everything is so clumped up and the raid warnings normally go right through the DBM bars. Not to mention that the DBM bars are almost always directly over the nameplates of the mobs. I really just think its super cluttered. There doesn't seem to be a cap either. Like how many bars there can be displayed at once. Depending on the fight, you can have 15 timers up and it basically takes up the entire upper part of your screen, completely blocking any nameplates and tons of raid warnings overlapping the bars themselves. Not to mention if you accidentally click a bar while trying to target something, it completely erases that timer, until that timer repeats itself again. Now the Multiple boss frame thing that comes with DBM still pops up even with the option to hide it enabled, at least for me anyways. Would love if someone could confirm that DBM is doing this for them as well. So that just randomly pops up depending on the fight giving you 2 boss frames (DBM's and Realui's) Just some thoughts, I definitely liked the old way the bars used to be organized with the older bossmod you had used and how it was displayed. But hey, just my opinion!

http://i.imgur.com/j6gMTVY.jpg

Now you may not really notice anything in that picture. Just look at the very top of the screen near the middle. You can see what I mean by the coin loot frame, as well as achievements going almost directly off the screen at points (if not going completely off the screen most of the time) You can only see the bottom part of the loot frame there. I basically missed out on a coin roll because there's no way I could roll for it. This has been happening for a long time. Reloading the UI just makes the loot frame disappear. Anyways Nib, sorry for the long explanations.

Thanks, Gloks

Last edited by Gloks : 05-18-13 at 07:19 PM.

05-18-13, 07:16 PM   #1553
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

For the coin roll, make sure you're not using any addons like xLoot, as they reposition those frames.

For boss timers, I kind of had to position those so they'd fit on really low-res screens. Type "/dbm move" to position them to more convenient locations. If DXE is still being maintained, I'll prob include it in RealUI 8.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 05-18-13 at 07:19 PM.

05-18-13, 07:48 PM   #1554
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
For the coin roll, make sure you're not using any addons like xLoot, as they reposition those frames.

For boss timers, I kind of had to position those so they'd fit on really low-res screens. Type "/dbm move" to position them to more convenient locations. If DXE is still being maintained, I'll prob include it in RealUI 8.
Would love that. As I mentioned before it was updated for 5.2 and I really hope that they update it for 5.3 this week. Bigwigs as well in my opinion is much better then DBM. I'm not using any loot addons of any kind. Still don't know whats wrong :/

05-18-13, 07:53 PM   #1555
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Would love that. As I mentioned before it was updated for 5.2 and I really hope that they update it for 5.3 this week. Bigwigs as well in my opinion is much better then DBM. I'm not using any loot addons of any kind. Still don't know whats wrong :/
Make this into a macro and run it next time you get the chance to roll. See what happens

Code:
/run BonusRollFrame:ClearAllPoints(); BonusRollFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, 0)

05-18-13, 09:13 PM   #1556
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Make this into a macro and run it next time you get the chance to roll. See what happens

Code:
/run BonusRollFrame:ClearAllPoints(); BonusRollFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, 0)
It moves straight to the center of the screen. The next boss I killed though, it reset to whatever position it wanted to go to. I clicked the macro again and it fixed it once more.

Last edited by Gloks : 05-18-13 at 09:30 PM.

05-18-13, 10:41 PM   #1557
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Nib! Started back on your UI.. You know everyone needs change! Plus I got the Girlfriend to use it now too! Anyways! Do you plan to move away from Grid?.. Now I am only asking this because you could do so much more with

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Freebgrid.html

Now why do I suggest and always bug you with such small things? You should already know that answer! I think you would be able to do so much more with that than anything and plus you can make it match your UI so much more.. Just something to consider my friend. Please do keep up the good work!

Kkthnx_

Last edited by Kkthnx : 05-19-13 at 12:40 AM.

05-18-13, 10:52 PM   #1558
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Nib! Started back on your UI.. You know everyone needs change! Plus I got the Girlfriend to use it now too! Anyways! Do you play to move away from Grid?.. Now I am only asking this because you could do so much more with

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Freebgrid.html

Now why do I suggest and always bug you with such small things? You should already know that answer! I think you would be able to do so much more with that than anything and plus you can make it match your UI so much more.. Just something to consider my friend. Please do keep up the good work!

Kkthnx_
Hey Kk,

I've actually started work on using Grid2. It doesn't quite have all the options I want, but I'm writing a skinning module for it to add any missing features I want (transparent bars, reverse fill bars, etc). I've always tended to not use an oUF based grid because I like the ease of configuration that Grid# offers for users of the UI.

Unfortunately there won't be too many more feature updates to RealUI 7 atm as I'm now focused on RealUI 8.

05-18-13, 10:53 PM   #1559
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hey Kk,

I've actually started work on using Grid2. It doesn't quite have all the options I want, but I'm writing a skinning module for it to add any missing features I want (transparent bars, reverse fill bars, etc). I've always tended to not use an oUF based grid because I like the ease of configuration that Grid# offers for users of the UI.

Unfortunately there won't be too many more feature updates to RealUI 7 atm as I'm now focused on RealUI 8.
RealUI 8... You have said enough.

05-19-13, 12:45 AM   #1560
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

...RealUI 8...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI