09-07-12, 11:14 PM   #1
Phaedre
A Murloc Raider
Reposted from Google: Just now getting to try out Ion with 5.0.4 -- Various Issues

THANK YOU, MAUL! I so appreciate the work you and the alpha/beta testers have been doing. I apologize that I'm so late to the game, but I didn't get to do beta for MoP.

I've attached a PDF file with explanation of the issues and screenshots, but here's a quick recap:
  • Initial setup / configuration did not save in a manner recognized by Ion when I logged back in. I looked at the Saved Variable .lua files and could find the information about the bars and buttons
  • Deleting a bar and then creating another bar (defaults the name to the deleted bar) may display a "ghost" bar that is not selectable.
  • Increasing button count for a bar doesn't work via command line /ion add (for me, at least)
  • Adjusting button count via UI doesn't allow text entry of number
  • Adjusting button count via UI of a bar with more than 12 buttons already assigned doesn't work. It either stops at 12, gets confused and shows 0, or will go negative.
  • Unable to change the current state of a bar in config mode via UI (left click). I see no command line syntax to support changing current state.
  • Activating "Button Edit" mode only displays "Edit" and not the button type.
  • Cannot change the button type via UI nor command line (can't find a command for changing it).
  • Due to issues listed above, not sure if Pet and Vehicle/Possess bars are correctly configured.
  • FPS rate is extremely low (and, YES, I tested with the only change being Ion and then Ion and Data_Store).

I apologize if any of this has already been reported. I didn't mention the totem flyout button issue because I saw it was already reported. I fully understand that this is a work in progress (I'm a programmer by trade). I'm providing this info so that Maul will have as much information as he needs as he continues to work on this project.

Sincerely,

Ret Johnson
aka Draephae / Phaedre
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Various issues with Ion v Hydrogen 2.pdf (847.4 KB, 1094 views)
File Type: zip AccSavedVariables.zip (6.4 KB, 821 views)
File Type: zip CharDraephaeSavedVariables.zip (7.4 KB, 771 views)
File Type: zip CharMaildropSavedVariables.zip (3.7 KB, 766 views)
09-08-12, 11:14 PM   #2
Phaedre
A Murloc Raider
Maul,

Would you let me know which of the items I've listed that you want me to create Bug reports for? Also, when I looked at creating a Bug report, I didn't see any way of attaching a file -- like a screenshot, copy of .lua files, etc.

Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Reposted from Google: Just now getting to try out Ion with 5.0.4 -- Various Issues