07-20-15, 05:59 AM   #1
Dakaasin
A Murloc Raider
Combo Points

So the new version seems to have completely FUBAR'd the combo points manager. I've uninstalled WoW entirely, deleted all addons and settings (interface and wtf folders completely removed), and had ONLY RealUI installed. The issue is 3 fold (the images are also URLs, just in case):

That's 5 CP showing for Anticipation, even though there are no stacks. Here's a link to show that the tracker is indeed functioning properly: http://pasteboard.co/269FooDZ.png

The issue doesn't stop there. When out of combat, especially in Combat Spec, the CP won't update properly at all until I target something close enough to me. I can't tell you the number of times I've been in PvP, wanted a quick 1 or 2 point SnD, only to have none even though the UI shows 5.

The last issue is with the coloration of the combo points themselves. It gets very confusing, especially when you already stopped trusting it to update properly. Anticipation CP are dark, except the last stack as long as it's got a white stack of actual CP behind it. That already throws me for a loop, but here are 2 screenshots to show what I mean:

Full stacks.

T17 anomoly where you can have more Anticipation than you have actual CP.

This last issue is a minor annoyance, really only decreasing my DpS by a very small margin, but the first 2 are actually pretty important (especially in PvP). Please help!
07-21-15, 12:50 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
For the first issue, in my tests, the UI has been updating properly when Anticipation expires as well as when a finisher is used.

For the second issue, again my tests have seen the UI update properly as combo points decay out-of-combat.

For these two issues: 1) How do they occur? Can you provide steps that will consistently reproduce the issue? and 2) Keep in mind that I don't have a rogue on live servers. As such my ability to test these is limited to lvl 90 premades on the PTR.

07-21-15, 02:38 PM   #3
Dakaasin
A Murloc Raider
I can reproduce it pretty much 100% of the time. Target dummy (or any other combat), build up CP, leave combat. After a few seconds I notice the CP hasn't moved, I go to use slice and dice, nothing happens. I re-target the dummy from 40+ yards away, no change, but within 10 it shows nothing (which by then it should).

Works with normal CP, Anticipation stacks, and any combination of the 2. Who knows, perhaps something on the PTR fixed w/e is causing this issue? I did try another addon to replace the CP bar and the other addon is working fine, though.

EDIT: May be worth noting that out of combat, if I hit Burst of Speed, the ancitipation stacks from previous combat show up again after targeting the dummy to clear it. So the steps repeated being combat, build CP, leave combat, re-target dummy to clear CP, untarget again, hit burst of speed, and the anticipation/cp stacks come right back up again. Can reproduce this effect almost 100% of the time as well, even repeatedly in quick succession.

Last edited by Dakaasin : 07-21-15 at 02:41 PM. Reason: More Info
08-18-15, 05:13 PM   #4
iamslay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

bump

unsure if this is relevant, but i've only seen this problem with combat spec. i've taken the anticipation talent in both of my specs and assassination hasn't had this problem. using t17 here as well.
08-21-15, 06:02 PM   #5
Suriburr
A Fallenroot Satyr
I can confirm this issue also occurs for monks. It's not consistent, but it usually seems to occur at 5 combo points. If I spend 4 of those combo points on a chi explosion, it will infrequently show I still have 5.
09-02-15, 01:26 AM   #6
zmora
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
this has been happening to my assa rogue + real ui since wod came out (all three points).

its actually a reason why i stopped using anticipation.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Combo Points