05-03-13, 02:50 AM   #1
Mr.Dio
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up Mod for Blizzard Combat Text

Hello! A realistic to make an addon that would modified the standard combat text so that would be close to the numbers above the heads of enemies show icon skills who have suffered this damage?
I made ​​a sketch in Paint: http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20130427/GqIGRoc1.jpg
Sorry for my English, I use Google translate
05-03-13, 03:30 AM   #2
10leej
A Molten Giant

We can change the font, but that's about it if you want to keep it on the target itself. Unless Blizzard freed that up since I last looked into it.

You can however use a combat text addon like "Mik's Scrolling Combat Text" or "Parrot" and those will do fine.
05-03-13, 03:39 AM   #3
Clamsoda
A Frostmaul Preserver
I think what the OP wants is dedicated scrolling combat text above each nameplate, to describe what you have done to THAT person/mob. The only reason I say nameplate is because that's the only thing reliable to anchor to.

Let us say you are attacking three mobs: there would be three sets of "scrolling combat text", each anchored to their respective name plate, describing what you did to that specific mob.

As far as I am concerned, such a thing should be possible. You can anchor stuff to nameplates, and you can associate nameplates with unit GUIDs. You'd have to write some sort of faux scrolling combat text frame to display the respective GUID's incoming events.

Last edited by Clamsoda : 05-03-13 at 03:44 AM.
05-05-13, 06:46 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I know that Grayhoofs SCT - Damage allows you to position damage text above units, but you need nameplates on, and it doesn't have support for icons.
05-05-13, 09:12 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Also to clarify for the OP, it isn't possible to modify the game's built-in Floating Combat Text, because it's rendered as part of the 3D game world. To change anything other than the font file, you have to replace it completely with an addon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod for Blizzard Combat Text