05-05-09, 10:31 AM   #1
jundo
A Murloc Raider
Question GUI Choices?

I've been a long time lover of Xperl Unit Frames, it has a full boat of features that I really love, and it works for any of my toons with only minimal adjustments.

It still has a lot of clutter and doesn't fully integrate a lot of my other addons. Can anyone recommend an alternate UI mod that has at least most of the features I can find in Xperl, with a much better(less screen clutter) graphical layout?

I really like the healer stuff, and the raid window coverages, as well as the ability to scale target, player, party, and raid windows. Also I still use Fubar, and refuse to remove it.

My standard addon pack includes a majority of the popular stuff, Omen, Recount, Pally Power, Carbonite, Outfitter, etc.

I like the looks of a lot of the mods I've been looking at, nUI looks good, but I don't know how it compares to Xperl. I don't really want to waste time trying out the various UI packages just to see how they work. There's a huge number to choose from, so it'd be time consuming to find one I can really enjoy.

Also I'm still an old school button clicker and don't rely on the number pads that much when I play so having a more integrated hotkey design isn't as important to me.

Last edited by jundo : 05-05-09 at 10:34 AM.
05-05-09, 10:47 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
have a look at ag_UF or Pitbull.
05-05-09, 10:51 AM   #3
nostress
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
StUF is also a great choice.
05-05-09, 01:32 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I went from using X Perl to nUI+ and am loving it. I also use Skada (damage/threat/etc meter), Carbonite, and way too many others. It also works excellent with Fubar, Titan and any of the LDB displays.

I would recommend renaming your WTF and Interface folders to WTFOLD and InterfaceOld then loading up nUI and all the toys to take a look. That way if it doesnt suit you you can delete the wtf and Interface folders and go back and rename the old ones to their proper names. You wont lose any settings that way

Last edited by Vis : 05-05-09 at 01:35 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » GUI Choices?