07-23-11, 07:53 PM   #1
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Requesting New Marcos for increasing FPS in cataclysm

I know back in WOTLK there were these three macros that you would execute in order to lower the game's settings lower than the interface would allow. They can be found on many forums and websites. An example would be here.

Now that Cataclysm has been out for a while now, and that the interface settings have changed a bit, these macros don't seem to work as well (or at all) anymore. Are there any new macro commands that can be used to lower the game's quality with the new interface?

One of the FPS via macros guides mentioned using Gamebooster, which allowed me to play WoW with 20-40fps on an old vaio (Intel celeron 500mhz, integrated graphics with 2gb ram) on WoW 3.3.5a.
07-23-11, 10:42 PM   #2
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think there is another way - to edit the config file itself. So theoretically, you would be able to edit the config.wtf file, and edit the values to their lowest value?

What about any hidden features/values?
07-24-11, 03:47 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Doesn't the TweakWow addon work anymore? I've been using it forever it seems... no lua errors, but then again I have no clue if it's still working.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Requesting New Marcos for increasing FPS in cataclysm