10-20-05, 09:05 AM   #1
Asmati
A Murloc Raider
List of planned features

Is there a list of features that are planned to be added? I was thinking this might help answer some questions up front. Also a FAQ on different questions might be good to. Not really a full blown tutorial, but just some quick answers for people who already know how to write addons and are trying to figure out how to map what they know to this tool.

Here's a couple examples of things I'm trying to figure out right now.

Can you set Backdrops? If so, how? If not, is this functionality planned?

Can you set textures? If so, how? If not, is this functionality planned?

Let's say I wanted to recreated the quest log. Is that possible right now using the UI designer? If not, is there a way to edit the XML and not break the designer at this point.

Thanks..
10-20-05, 05:31 PM   #2
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Currently to alter the Backdrops or textures you would have to set up your whole frame and then edit the texture files in notepad (or other XML/LUA editor)

Alternativly you can create your own skins(and its not really very dificult) that have whatever textures you want
(http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2018 has a good example on how to create a skin)
10-20-05, 06:32 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Go to Help | Release Notes and there is a fairly comprehensive list of future stuff written down there. I do plan on adding more components to the default skin and adding more properties to them. I guess I was hoping that someone more advanced at UI work would take up the skin idea and start working on new ones to improve the situation, but I guess its up to me~
10-21-05, 07:33 AM   #4
Asmati
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nulkris
I guess I was hoping that someone more advanced at UI work would take up the skin idea and start working on new ones to improve the situation, but I guess its up to me~
If I get some time to dive into this stuff, I might be able to help. No guarantee though.
10-21-05, 12:27 PM   #5
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nulkris
Go to Help | Release Notes and there is a fairly comprehensive list of future stuff written down there. I do plan on adding more components to the default skin and adding more properties to them. I guess I was hoping that someone more advanced at UI work would take up the skin idea and start working on new ones to improve the situation, but I guess its up to me~
Ive been messing with it a bit...But ive only got like 3 custom skins :/ :P

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » List of planned features