08-19-09, 06:26 PM   #121
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Patch

Macaroon is DOWN since the patch today. Operating under "enable old addons." Still having trouble with the pet/possess bar. Thanks

08-19-09, 11:07 PM   #122
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
99% of addons do not need an update on patch day. It's a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth to post an "update" that does nothing but change a number to tell WoW that the addon was "updated" since the last patch. I still have several addons that haven't been updated since the Burning Crusade came out at the beginning of 2007, that work without error. Macaroon has been "outdated" as far as WoW is concerned since the 3.2 patch came out; that's nothing new today. The "Enable out of date addons" option exists for a reason. Use it.

What problems are you having with pet/possess bars?

08-21-09, 11:39 AM   #123
Vargulmer
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by durridt View Post
When I mouse over the spells link on the main menu with my rogue. The following error pops up.
Message: Interface\AddOns\MacaroonXtras\MacaroonXtras.lua:833: attempt to call global 'PlayerHasSpells' (a nil value)
Time: 08/14/09 21:06:05
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: in function `PlayerHasSpells'
Interface\AddOns\MacaroonXtras\MacaroonXtras.lua:833: in function `SpellbookButton_OnEnter'
[string "*:OnEnter"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Locals: self = MacaroonSpellbookButton {
normaltexture = MacaroonSpellbookButtonNormalTexture {
}
0 = <userdata>
icontexture = <unnamed> {
}
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'PlayerHasSpells' (a nil value)"
Am I doing something wrong; or is this an issue you need to see?

Durridt
This is caused because the API playerhasspell () No longer functions.
Also, it appears that Blizzard has removed the AbilityBook command, calling it a spellbook also.

It is unclear whether this was intentional or if Blizzard just overlooked something.

I have made an ugly hack/fix for the solution. For those of you that have LUA editors....

Open MacaroonXtras.lua and scroll down to line 833 it should look like this...
Code:
831   function Macaroon.SpellbookButton_OnEnter(self)
833       if playerhasspell() then					
834		self.tooltipText = MicroButtonTooltipText(SPELLBOOK_ABILITIES_BUTTON, "TOGGLESPELLBOOK")
835       else
836		self.tooltipText = MicroButtonTooltipText(ABILITYBOOK_BUTTON, "TOGGLEABILITYBOOK")
837	    end
839	    GameTooltip_AddNewbieTip(self, self.tooltipText, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, NEWBIE_TOOLTIP_SPELLBOOK)
840   end
DO NOT DELETE LINE 834!

DELETE Line 833, 835,836, and 837

Would I be able to release a fan quickfix of the LUA file until Maul is able to fix it correctly? Cause I have it right here ready to go. Just didn't want to step on anyone's toes or anything.

Last edited by Vargulmer : 08-21-09 at 11:50 AM.

08-22-09, 11:30 PM   #124
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pet/possess bar

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
... The "Enable out of date addons" option exists for a reason. Use it.

What problems are you having with pet/possess bars?
I am obviously using "it." However the 5-6 error messages per hour are annoying and the 1-2 game crashes per hour (Blizz blames Macaroon) don't help either.

The pet/possess issue:
As stated previously, when mounting turret guns, drakes, etc., the pet/possess bar doesn't show up until a four step process. 1) left click the Macaroon mini-map menu button, 2) left click the pet/possess bar (I've tried pet, posses and both pet & possess). 3) left click the pet/possess bar a second time (the abilities now appear), 4) left click the Macaroon mini-map menu button to return to selectable abilities.

Out of combat, this four step process is annoying. In combat, steps one and four will not function, usually ending in death.

08-24-09, 03:28 AM   #125
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by notarichman View Post
I am obviously using "it." However the 5-6 error messages per hour are annoying and the 1-2 game crashes per hour (Blizz blames Macaroon) don't help either.
Well, nobody can help you if you don't post the error messages. Also, addons are (theoretically) not able to crash the WoW client. If you're experiencing client crashes, it's a bug with Blizzard's code, and you should report the details on the Blizzard forums to make sure they're aware of the specific circumstances which cause it.

As for the possession problems, I've never experienced that on any of the six characters I use Macaroon on. How are you defining a possession bar? Are you using one of the predefined state checkboxes, or defining states yourself using macro conditionals (the "Cusom" state checkbox)? If the former, try the latter.

08-24-09, 03:11 PM   #126
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Also, addons are (theoretically) not able to crash the WoW client. If you're experiencing client crashes, it's a bug with Blizzard's code, and you should report the details on the Blizzard forums to make sure they're aware of the specific circumstances which cause it.
Despite what Blizzard claims addon's can most certainly crash the client. I've done it with my own code, I've had Carbonite do it.

08-25-09, 12:06 AM   #127
Phanx
Cat.

Hence the "theoretically", and hence my suggestion that you should post the details on the Blizzard forums, as Blizzard is very interested in fixing any such problem.

08-27-09, 08:02 PM   #128
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

WoW can be crashed by addons. This is a fact. One way to do so is to use to many addons and overload your ram. wow will crash either on load or at some point during the game.

Create some sort of loop that makes mass info or makes some sort of call and fires over and over, somewhere in your code and it will overload. other wise known as a memory leak. often caused by errors in code.

as far as making a line of code that will crash the game itself i dont think so. although i do know some errors in code or combination's of addons will bump you from the server as soon as they start to load.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

08-27-09, 11:10 PM   #129
Phanx
Cat.

Yes, we've got that. We all know addons can crash WoW. You're all missing the point -- Blizzard emphatically does not want this to be possible, and is very interested in any and all reports of it happening so that they can fix it. If you can reliably reproduce crashing the client with Macaroon, report it on the Blizzard forums. Also note that "disconnected from server" is not a crash.

08-28-09, 03:13 AM   #130
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've got all the Macaroon mods enabled - for some reason, every once in a while my profiles will get deleted. I have no idea what's causing it. It is VERY annoying though, since they require a lot of customization and I always forget something critical until it's too late (possess bar on Instructor...).

Can anyone help?

08-28-09, 03:51 PM   #131
Drrum
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Vargulmer View Post
I have made an ugly hack/fix for the solution. For those of you that have LUA editors....
Thank you for the fix, Vargulmer. Worked like a charm.

08-31-09, 01:54 AM   #132
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is now happening every time I switch specs, respec, log out, or get booted from the game. I have no idea why. I'm saving it constantly. I really don't want to keep having to backup and restore my WTF folder, but I can't think of any other way to keep my settings from hour to hour, other than just breaking down and switching to Bartender T.T I've used Macaroon since it was Trinity - if anyone has any ideas, please help.

Offering cookies?

09-02-09, 06:17 AM   #133
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bind edit - SHIFT+1=End key

Hey there

First of all THX!!! Thx for a really great and amazing, professional and super extreme welldone addon. The best out there in this category IMO

Next, to my problem.

For some of my button keybindings, i want to use the num keyboard. I don't know the exact term in english for this part on the keyboard. It's the area to the right of all the keyboard buttons - from A-Z -, where there is figures from 1-9, a Num Lock button, an Enter key etc.)[/i]

It works like a charm when i bind the keys alone, with eg. CTRL+key, ALT+key. But when i bind with the combination of SHIFT and a key, something isn't quite right.

If, for example, i set the key "1" (on the Num Keyboard) with the binding SHIFT, the text on the button turns out to be "END" and not "sn1"* as i would expect it to. And do i set the key binding on the key "5" - well, that just can't be done. No binding is recorded when i push the button.

It's of no importance, that the buttontext is "END" or "PageDown" etc. But the problem is, that keybindings already relating to the keys "Insert", "Home", "PageUp" etc. is overwritet.

Can anyone (understand what the heck i mean in the first place ) and perhaps know how to solve this issue?

I believe it's some kind of keyboard issue - because it has worked before on an alt.

Kind regards
Ciffor

*sn1 = SHIFT NUMKEY + 1

Last edited by ciffor : 09-02-09 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Added footnote

09-03-09, 02:01 AM   #134
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by ciffor View Post
If, for example, i set the key "1" (on the Num Keyboard) with the binding SHIFT, the text on the button turns out to be "END" and not "sn1"* as i would expect it to. And do i set the key binding on the key "5" - well, that just can't be done. No binding is recorded when i push the button.
That's because when you press the Shift key, the "1" key on your numpad is the "End" key. Likewise, 7 becomes Home, 8 becomes Up, 0 becomes Insert, and 5 becomes nothing. It's not a Macaroon problem, or a WoW problem, or even a problem at all; it's simply how keyboards work. You'll see the same behavior in any application.

09-03-09, 02:03 AM   #135
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by faile486 View Post
This is now happening every time I switch specs, respec, log out, or get booted from the game. I have no idea why. I'm saving it constantly. I really don't want to keep having to backup and restore my WTF folder, but I can't think of any other way to keep my settings from hour to hour, other than just breaking down and switching to Bartender T.T I've used Macaroon since it was Trinity - if anyone has any ideas, please help.
Do the settings for any of your other addons disappear? Are you running Windows Vista? Have you tried completely removing Macaroon and its saved variables files (all of them) and reinstalling the addon from a fresh download?

09-03-09, 08:52 AM   #136
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks both, for your replies.

I could have sworn, that i had that keybinding on an alt for some time ago.

But okey, now my life can carry on :-)

09-03-09, 11:58 AM   #137
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No, the settings for all of my other addons remain. I hate Vista, and would never allow it near any of my computers willingly >.> I haven't - if it happens again, I will. Thankfully this last arrangement seems to have 'stuck'. I haven't DC'd recently though, so we'll see.

09-04-09, 07:20 PM   #138
Axiem
A Kobold Labourer
I'm coming back to WoW since the vanilla days, and I was an avid user of Discord's Group Buttons at the time--and as far as I can tell, this is the only thing close to it that still exists.

However, DGB was hitting the upper level of complexity for me, and now when I look at the settings for this, I'm even more confused, and the FAQs are looking to do things far more complicated than I want.

Is there an easy way to create a bar that attaches to party frames, and gets replicated across each party member? Do I have to create a separate bar for each, and try and get it all lined up myself? Can it automatically pick the right party member?

All I'm wanting to do is get some buttons next to my party members so I can easily heal/buff them...

09-04-09, 08:46 PM   #139
numein
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Axiem View Post
All I'm wanting to do is get some buttons next to my party members so I can easily heal/buff them...
Can't really make a bar that would target a party member, and can't "clone" a bar for all party members, as far as I remember (don't play WoW lately, and didn't use macaroon for some time now).

You could make separate bars for each target (i.e. party member), add as many buttons as u want to each bar, and then on each of the buttons make macros that would cast specific spells on specific targets.

For example, to create a bar for party member 1:
  • click on macaroon minimap button to enter config mode
  • right click on minimap button, and choose create bar
  • right click on the new bar, click on add buttons (or something like that) in the popup menu
  • then click on the bar to create a button (1 click / button)
  • drag the bar to where u want it
  • then by alt-clicking the minimap button enter button config (buttons should be in macro mode by default; can change it by clicking on the buttons)
  • right click a button to get the macro edit menu, and write a macro (e.g. /cast [target=party1] SpellName); repeat for all buttons

09-05-09, 02:38 AM   #140
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh no :( Macaroon doesn't remember the settings

Once again, i have to adress you folks, to see if you can cast some light over my problem.

Over the past few days, i have arranged Macaroon with several bars, keybindings, macros etc. It went well for a day, but when i logged in this morning, my screen was one big mess, with all my bars all over the screen and skills in bars where they don't belong

Then i rearranged it all once again, logged of - just to log in to the same mess.

What's going on - why doesn't Macaroon remember my settings - and most importantly - how can I make it do so?

NB. There is no problem with my main and Macaroon, which is also set up with multiple bars.

Kind regards,
Ciffor

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread