01-10-11, 11:25 PM   #1
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Strange Issue w/CTRL keybinds

This issue may actually relate to an addon problem... so I apologize if this thread doesn't belong here.

Anyway, up until today I've been able to use CTRL-M as my toggle for the world map pane. But for some ridiculuous reason, it stopped functioning today. All of my other CTRL-type keybinds work just fine... which led me to believe that it could have been one of my addons. Unfortunately, even after disabling all addons, the problem still existed. The only thing different that i did today, was remote access into my work computer since I had to work from home. And since my dept uses Windows Live Messenger, I downloaded the Windows Live Essentials 2011 pack I think. Afterwards, in-between work and farming (I know, I know ) I could no longer use CTRL-M to toggle my world map pane. I tried everything I could think of; disabled all addons and logged in, no go; conducted a windows update and installed a couple of 'em; but still it was not working. I looked at all of my keybinds as well, and CTRL-M isn't assigned to anything else. No other mods utilize that function as far as I know (besides, disabling everything didn't even work).

I then tested this on my fiance's comp and everything worked fine. There were also a few occasions where I was actually able to use that keybind when first logging in - then after 5 or so minutes, it stopped working. I'm out of ideas... and would like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue? I've since uninstalled Windows Live Essentials and suspect the culprit could be the "Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections." However, I'm not an advanced tech to know these things and would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just FYI - my OS is 32-bit Win7 Home Premium

Last edited by Cerranos : 01-10-11 at 11:28 PM.
01-11-11, 12:25 AM   #2
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

So far as I can tell at this point... my CTRL-M function will operate correctly when first logging into the game. When I ALT/TAB out, however, coming back into the game will disable CTRL-M for some strange reason. The other keybinds I have utilizing the CTRL key, works absolutely fine; CTRL-F for my Flare, CTRL-D for Deterrence, CTRL-; for ground mount, etc.

Everything works except for CTRL-M. This is getting stupid. Any ideas on what is causing this?

01-11-11, 03:25 AM   #3
moggan
A Murloc Raider
I have a somewhat similar issue: when I swap out or minimize WoW my mouse button #4 (and sometimes also #3) stop working....UNLESS I hold Ctrl down(!!). It works just fine until I swap out but once I have it stops working until I restart WoW.

I have no idea what's causing it, but it sure is annoying :/

I run OS X 10.6.6.
01-11-11, 07:37 AM   #4
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by moggan View Post
I have a somewhat similar issue: when I swap out or minimize WoW my mouse button #4 (and sometimes also #3) stop working....UNLESS I hold Ctrl down(!!). It works just fine until I swap out but once I have it stops working until I restart WoW.

I have no idea what's causing it, but it sure is annoying :/

I run OS X 10.6.6.
It sure is annoying!

I'll see if I can't report it to Bliz. Thanks!
01-13-11, 01:15 AM   #5
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

I finally figured it out... it was the Bing Bar. I must've inadvertently downloaded and installed it the day I worked from home and grabbed the Windows Live Essentials 2011 pack.

Went thru a process of elimination - uninstalling all Win Live programs with a date of 1/10/11 or something like that; and voila - my keybind now works regardless if I'm tabbing out.

Such a pain. Thanks, Windows. t('.'t )

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Strange Issue w/CTRL keybinds