04-25-12, 05:21 PM   #1
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wow downloading 16gig

Today i was playin logged off for bit came back on launch the game and it wants to download 16gig.
Anyone else have had this problem, I'm sitting here reading replying to posts lol its going to take all day to download. Did repairs so on but still refuses too play so fed up with bliz lately i want to chuck it it.

Last edited by meggsy : 04-25-12 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling
04-25-12, 05:43 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you in the MoP beta? I just opened that launcher and there is an update for that. It's only a bit over 500 MB, though.

I played regular WoW earlier today and didn't get an update, so I have absolutely no idea why it could be downloading 16 GB. You might try asking on the official WoW forums.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
04-25-12, 06:53 PM   #3
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
16-17gb was the size of the first DL for MOP beta.
04-25-12, 07:55 PM   #4
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
16-17gb was the size of the first DL for MOP beta.

No i don't have the mop on my mac have it one windows comp.
Bliz tech is emailing back and forth just told me to delete the latest update in data and eng us plus updates
then delete launcher run repair then launch again only to my misery thats stuffed wow up now i can't start it or use repair after deleting said files lol Imao hits head on brick wall hands in air i give up

Last edited by meggsy : 04-25-12 at 07:57 PM.
04-25-12, 11:32 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you're going to have to reinstall WoW. The good thing about that, though, is that you don't have to start with "vanilla" WoW and patch forever anymore. You can just start with Cataclysm (either from the disc or a digital download from your account page on the Battle.net site) and then patch it up to 4.3.4, which doesn't take nearly as long.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
04-28-12, 02:01 PM   #6
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Looks like you're going to have to reinstall WoW. The good thing about that, though, is that you don't have to start with "vanilla" WoW and patch forever anymore. You can just start with Cataclysm (either from the disc or a digital download from your account page on the Battle.net site) and then patch it up to 4.3.4, which doesn't take nearly as long.

Thanks for the sympathy hehe
But quote don't take that long?
Bliz updater you sure?
I had to get the digital copy as I'm on a mac.
Took 10 hours first part/
Then 5 hours second part at about 200kbs sometimes higher i hope not many people have to go through
all that cause bliz knows its a well known bugg in its system but won't fix it

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » wow downloading 16gig