06-08-07, 04:51 AM   #1
Lonelock
A Murloc Raider
What to do

Hi all.

Im new to these mods etc so im really stuck here. Last night i transfered my character to another server and joined a new guild.

I have started to get spammed in chat when i log into the game

It just keeps on saying "You are not in a guild" over and over again

Also, when i click guild i can t see any members online, its just blank. I can type /g to talk in guild chat but when i do nothing happens..

I have not been kicked from the guild and was wondering what could be doing this?
Any help is appreciated..
06-08-07, 06:28 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you have any guild mods installed? If so disable and see if you get the error message. If the error message do not show up after disabling those mods then you have found the error. To reset the mods back to default you can wipe their Saved Variables file from the WTF folder.

Just open your WTF folder and wipe any files with the same name as the AddOn (there will be two; one with a .lua extension and another with a .bak extension). Look in both the SavedVariables sub folder and in the Your Server\Your Character (replace the italicized words with your server and character name) folder.

Sounds like a mod is looking for something is not here or its setting have become corrupted due you changing servers/guilds.

The other culprit is if you joined any custom chat channels. If so /leave that channel

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-08-07 at 06:33 AM.
06-08-07, 06:34 AM   #3
Lonelock
A Murloc Raider
Thats just it.

Im currently using LEDMirage mods but im not sure which one of them, if any, has anything to do with guilds. Sorry but im new to this mod stuff
06-08-07, 07:14 AM   #4
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Check for FuBar_GuildFu. If it's there, be sure to update it. It looks like it has several Ace mods in it, so going to WowAce and getting the WowAceUpdater (WAU) would prolly benefit you in the long run. The link for it will be in the bar on the right hand side.

Hope this helps ya!
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence
06-08-07, 08:59 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Disable Cartographer_GuildPositions and see if the error message persists.

If after disabling Cartographer_GuildPositions you do not get the error message then I would nuke the Saved Variable file for Cartographer_GuildPositions. In your WTF folder look for Cartographer_GuildPositions.lua and Cartographer_GuildPositions.lua.bak (in your SavedVariables folder) and nuke both of those files. Then enable Cartographer_GuildPositions and see if you get the error message.
06-08-07, 12:31 PM   #6
Lonelock
A Murloc Raider
None of the files any of you have mentioned are in my saved variables file. i have never used those mods, always left them disabled.

I tried wiping all mods from addons folder but still get the message
06-08-07, 12:49 PM   #7
Lonelock
A Murloc Raider
Ok thx for help but im gonna do a fresh wow install..
06-08-07, 06:47 PM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Even if you had not used those mods but you did a full install of MirageUI (the UI the author you mentioned developed) you would still have the Saved Variable file. What you might try doing before wiping your AddOns is removeing your WTF folder. This will reset ALL AddOns to default.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What to do