Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-21-09, 04:20 AM   #1
Republic
Paladin

So I was just thinking...

...how the hell does Blizzard miss such a large issue as talent points not working properly with 3.1?

I actually intend for this to be a constructive thread. I'm not looking to slam anyone. I am just rather, well, amazed that they missed such a large bug. I mean, 3.1 was a major talent overhaul/rewrite. It isn't often a patch brings a reset of talents (across all classes anyway). In my opinion, the talent changes were perhaps as significant as the addition of Ulduar, etc. Wouldn't you guys agree? I mean, the talents affect everyone who logs in to a character.

I've read about talents not being calculated correctly, not being able to be learned (not sticking after trying to apply them), disappearing after being learned, etc. I've read people having simple "displaying of talent" issues and then others (myself) having issues with toons not able to learn talents.

My experience tonight on one of my DK's was such that they were missing a couple of points (the total didn't equal the amount for the character level), to being unable to learn talents (the last 2 points earned weren't sticking or taking effect after clicking to learn).

I asked around general chat to see if anyone else had these issues and was told by one guy that the only way he got his worked out was to respec. I tried this, short of any other solution found, and it worked. In any event, how the hell does Blizzard mess up something so important to a patch release? I mean, it could be argued that this was the focal point of the patch.

I'm not looking for "Blizzard sucks" responses. That isn't my purpose. I just can't believe how something like this is messed up. What sort of quality assurance or auditing do their programmers have? I've all but decided the PTR's are useless for actual TESTING purposes. It seems most players who go there are simply interested in drooling over new epics rather than filling out bug reports. Know what I mean?

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on the issue, feel free to post. It seriously seems like the balls being dropped are getting bigger with each patch release.

On a slightly related note, I've also noticed a lot more sounds "working" in the game now. Elevators, schools of fish, all kinds of ambient sounds are present that weren't before. When things like this are "added", you really take notice of how many bugs exist in this game. I mean, let's be honest, someone didn't just get up at a meeting and say "OMG, the Vengeance Landing lift needs sound effects!". It seems this game is full, and I do mean FULL of bugs, whether people are aware of them or not.

What's the solution to the process? It's kind of sad if you ask me.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » So I was just thinking...