04-05-18, 08:35 AM   #1
strikerboy414
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Anyone alive?

Sigg you still keeping up with OpenRDX?

Next WoW expansion just got a release date and I want to make sure my favorite addon is still around =)
04-26-18, 02:52 AM   #2
Bethan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I can't talk for anyone else but I'm still using openRDX for most of my interface and wouldn't mind keeping using it for bfa

I guess we'll see what happen in the following months.

btw I have a beta access, and while I didn't try to load rdx yet to look at what broke, don't hesitate to pm me if you need any extra testers sigg
05-01-18, 01:19 PM   #3
Bethan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I did spent some time today fixing my addons on the beta. The current addon changes on the beta did break a few things in openRDX. I tried a few very dirty fix that broke the "map" and "log" part of openrdx (that I'm not using, and that were most affected by the api changes) but most of what's left seems to be working fine.

Hopefuly Sigg manages to make a real official fix for the bfa release, otherwise I'll try to see how to clean what I have and will try to send a patch to the current official git repository for those that are still interested in a not-to-broken version of openRDX.
01-19-19, 08:45 PM   #4
Bethan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Apparently 8.1 broke a function in VFL that ended breaking all editbox in RDX (typically for Vars Scripted nodes)

The fix I found consisted in changing the function VFL/UI/Indent.lua:getCaretPos(editbox) (line ~880), replace all the code in this function by :

Code:
local function getCaretPos(editbox)
  return editbox:GetCursorPosition()
end
I still have a somewhat workable version of RDX if it still interest anyone. I'm not sure I really want to spend the time to "officially" maintain it though.
08-23-20, 10:14 AM   #5
Bethan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

In case anyone else is still using OpenRDX, as far as I'm concerned 9.0 mosly broke BlizzFullDisable that I already had mostly disabled anyway (I use RDX on top of the default UI), and the obvious backdrop changed (see here ) that I fixed basically looking for instances of VFLUI.CreateFramePool() and either adding
Code:
"BackdropTemplate"
as a fourth argument to the CreateFrame call in the fallback handler or adding
Code:
Mixin(f,BackdropTemplateMixin)
just after the CreateFrame call. I also had to change a few call to
Code:
x:SetBackdrop(nil)
into
Code:
if(x.SetBackdrop) then x:SetBackdrop(nil) end
in a few cleanup functions

Don't hesitate to send me a message if you need help getting things working
09-16-22, 06:32 PM   #6
Bethan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well as expected 10.0 broke quite a lot of things in VFL/RDX.

I did spent a few hours in order to get everything to a "very unstable but somewhat useable state", but there are hooks done by VFL that are bugged and that I have no clue how to debug/fix, and the whole frame pools got really messed up by the fact that Blizzard is now forbidding to call quite a lot of functions with "nil" values (and so the framepool can't really correctly reset frames anymore, or at least I wasn't able to figure how ...)

Given the state of the mess I have right now I think I'll finally have to consider switching to something else for my interface. If someone wants to dig deep in VFL code and is interested in fixing everything I would be quite happy to help him, but otherwise I think I'll have to call it for me using this otherwise great addon, after more than 12years using it.

Thanks again to everyone (mostly Siggs though ^^) who maintained it until legion.

Bethan (@Ysondre-EU)
08-11-23, 09:01 PM   #7
Bethan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well let's say I failed to switch to something else than RDX...

After quite a few hours spent over the last year I ended up getting RDX in a kinda-workable state again. There are a few modules I had to completely disable, and a few that are probably broken but I'm not using them so I didn't notice...

Anyway there were more changes for DF than for BfA or SL, and usually I described in posts the fixes I did as I had to do them. This time I updated a fork of the project on github. For people who wish to use RDX feel free to check it out but do not expect it to work "out of the box". I do not intend to make a proper release for now (or ever), but if you are interested in using RDX on retail (and have time/motivation to fix the remaining issues that I didn't find but may impact you) feel free to contact me. Obviously if you use my fork and have any issue with them do not complain on the official RDX channels

Sigg, if you rather I did not made my changes public or want me to follow another procedure do not hesitate to contact me

Thanks,
Bethan - (@Ysondre-EU)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: General Information » Anyone alive?