07-18-08, 05:37 PM   #141
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by noble8 View Post
For bag addons i recommend Combuctor really good fits in well with nUI.
Tried it, and I agree wholeheartedly.

07-18-08, 05:42 PM   #142
vientra
A Kobold Labourer
On bongos i would change my stances to friendly targets. so when i would target myself or a party member my healing spells would pop up, and when i targetted a kill target my shadow spells would come up. Is it at all possible to change the main bar to do this already? Or would it be possible to implement it in the future?

07-18-08, 06:07 PM   #143
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by vientra View Post
On bongos i would change my stances to friendly targets. so when i would target myself or a party member my healing spells would pop up, and when i targetted a kill target my shadow spells would come up. Is it at all possible to change the main bar to do this already? Or would it be possible to implement it in the future?
Not possible with the current implementation, but it might be possible at a later date.

07-19-08, 12:41 PM   #144
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Noble8 I loaded Combucator and I love it! Thanks.

For some reason when I edit the nUI.lua file to change the scale it gets reset back to default everytime I reload the UI. Essentially, I can't make changes. Is there a setting that tells nUI to reload defaults every time it is loaded or something? Any help would be appreciated.

07-19-08, 01:01 PM   #145
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I figured it out. I guess you can't use /nui rl after changing it. I exited completely and re-opened WoW and everything is fine. Thanks.

07-19-08, 01:29 PM   #146
MattCairns
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This looks like a pretty cool addon. Ill have to give it a try.

07-19-08, 02:45 PM   #147
Taggarrt
A Defias Bandit
Jungle - did you set the scale to be smaller or larger? Just curious. I'd like to see the scale smaller.

Tag

07-19-08, 02:59 PM   #148
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
My preference is to have the scale larger and the spacing closer. It seems to help me keep track of a battle better to have large bars around my character and all of the info in tight on the screen. I like seeing the bars drop in a massive way so I know who is dying quicker. I tend to stare at the characters during battle though so I may be in the minority on this one.

Jungle

07-19-08, 08:52 PM   #149
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

A little more info on Cartographer... Notes are starting to show up now from one or two of the components on the main map now. However, the small map in the corner seems to occasionally show up with no info on it, as if the are were unexplored in the main map. Doesn't seem to be a consistent reason for this and i'm not getting any errors.... this may have to to with another map related mod that I was getting errors from that I've since disabled... I'll try to replicate it later and post my findings.

Update: Nope, it's not the other addon. It could be related to the mapnotes/waypoints, as the zone I first noticed it in is the first zone I noticed the mapnotes from quests showing up in the main map. Also, on an unrelated note, my reputation bar seems to have dissapeared sometime after achieving revered with stormwind... don't know if that's the ui or annother mod or something I did myself...

Last edited by Ratheri : 07-19-08 at 08:59 PM. Reason: no sense in double posting

07-19-08, 09:58 PM   #150
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ok, so let me just repeat again that this UI is freakin awesome. I will never go back to the dark ages of configuring my own UI or using the default blizzard stuff. Now that I have done dailies with the UI here are my HUD questions.

1) Just a user friendliness consideration: I think it would be better to put the HP on the outside and make it bright green by default so that it is the most noticeable of the HUD bars. Mana /rage/energy is important but for some reason my brain migrates to the outer edges for information. Not a huge deal but just like HP is on top in horizontal bars I think it should be outside which is (for some reason in my head) most noticable on vetical bars.

2) Again with the default settings for new users. I had a hard time learning the HUD so I am suggesting things I think will make it more intuitive out of the box. Instead of white and green text on the top and bottom stats it would be good for the color of the numbers to correspond to the bars. For instance if HP is bright g then the HP numbers are bright green. If mana is blue then the mana number are blue. It helps with consistency (for me anyway).

That is all for now. Like I said though, overall, this UI is insane. I am bragging all over my guild forums and posting screen shots of my UI for everyone to see.

In fact here is how I have mine configured.

Once we figure out raid frames and associated info this UI will be unstoppable compared to the crap I have used in the past.

07-19-08, 10:09 PM   #151
EWOlson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You don't. You satisfy your own.
So true. Make the addon for yourself and if others want to use it that's great.

07-19-08, 11:52 PM   #152
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
1) Just a user friendliness consideration: I think it would be better to put the HP on the outside and make it bright green by default so that it is the most noticeable of the HUD bars. Mana /rage/energy is important but for some reason my brain migrates to the outer edges for information. Not a huge deal but just like HP is on top in horizontal bars I think it should be outside which is (for some reason in my head) most noticable on vetical bars.

2) Again with the default settings for new users. I had a hard time learning the HUD so I am suggesting things I think will make it more intuitive out of the box. Instead of white and green text on the top and bottom stats it would be good for the color of the numbers to correspond to the bars. For instance if HP is bright g then the HP numbers are bright green. If mana is blue then the mana number are blue. It helps with consistency (for me anyway).
I hadn't noticed that exactly, but now that you mention it, that did kinda throw me off at first...

In fact here is how I have mine configured.
2 questions regarding your layout, Illustrated by picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UI-1.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1788  

07-20-08, 12:52 AM   #153
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Ratheri View Post
I hadn't noticed that exactly, but now that you mention it, that did kinda throw me off at first...

2 questions regarding your layout, Illustrated by picture:

I can answer the second one for you Ratheri -- that chat bar lets you click to instantly open the chat edit box for the channel you want... the buttons are for guild chat, say, trade, general, local defense, etc. etc. etc. and that's actually a feature I will be building into nUI.

07-20-08, 12:55 AM   #154
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oh, wow, that's really cool!

Edit: After a bit of research, it looks like the Quest mod he's using is Carbonite found on here at wowinterface... it LOOKS really nice, but after looking at their website, I'm a little leery... there's nothing WRONG with outright charging for a UI element, but something about it rubs me the wrong way. I think it's the monthly fee... I don't know why that bugs me though... but I digress. Please, let's keep this focused on nUI instead of devolving into a thing about paying/donating for addons like I saw on the mazzle forums once... allthough I will say that I'm sure if you could toss a few bucks Spiel's way as a donation for his hard work I'm sure he'd appreciate it

Last edited by Ratheri : 07-20-08 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Saw where this could go if i didn't clarify

07-20-08, 12:56 AM   #155
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Ok, so let me just repeat again that this UI is freakin awesome. I will never go back to the dark ages of configuring my own UI or using the default blizzard stuff. Now that I have done dailies with the UI here are my HUD questions.
I can't really disagree with your reasoning, but I wouldn't want to make a change like that without hearing what others think. If the general consensus is that HP should be on the outside and power on the inside, I can do that. I would also ask what folks think the order should be for the pet and ToT bars on the HUD.

I'll add, too, that in the future I'll allow you to put health on one side and power on the other as an option. But that's well down the road when the GUI config exists.

I'll buy that.

That is all for now. Like I said though, overall, this UI is insane. I am bragging all over my guild forums and posting screen shots of my UI for everyone to see.
You keep that up and I'm gonna have to buy new hats for my swelled head ~grin~

07-20-08, 02:58 AM   #156
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI v1.06.00 (beta) is out --

Please help support nUI by voting for it and/or adding nUI to your favorites list. In addition, I strongly encourage nUI users to let me know about bugs they find and suggestions for improving this mod. Your input and support is invaluable! If you would like to make a cash donation to help support the development of nUI, you may do so by clicking here... and I thank you for your support!

* Added unit names to HUD
* Added tank's total threat to in-HUD threat meter
* Added party roles to unit frame tooltips (raid leader, main/off tank, master looter)
* Changed colors of health and power cur/pct/max labels in HUD to match their bar colors
* Tweaked PvP icons in raid unit frames to improve visibility
* Tweaked health and power (mana, rage, energy) bars in raid unit frames for visibility
* Fixed missing Bliz durability frame
* Fixed health bar color bug in HUD
* Fixed false talent build reporting bug in spec browser

You can download the latest version of nUI by clicking here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072008_034531.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	362.9 KB
ID:	1789  

07-20-08, 09:46 AM   #157
Dhood
A Defias Bandit
Moonkin

Hello,
First of all I would like to say this is an awesome addon, i love it.
I do have one problem though, and I didn't see it anywhere else on these forums. On my druid I noticed that when I shapeshift into Moonkin form, the main action bar changes, it is to my understanding that it isnt supposed to. I dont know too much about coding and didnt see anything in the options to fix it.
Im sorry if this has already been addressed.
Again, great addon I love it.
Thank you in advance

07-20-08, 09:54 AM   #158
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Dhood View Post
Hello,
First of all I would like to say this is an awesome addon, i love it.
I do have one problem though, and I didn't see it anywhere else on these forums. On my druid I noticed that when I shapeshift into Moonkin form, the main action bar changes, it is to my understanding that it isnt supposed to. I dont know too much about coding and didnt see anything in the options to fix it.
Im sorry if this has already been addressed.
Again, great addon I love it.
Thank you in advance
My drood is just level 21... so no Moonkin form there for me to test on ~smile~

That said... to the best of my knowledge, the action bar is accurately programmed according to Bliz's definition of which page goes with which shapeshift form... but i could be wrong on that. The bar is fully configurable as any of bars... drag and drop spells onto it to configure it.

If any other druids want to comment on this, since I can't test it, I would appreciate it. Is the moonkin form action bar the same as not being shapeshifted at all, or is it okay to be its own programmable bar as it is coded now?

I have had one other user comment that the moonkin form interferes with the bottom left action bar on the dashboard (the 2x5 bar) so I am not ruling out there's a bug here... I'm just not able to test it.

07-20-08, 01:17 PM   #159
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ratheri,

The carbonite I used is the free version on curse. I removed cartographer and installed carbonite to test it out and really liked it. The quest frame can be minimized when not in use (on dailies and what have you). Here is my current list of mods that I added one at a time and configured them so they would look nice with nUI:

AtlasLoot
Chatbar
Carbonite
Combuctor
Deadly Boss Mods
Mobinfo2
Omen
RatingBuster
Recount
Scrolling Combat Text
Sea - dependency for Chatbar
SWStats - our guild uses it so I use it to know what everyone else sees in terms of damage, it doesn't fit in very well so I keep it closed unless raiding.

Judging by previous experience that is a really short list to compliment a UI.

Now I am off to download the new version of nUI and make a donation. After playing with just the nUI.lua yesterday afternoon I know that all this coding takes a ton of time and commitment.

Jungle

07-20-08, 03:52 PM   #160
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I can't really disagree with your reasoning, but I wouldn't want to make a change like that without hearing what others think. If the general consensus is that HP should be on the outside and power on the inside, I can do that.
Here's another vote for HP on the outside and power/mana/whatever on the inside. That's how I configured my HUD(s) prior to using nUI.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement