07-24-09, 11:13 AM   #1
geno93n0
A Murloc Raider
Two probs

First off I'd like to say that I really appreciate what Carbonite has done for my wow experience and that I really like how it works so well with other addons.

But I've still got two problems with it:

1. Everytime a friend in my list goes AFK I get spammed with "Player <insert AFK here> is Away From Keyboard: Away From Keyboard"

2. I can't "see" myself on the carbonite map. Whenever I mouse-over my player arrow on the map it shows me the names of whoever friends I have online, but not mine.

Any workaround for those?

07-24-09, 03:31 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. I've never seen that, nor can I think of any reason that would happen.

2. So your do see your player arrow? If players or other icons are under your arrow and you put the mouse on them, it will show their tooltip. There is no tooltip for your player arrow.

07-25-09, 03:04 AM   #3
geno93n0
A Murloc Raider

1. I'll post a screenshot when I can.

2. Yes, there's no tooltip for my player, but it also shows OTHER players' icons (people in friends list) as well as my own when they're miles away.

07-26-09, 05:44 AM   #4
geno93n0
A Murloc Raider
Screenshot

Here's your screenshot. As you can see, I'm being spammed with AFK alerts. Why is this happening?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072609_194104.jpg
Views:	1960
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	3078  

07-26-09, 05:48 AM   #5
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Do you run an addon like Wow Instant Messinger? WIM contantly polls people you chatted with to maintain position info, etc. I was getting a similar issue when someone /ignore'd my son and WIM went ape...

07-26-09, 07:11 AM   #6
geno93n0
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
Do you run an addon like Wow Instant Messinger? WIM contantly polls people you chatted with to maintain position info, etc. I was getting a similar issue when someone /ignore'd my son and WIM went ape...
Nope, all I have is StrongArms, Watcher, Carbonite and Gatherer.

05-26-10, 08:34 AM   #7
christiaan
A Kobold Labourer
WOW AFK Problem

HI, my wow keeps on showing player away from keyboard: away from keyboard when someone is AFK. It started when i began using the carbonyte addon. It is the only addon i run in WOW, How can i stop it or turn it off??? It is really irritating... Hope someone can help Here is a screen shot of the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	afk prob..png
Views:	864
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	4319  

08-14-10, 05:20 PM   #8
Casuist
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Solution!!

Hey guys, you are correct that it is the Carbonite addon doing this. Here is the solution:
1. type "/carb options"
2. go to the "Privacy & Comm" section
3. un-tick "To friends" under the "Send position and level ups"

EDIT: btw, this has indeed been a bug with me for the 8+ mos. I've been using Carbonite, as with all my friends who use it.

08-21-10, 01:10 PM   #9
metalmight
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have been having a similar problem only it happens when my character goes afk. If I've been reading or something and don't move my character for a few moments I go automatically afk. When I'm done and look back at my chat box it is filled with the following over and over:
You are now Away: Away
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.

I was not sure which addon was causing this until I read this thread. Now I think it could be Carbonite but I'm not 100% sure. Has anyone else seen this or have any input on this?

08-25-10, 10:55 PM   #10
Narimm
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by metalmight View Post
I have been having a similar problem only it happens when my character goes afk. If I've been reading or something and don't move my character for a few moments I go automatically afk. When I'm done and look back at my chat box it is filled with the following over and over:
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.

I was not sure which addon was causing this until I read this thread. Now I think it could be Carbonite but I'm not 100% sure. Has anyone else seen this or have any input on this?
This problem is not unique to carbonite. In the blizzard UI interface there is an option to disable "auto clear afk" Basically this means when you interact with the UI, it will automatically clear your afk. I noticed the same issue when I installed an addon called Tradefowarder. This is because that addon was sending msg's on non addon channels and basically each time it did so it cleared my afk flag. Once enough time had passed my toon would afk again (assuming I was still away) .. rinse and repeat....unchecking the option in the interface options will stop this exact message. However this is a seperate issue to the inital thread topic.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Two probs