06-03-09, 10:20 PM   #1
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF_Perfect (Raid Frames) Some help... new to oUF

Hello,

I'm a long time fan of bunch of bars. I really liked the simplicity of it however, the author never kept it updated and in it's current state it's laggy and full of errors (I so wish someone would take the project over). I tried Pitbull, wasn't happy whatsoever with the CPU usage and overal resource drain it was. Some features I loved were the easy on/off of many of it's functionality. I really would like to become more familiar with oUF but I don't know much if anything about .lua.

I'm happy with some of the custom oUF layouts, but I am a retard when it comes to modifying it.

There are two things I'd like to add with oUF_Perfect to make it similar to BoB.

1. I would like the following buffs to show when they are on the raid:
Arcane/Dalaran Brilliance/Intellect
Fort (60/30 min)
Spirit
Shadow prot
Gift
If someone can assist me on how/where to add the code and where I adjust it's layout I'd be very appreciative. Also, when I get this far, I'll eventually like to add misdirect, soulstone, and a few others. So understanding how to add/remove specific buff filters would be wonderful.

A brief understanding on the positioning of how to place the aura's relevant to the respective player would be great also.

2. How do I add the ability to see incoming heals. I know there's the heal lib that is included in most ace addons, how do I integrate it into oUF.

I'm very sorry for not knowing, and any help in this would be awesome. Basically, I need some help being led to water and I'll begin to learn.

Stupid question... Why isn't there an oUF wiki yet?
06-04-09, 08:58 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ProperMethodz View Post
Hello,

I'm a long time fan of bunch of bars. I really liked the simplicity of it however, the author never kept it updated and in it's current state it's laggy and full of errors (I so wish someone would take the project over). I tried Pitbull, wasn't happy whatsoever with the CPU usage and overal resource drain it was. Some features I loved were the easy on/off of many of it's functionality. I really would like to become more familiar with oUF but I don't know much if anything about .lua.

I'm happy with some of the custom oUF layouts, but I am a retard when it comes to modifying it.

There are two things I'd like to add with oUF_Perfect to make it similar to BoB.

1. I would like the following buffs to show when they are on the raid:
Arcane/Dalaran Brilliance/Intellect
Fort (60/30 min)
Spirit
Shadow prot
Gift
If someone can assist me on how/where to add the code and where I adjust it's layout I'd be very appreciative. Also, when I get this far, I'll eventually like to add misdirect, soulstone, and a few others. So understanding how to add/remove specific buff filters would be wonderful.

A brief understanding on the positioning of how to place the aura's relevant to the respective player would be great also.

2. How do I add the ability to see incoming heals. I know there's the heal lib that is included in most ace addons, how do I integrate it into oUF.

I'm very sorry for not knowing, and any help in this would be awesome. Basically, I need some help being led to water and I'll begin to learn.
Would you like tags?

Stupid question... Why isn't there an oUF wiki yet?
There was one, but the documentation inside the lua files of oUF is enough for experienced add-on developers.
06-04-09, 04:41 PM   #3
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Would you like tags?

There was one, but the documentation inside the lua files of oUF is enough for experienced add-on developers.
Such as time remaining?

If so, yes. I lead raids and the ability to see who's got the typical buffs is very helpful.
06-05-09, 06:50 AM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Such as time remaining?

If so, yes. I lead raids and the ability to see who's got the typical buffs is very helpful.
No, a tag is a string, not directly a time count.
I ment like small dots on the frames, like grid has.
06-05-09, 07:05 AM   #5
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
No, a tag is a string, not directly a time count.
I ment like small dots on the frames, like grid has.
Oh, I'm not familiar with Grid.

On a side note, please don't abandon these frames

And to answer your question to the best of my ability about the tags. I really don't know which tags you're referring to, and again I apologize for not having a full understanding of the question, what I want is the highlight where the lib heal shows an incoming heal. I don't need it to show who's doing the heal, just that the target is being healed.

For the buffs, just an icon, small but one that identifies the ones listed above.

Last edited by ProperMethodz : 06-05-09 at 08:12 AM.
06-06-09, 08:29 AM   #6
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

On a side note, please don't abandon these frames
Already did that last year.
06-06-09, 06:10 PM   #7
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hello,
Download and install oUF_HealComm.

It operates by loading itself onto all frames it finds that have a health bar, unless a specific property is found that tells it not to.

tl;dr : it's an opt out implementation.

I recommend you also install oUF_DebuffHighlight, to make the frames glow blue, brown, purple or green for removable debuffs that are magic, disease, curse or poison.

The only change you need to make to your layout for oUF_DebuffHighlight to work is to set :

Code:
self.DebuffHighlightBackdrop = true
inside your style function.
06-06-09, 06:13 PM   #8
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You would also benefit from having peoples frames in your raid layout fade out when they are out of range maybe :

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...pellRange.html

another opt-out setup.

Also to be able to see the status of ready checks is handy too (since you're a raid leader)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eadyCheck.html

Last edited by jadakren : 06-06-09 at 06:21 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF_Perfect (Raid Frames) Some help... new to oUF