11-28-06, 09:58 AM   #181
Balsta
Originally Posted by gazolith
what i mean is that when i click my sinister strike or backstab to attack a mob it picks my weapon up by this i mean when u have something in your inventory and u attempt to destory it or move it
I think what he means is that instead of equiping the weapon it picks it up and attaches it to the cursor like when you move things.

11-28-06, 11:14 AM   #182
eskimo
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, first of all, thank you for releasing this great UI.

But i have a big problem when installing it. If I go through the Install menu and click at the end the "Mazzify Me" button, the screen freeze some seconds (I think this is normal) and then the "Mazzify Me" button apears a second time and no AddOns are installed correctly. Screenshot .
Maybe your UI don't work correctly on german clients? Do you know anything about it? I already reinstalled WoW and tested it on my Notebook, nothing helped. Maybe someone can help me, that this great UI works

So long eskimo

11-28-06, 11:34 AM   #183
Toidi2k
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by eskimo
Maybe your UI don't work correctly on german clients?

So long eskimo
Works fine in german clients. But I think the font scale is to smal in 1444x990.

11-28-06, 12:34 PM   #184
Telnets
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Morning Mazzle,
I tried out your UI yesterday (as a warrior) and its beautiful.. Ive been playing with all the options and found some new mods which you use, which i have been looking for for a while, so thank you for that..

I dont have a complaint, nor a problem with your UI, I am actualy just interesting in knowing if its possible to use your 3d models seperately from the UI package? Would you be able to tell me what i would need to grab from your archive exactly (what i must have, such as DUF, a certain Library, and the 3d dir ect?) to be able to use your awsome models seperately?

Thanks mate! Awsome job and well worth the wait! You obviousaly spent a lot of time working on this, I hope you dont get discouraged from keeping it up to date and functional throughout the BC expansion!

11-28-06, 02:26 PM   #185
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Telnets
Morning Mazzle,
I tried out your UI yesterday (as a warrior) and its beautiful.. Ive been playing with all the options and found some new mods which you use, which i have been looking for for a while, so thank you for that..

I dont have a complaint, nor a problem with your UI, I am actualy just interesting in knowing if its possible to use your 3d models seperately from the UI package? Would you be able to tell me what i would need to grab from your archive exactly (what i must have, such as DUF, a certain Library, and the 3d dir ect?) to be able to use your awsome models seperately?

Thanks mate! Awsome job and well worth the wait! You obviousaly spent a lot of time working on this, I hope you dont get discouraged from keeping it up to date and functional throughout the BC expansion!
No, it is not easily possible to use seperately, nor do want the data or the code from that add-on to be used in another add-on. If you want a general 3d model, I suggest the excellent Zuxana Model Citizen. This one I made for use of this UI. Sorry.

11-28-06, 02:27 PM   #186
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by eskimo
Hi, first of all, thank you for releasing this great UI.

But i have a big problem when installing it. If I go through the Install menu and click at the end the "Mazzify Me" button, the screen freeze some seconds (I think this is normal) and then the "Mazzify Me" button apears a second time and no AddOns are installed correctly. Screenshot .
Maybe your UI don't work correctly on german clients? Do you know anything about it? I already reinstalled WoW and tested it on my Notebook, nothing helped. Maybe someone can help me, that this great UI works

So long eskimo
Look in for an error in your chatlog. Otherwise I have no idea what's going on. I had no german testers either.

11-28-06, 02:29 PM   #187
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gazolith
what i mean is that when i click my sinister strike or backstab to attack a mob it picks my weapon up by this i mean when u have something in your inventory and u attempt to destory it or move it
Oh, you're a rogue. I think I know what's going on. *Read your layout description.* And I think there's a FAQ entry for it too. The bottom left bar is for poisons only. That's why it's picking up your weapon. That's a script that applies the contents of that button to your weapon. Left-click will apply it to your left weapon and right-click to your right.

If you don't want/need this functionality hide the bar, or delete the scripts on that bar.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 11-28-06 at 02:48 PM.

11-28-06, 02:31 PM   #188
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cilas
I spent last night on my 56 druid. On the druid, I was amazed at the simplicity of the keybindings. Its going to take me a bit to reprogram what I normally do, but what's been laid out here is just awesome. Congrats you and your druid testers here. About my only complaint was the Stealth button didn't show the cool down timing (no countdown).
That's good to hear. There were no druid testers, and I don't play a druid, so I had no idea how well it would work. I just set it up how I thought they made sense. I did ask some druid friends a good deal of questions though.

Originally Posted by Cilas
Oh, my other issue is with the map. I love the AlphaMap's looks, but I need to figure out how to make display the mini zones when you hover over them-I'm sure it's there, I'll find it eventually.
Try holding down ctrl.

11-28-06, 02:33 PM   #189
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Gravelbeard
This has got to be the best UI I've ever seen & have used thus far in WOW.

I was wondering being a priest if there's a built in add on that works like the Emergency Monitor used in CTRaid? I'm not totally familiar with all the addons in this package so please excuse my ignorance. If not could I install CTRaid and use it without messing your UI up?
I would use NeedyList. There's information about it in the FAQ.

11-28-06, 02:40 PM   #190
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by brautigan1
Mazzle, I spent alot of time with your UI tonight, mainly getting myself familiar with some of the components I hadn't used before, reading over everything in the FAQ, etc, and I must say I really don't see any big problems anywhere. Considering all that's obviously gone into this, I'm sorry to see you flooded with so many questions that could be avoided by simply reading the FAQ and installation directions.

It's clear that you really tried *very* hard to make the whole thing as user friendly as possible, and I think you've succeded in that to a large extent. It's also clear that there is alot, I mean ALOT of utility to this UI. It's amazing how you crammed all of this into a neat little package, really.

All of that said, I think you DO need to move closer to option A from your A,B,C scenario when it comes to answering questions on this board. The fact is, you are going to get a TON of dumb questions from people who are too lazy to learn for themselves what needs to be done. There's simply a huge population of mod users out there who have absolutely no understanding of what goes into a project like this. Most won't even know how to open DAB and change thier keybinds, really, or if they do open it, it wil make them even more confused.

I hate to say it, but I think on your way to making the "user friendly, jam-packed mod," what you've really created is a UI for the *elite* mod user. I personally don't yet understand how to configure to my personal tastes every detail of your UI, but if there's some way I'd really like to adjust it, I'm pretty sure I can figure it out for myself. I certainly wouldn't go bothering you about "how I can change the font," etc. I mean, you chose this font, you shouldn't have to explain to anyone how to change it.

Same goes for the size of any frame or elemnt of your UI - you made it thus, and if anyone wants a stylistic change, they should search their own braincells for a way to make it so.

If I were in your shoes and got questions like "how can I move the tooltip?" etc, I wouldn't even reply. That info is available within your mod, and if moving the tooltip WEREN'T a feature of your UI, then so what. The question simply isn't worth answering.

I'm dead serious - most of these posters so far are behaving like spoiled children who think they DESERVE something more from your gift.

Please don't feel obliged to give in to that sort of thing.

As someone who is simply taking pleasure in exploring this new, incredibly complex toy, I only hope that nothing discourages you from at least keeping up with what is already there, or finishing off whatever YOU feel needs "finishing."

I know that after all the work you've put into this your emotions must be running high when it comes to public response. I wish you the best in coming to terms with all these people, and hope that in the midst of all this attention you can manage to somehow feel as "at ease" as you have while bringing the project to this point.

Thanks again!
I would respond to you, but I am now ignoring your post. But seriously, it doesn't irk me that much, and I don't think it's my nature to just ignore everything. I do try to ignore questions in PM's Also, the thread prior to release was full of jerks. This thread is downright enjoyable compared to that one.

The only thing I think that will really be discouraged about (hint, hint) is people ninja'ing my code, data or art for their own things when I tell them the individual add-ons can't use be used seperately. This was released to be a coherent package, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 11-28-06 at 03:05 PM.

11-28-06, 02:43 PM   #191
diveX
A Fallenroot Satyr
!!!Libs\Ace2\AceComm-2.0\AceComm-2.0.lua:2527: Channel send missing channel number

New Error. I only want to help you and dont know where i have to post it. so i post the erros here

Every time when I login i get a Frame, where my Homestone is in it. When i click into the frame, he disappears

11-28-06, 02:43 PM   #192
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Desmoras
I deleted all my mods in fear of stuffing up the UI before I installed MazzleUI.

It was impossible to see in the video, but there was an error of which came up in the Chat Log.

Here it is:
LOGOUT
Interface/AddOns/Recap/Recap.lua:51:
attempt to index global 'recap' (a nil value)

EXIT GAME
Interface/AddOns/Recap/Recap.lua:50:
attempt to index global 'recap' (a nil value)

Im guessing I should disable Recap?

Des
I looked at those lines and that code definitely has to do with logging out. I have no idea why it would give you that error though. What it's trying to do is pretty simple. I would just disable it if I were you.

11-28-06, 02:46 PM   #193
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by diveX
!!!Libs\Ace2\AceComm-2.0\AceComm-2.0.lua:2527: Channel send missing channel number

New Error. I only want to help you and dont know where i have to post it. so i post the erros here

Every time when I login i get a Frame, where my Homestone is in it. When i click into the frame, he disappears
Yeah, I'm already looking at the top error. Someone suggested that it's an interaction between prat and the version of Chatmanager that is there.

Second thing just sounds like the context menu. *sigh* read the faq.

11-28-06, 03:03 PM   #194
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Also, if you post a bug report on the portal, make sure to check back there on the results. You'll either find the resolution or a question asking for more information.

11-28-06, 04:10 PM   #195
Vardan
A Murloc Raider
hey maz, dont know if you h ad a chance to look at my post. I know you are getting a lot of repsonses, and I will be patient. I also apologize if my problem is located somewhere or if I am just being dumb. I looked through the FAQ and didnt see anything about it. Just hard to use my ranged attacks if they disapear hehe.

11-28-06, 04:27 PM   #196
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vardan
hey maz, dont know if you h ad a chance to look at my post. I know you are getting a lot of repsonses, and I will be patient. I also apologize if my problem is located somewhere or if I am just being dumb. I looked through the FAQ and didnt see anything about it. Just hard to use my ranged attacks if they disapear hehe.
*blink* I made a post a half hour after you asked the question, two posts down from your question, talking about that very issue.

11-28-06, 04:32 PM   #197
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I am wondering what the standard memory use is with this mod? Haven't gotten a chance to install it yet, but will be soon.

11-28-06, 06:18 PM   #198
brautigan1
A Defias Bandit
Lil' sumpin sumpin

So after obsessing over this great UI, I decided to take a little bit of this, a little bit of that and a whole lot of Mazzle-Dazzle, and came up with this:

Still working on it, but it suits my playstyle nicely so far.

Tnx again for the great UI, Mazzle

11-28-06, 06:19 PM   #199
Vardan
A Murloc Raider
Ok sorry I didnt find your respsonse maz this thread is a little not in order for me but regardless, I checked wing clip and it was on id 12, so I moved it to 18 and it didnt work, but then I reread yoru response and put it in 118 and it still didnt work. What its doing is the ranged skills are up until I target somethign, it doesnt matter who I target or where they are, my melee skills come up, even if they are out of range

11-28-06, 06:23 PM   #200
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vardan
Ok sorry I didnt find your respsonse maz this thread is a little not in order for me but regardless, I checked wing clip and it was on id 12, so I moved it to 18 and it didnt work, but then I reread yoru response and put it in 118 and it still didnt work. What its doing is the ranged skills are up until I target somethign, it doesnt matter who I target or where they are, my melee skills come up, even if they are out of range
You should not move the one that was in id 12. That's your main wing clip button. The one in 118 should have been a level 1 wing clip.

Are you sure you're targetting a hostile mob you can attack? I think it behaves differently when you target a friendly.

If that's not the issue, I'd remazzify the buttons and make sure that "Put actions in buttons" is checked.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI