08-17-09, 02:31 PM   #1
roy_e_brisby
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
7.3 Cooldown Icons showing wrong timer.

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, but have been using OpenRDX for several months now (though still at a very basic level). I did manage to build my own unitframes through pretty much experimentation and following some guides, and have been pretty happy with the results.

I ran into a problem of sorts with the new Cooldown Icons feature, specifically I seem to be seeing pre-3.2 values and/or untalented/unglyphed cooldowns for certain spells.

For example, if I fire off an unglyphed dispersion now, Cooldown Icons (with cooldowns&text enabled) will show a 3 minute cooldown. The OpenRDX action bar shows the proper 2 minute cooldown however.

Talented Pain Suppression and Talented Power Infusion are both showing the same problem, they're using unmodified values causing timers for both to be off by 20% ( 2 minutes, 24 seconds for Pain Suppression talented, vs a standard 3 minute cooldown without talents.).

To elaborate a bit, I pretty much just dragged and dropped Cooldown Icons (under Auras/Cooldowns) straight into my UI and tweaked the look of the timer and size a bit, I'm not 100% sure if anything else needed to be done to get it to bring up the newer proper values. The cooldowns are actually working, but they're just pulling the wrong values down (and the icons themselves are not completely disappearing in my UF).

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
08-17-09, 11:53 PM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
With 3.2, some cooldowns have been changed.

See the file Metadada\Cooldowns.lua for timer

Just let me know which cooldown need to be change.

Thanks
08-18-09, 05:51 PM   #3
roy_e_brisby
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks Sigg,

Okay I did some testing, and I can tweak some of the values so some of the cooldowns work properly for 3.2.

I can't seem to get around the talented/glyphed cooldown issue though. For example :

Code:
	Omni.RegisterSpellClassCooldown(34433, "PRIEST", 5*60); -- shadowfiend
I'd like to just emphasize that my coding experience with WoW is extremely limited, so I'm not really 100% sure on how things are properly done. Chances are I'll only be experimenting with some stuff until the next revision of 7.3 hits.

would work for the baseline Shadowfiend spell, but with (2/2) talented Veiled Shadows it would have to be :

Code:
	Omni.RegisterSpellClassCooldown(34433, "PRIEST", 3*60); -- shadowfiend

Last edited by roy_e_brisby : 08-18-09 at 07:52 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » 7.3 Cooldown Icons showing wrong timer.