05-23-09, 10:32 AM   #1
Eletharin
A Murloc Raider

Anchoring to Aura Bar Frames

As a disc priest my buffs AND debuffs on my current target are important for healing. I'm trying to set up buff (renew, trinket HoTs, etc) and debuff (weakened soul, boss abilities, etc) aura bars below my target frame. I currently use ouF for my unitframes so the buff/debuff bars need to be a stand alone frame (though I'm thinking about fully converting some weekend).

Create a unitframe with a base frame .. OK
Create an aurabars named "priest_t_buffs", set to BUFFS, filter for renew, anchor TOP-LEFT to TOP-LEFT of "BASE" .. OK
Create a second aurabars named "priest_t_debuffs", set to DEBUFFS, filter for weakened soul, anchor TOP-LEFT to BOTTOM-LEFT of "priest_t_buffs" .. feature editor freezes.

At this point I can't save, can't close, but the game and my computer are running fine in the background. If I change the "to frame" on the second aura bar to "BASE" I can save and close, but the aura bars overlap when both buff/debuffs are present.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong, if this is a bug, or if there is some way to set up subframes that will expand (I'd like to be able to add more buff/debuffs for future watching). I tried anchoring a subframe to "priest_t_buffs" so I could anchor the debuffs to that, but setting the subframe's "to frame" to the aurabars had the same problem.

Thanks!

Completely unrelated point, but I couldn't find anywhere in the aura bars options in the feature editor to have it filter for self cast buffs only. How can I set that up so I don't have to try to figure out which renew is mine.
05-25-09, 04:28 PM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Can you provide a Recovery file.

Thanks
05-26-09, 09:25 AM   #3
Eletharin
A Murloc Raider

Noob question, but what is a recovery file and how do I generate one?

When I get home today I'll do a clean install of openRDX, recreate it my issue, and try to figure it out.
05-26-09, 01:37 PM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Your unitframe is stored in a package.

I need a backup of your package.

Click on the 5th icon of the main panel (Package Manager)
Click on Backup
Select your package and click on the button OK

Your UI is reloading.

There is a file RDX_Recovery.lua in your folder "WTF\Account\XXXXXXX\SavedVariables\"

Using this file, I will restore your package in my OpenRDX, so I am able to see your problem.

Sigg
05-26-09, 05:17 PM   #5
Eletharin
A Murloc Raider

The recovery file you requested is attached below.

In "priest_t_bars_uf" if I change the anchor "To Frame:" for the second aurabars (DEBUFF) to "priest_t_buff_bars" (the first aurabars) it won't save or close until I change it back to "Base".

Additionally, the first time I try to click apply, it throws 2 errors:

[string "-- UnitFrame: nil..."]:187: <unnamed>:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named '(null)'

Stack trace:
-----------
[string "-- UnitFrame: nil..."]:187: in function `createFrame'
...ace\AddOns\RDX\UnitFrames\UnitFramePreviewWindow.lua:50: in function `UpdateFrame'
...ace\AddOns\RDX\UnitFrames\UnitFramePreviewWindow.lua:91: in function `PaintPreviewWindow'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\FeatureEditor.lua:107: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\FeatureEditor.lua:95>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\FeatureEditor.lua:125: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\FeatureEditor.lua:121>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\FeatureEditor.lua:432: in function <Interface\AddOns\RDX\ObjectMgr\FeatureEditor.lua:432>
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Desktops\Layouts.lua:22: attempt to index local 'frame' (a nil value)

Stack trace:
-----------
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Desktops\Obj_Desktop.lua:102: in function `RebuildWindow'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Desktops\Desktop.lua:53: in function `RebuildWindow'
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Desktops\Desktop.lua:126: in function `?'
Interface\AddOns\VFL\Time.lua:164: in function <Interface\AddOns\VFL\Time.lua:151>

I'll look at it some, but I'm kind of terrible with lua though I'm trying to get a little better at it

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: lua RDX_Recovery.lua (5.3 KB, 727 views)
05-28-09, 11:30 AM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Ok, I understand.

An AuraBars create a table of frames. The engine try to anchor to a frame, but this is a table.

I think I will remove aurabars and auraicons from anchor list.

Sigg
05-29-09, 09:12 AM   #7
Eletharin
A Murloc Raider

Is moving frames around possible in combat or is that an unsecure function? Would is be possible to generate anchor points on a table or anchor to one of the frame elements in the table? Any anchors to the bottom could use the last frame in the table, and any top could reference the first.
05-29-09, 01:52 PM   #8
Dgrimes
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To answer your question about windows being able to move frames around in combat it is possible. You can not do it on any unit frame or raid frame that uses a secure header though. At the moment I am testing my novo ui to include weapon enchant status bars on top of the buff frame that add or remove the features needed and change the anchoring points of the aura bars while in combat. Currently I have it working, I just need to re-anchor the aurabars to the base if there is none. It seems to be working properly.

To make a frame un-secure you need to make a filter set object, point it to yourself if you want it show your information and then in the window you need to use the grid feature I believe while also using the Data Source: Set feature (not the secure one). That way the frame itself is non secure enabling you change any aspect of the frame itself while in combat or not.

Hope this answered your question. About your second question I do not know the answer to that one sorry

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Anchoring to Aura Bar Frames