06-17-09, 03:17 PM   #1
Advert
A Murloc Raider
Adding class & spec based debuff highlighting to unitframes

I've been trying to do this for a while now, to no avail.
What i've tried so far:
Backdrop @ base, vars: decurse, backdrop colorizer -> base -> decursecolor.
Tested it below dalaran at the satyr-ish mobs that curse you, didn't work, so I was thinking of a script, but I'm not really sure how to set variables with them. Tried
Code:
    local debuffcolor_cf = {["a"]=0,["b"]=0,["g"]=0,["r"]=0}
if UnitDebuff(uid, "1", 1) ~= nil then
    debuffcolor_cf = {["a"]=.4,["b"]=0,["g"]=0,["r"]=1}
end
(in Vars: scripted) but I think I'm doing something wrong (UnitDebuff's probably, got some errors reguarding that, though they dissapeared after a few attempts) >.<

Anyone have a solution (or, the correct usage )?

On a side note, have any suggestions for these two unitframes? First one (the one to the left) is based on the Lyn partyframes, second one is made from scratch
06-17-09, 07:07 PM   #2
Dgrimes
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Add the feature "Variable: Unit In Set", make it point to "debuff" then type in @curse.

That will make it return true if said unit has a curse on them.

Make two static colors. The first of what the backdrop color is normally. The second the color you wish to show if said unit has a curse.

Add the feature "Color: Conditional Color" point the condition to the set you just created. The true color would be the curse color and the false would then be the normal color. Add the "Backdrop Colorizer" feature point the owner to bdsf (If you did not touch the way the backdrop is colored in the unit frame) point the color variable to conditional color you just created.
06-17-09, 07:41 PM   #3
Advert
A Murloc Raider
That worked, thanks. Is there a way to watch for the debuffs you can cure? i.e poison/disease as elemental, curse/disease/poison as resto, magic/poison/disease as a priest and so forth.
06-17-09, 09:27 PM   #4
Dgrimes
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make an actual "filterset" object and add the feature "or" then add which you want it to show for, disease, poison, magic, curse at the very bottom. Then in the uf instead of the "Variable: Unit In Set" pointing to "debuff" make it point to "File". It will then add a combo box you can either type in or press the "..." button. Click the "..." button then find the filterset you just made and select that one. It will then make the backdrop highlight upon that filterset.
06-18-09, 03:11 PM   #5
Advert
A Murloc Raider
Thanks!

Could you explain how the Variable: Scripted object works?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Adding class & spec based debuff highlighting to unitframes