12-05-14, 10:56 AM   #1
Kaitain1977
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Layout issues with SLDT

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Experience and Reputation modules of SLDT

The Experience and Reputation texts are not keeping their Justify values between sessions. I checked and the Justify value ("aP" I think the variable is called) is not being written into my SavedVariables file no matter what I do. As such the texts both revert to center justified when I first log in. However, if I open and then shut the sldt config panel with /sldt config, the texts then regain their correct Justify value.

Has anyone encounterred this bug? I've tried loads of things to fix it with no joy. As I can't code lua they were probably all stupid/incorrect ideas anyways. I tried things like altering the default Justify vales in the lua, I tried to make a workaround by using a script to just open and shut the sldt config on launch but I couldn't figure out the code to replicate the effect of the /sldt config macro, etc

I also tried a script to SetPoint on the text frames on login, but strangely found that the Experience and Reputation texts don't have a frame at all (when looking with /fstack) until after I use /sldt config (while other texts without this bug (like the Clock module) do have a frame immediately). Could this be a part of the problem? SLDT maybe not setting up the base frame for the Experience and Reputation texts properly?

Anyways, it's kinda driving me nuts a bit. It must have eaten up 5+ hours of my time so far.

Thanks in advance for your time.
12-06-14, 11:14 AM   #2
Kaitain1977
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ok I think I got it. I have a kgpanel do this on PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD:

Code:
local SLDT = SLDataText

SLDT.Exp:Disable()
SLDT.Exp:Enable()
SLDT.Exp:Refresh()

SLDT.Reputation:Disable()
SLDT.Reputation:Enable()
SLDT.Reputation:Refresh()

SLDT_Exp:ClearAllPoints();
SLDT_Reputation:ClearAllPoints();
SLDT_Exp:SetPoint("RIGHT", "UIParent", "BOTTOM", -245, 39);
SLDT_Reputation:SetPoint("LEFT", "UIParent", "BOTTOM", 246, 39);
Feels hacky as hell, but it works.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Layout issues with SLDT