06-26-10, 12:06 AM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vendor Cost

Wondering if there is an addon that will show the Vendor Cost.

For example Red Dye has a vendor sell value of 12c but it can be purchased from vendor at 50c/40c based on reputation. So if I accidentally purchased an extra bottle I can sell it on the auction house for say 25c - 30c and recoup more of the loss.

I figure this would be more helpful for say a non-mana drinker who is farming and gets a ton of Purified Draenic Water which sells for 64s.

Thanks

Tadedra
06-26-10, 10:25 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Honestly, things vendor for, hmm, 25% of what they're purchasable for (before rep adjustment) - so I always just do the math in my head.
06-26-10, 12:45 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. So, if you can sell it back to the vendor for 12c, then that means that its normal purchase price (before rep discount) would be 48c.

edit: personally, when deciding whether to auction or vendor an item, I first look up the prices that the item is already listed for on the auction house. (If I want it to sell, I need to price it competetively.) Then, I add that price to whatever the auction house fee would be. (If it *doesn't* sell on the AH and I lose my deposit, would it even be worth it to put it up in the first place?)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-26-10, 06:48 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I agree with Seerah, here. In addition, I find that items you can commonly get from vendors almost NEVER sell in the ah. I've gotten to somewhat know the psychology behind ah traders, and I can practically guarantee that vendor items will not make you a profit. People just do not search for vendor stuff.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Vendor Cost