08-29-12, 04:58 PM   #181
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
a few small bugs that my hubby and i noticed

the quest complete sounds dont play, they play if you click them in the options, but when you finish a quest they dont actually play, i know, we are probably two of a very small handful of people that use the sounds but we really do miss them

also we were playing some new dwarves just to help us get used to some changes, and there were many places where, like for instance we did the shrink the builders quest at frostmane hold and such, when we turned those quests in, it kept showing us to do the quest again instead of pointing us in the direction of amberstill ranch which was where we had to go next, not a major issue we could look on the map and see it, but i thought that letting you know small bugs would help you out

we are very appreciative of the work you've done, we couldnt wow without our carbonite, so thank you very much

08-29-12, 05:00 PM   #182
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Old Node bug

Originally Posted by vampiricwulf View Post
A bug I noticed is that the tracking nodes randomly blink. It blinks simultaneously specifically with fishing nodes.
That is an old bug the fix is as follows:

go to carbonite options->map minimap
click on minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (just above minimap docks always box)
and set it to 0 or a longer interval as to not drive you crazy

08-29-12, 05:05 PM   #183
Remits
A Defias Bandit
Hi, i have finaly find why the patch doesn't work...it's the language ^^

If i make the language of the game in french nothing work but if i turn it in englsih language all work perfectly

Very good work on the patch Mr Rythal !

For this time, i'm going play in english language because i can't play without carbonide but did you know if you can make mothing for can use your patch in the french language in the futur?

Thanks for your help, carbonite is come back !

08-29-12, 05:07 PM   #184
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

@ Timidangel

you might try /reload to refresh the quests sometimes that works to get it to point to the next quest correctly

08-29-12, 05:08 PM   #185
Tempista
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by timidangel View Post
a few small bugs that my hubby and i noticed

the quest complete sounds dont play, they play if you click them in the options, but when you finish a quest they dont actually play, i know, we are probably two of a very small handful of people that use the sounds but we really do miss them

also we were playing some new dwarves just to help us get used to some changes, and there were many places where, like for instance we did the shrink the builders quest at frostmane hold and such, when we turned those quests in, it kept showing us to do the quest again instead of pointing us in the direction of amberstill ranch which was where we had to go next, not a major issue we could look on the map and see it, but i thought that letting you know small bugs would help you out

we are very appreciative of the work you've done, we couldnt wow without our carbonite, so thank you very much

weird, the sounds work fine for me

08-29-12, 05:37 PM   #186
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
my suspicion is some of the sounds it use to use are either no longer there, or been renamed since it uses WoW data sounds except the 1 default "quest complete" one, and if your not hearing the sound, you should of gotten the error that was posted for me a few pages back but since lua errors are off in your client you don't.

As for other languages besides english and it not working... I have a feeling it's because there are at least 21 new zones as of this patch, but those zones are not in the localization.lua file (my fault for not noticing it before), so your getting errors when it's trying to setup the map and zone's don't exist it's expecting. I'm going to need to add them before it works in your native language.

Just popped in the door from work so gunna eat dinner then i'll get to tackling the biggest problem which is the missing icon for dungeon/pvp/raid since that affects everyone

08-29-12, 05:54 PM   #187
Broessel01
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@Rythal
Thanks a lot!!!

08-29-12, 05:55 PM   #188
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
that could be true with the sounds, because they do work intermittently, like one out of every dozen or so might work, but like i said it wasnt an issue really to worry about, i just thought it might effect everyone but apparently not lol, should i turn on my error thingie to see if i get a LUA error?

actually i just checked, in my interface the display LUA errors is checked so if that were the issue wouldnt i have been seeing those?

08-29-12, 06:24 PM   #189
Cherio
A Fallenroot Satyr
Regarding addon changes and publishing on wow interface ,.... changes ...etc

The addon is quite popular in 4 days the post is 10 + pages

someone said earlier cant quote it that Carbonite authors would kindly decide the fate of the addon and that they are super busy etc , that was 5+ days ago , so any hope for their kind peep into wowinterface and say hi we will abndon it and give awesome Rythal rights to edit it ?? , or say we will go and do the updates

I understand they are super busy, its just a web browser login and a small note

Really hope to hear from them ....

08-29-12, 06:24 PM   #190
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
that could be true with the sounds, because they do work intermittently, like one out of every dozen or so might work, but like i said it wasnt an issue really to worry about, i just thought it might effect everyone but apparently not lol, should i turn on my error thingie to see if i get a LUA error?

actually i just checked, in my interface the display LUA errors is checked so if that were the issue wouldnt i have been seeing those?

Are you using Carbonite Quest POI or blizzard quest POI

08-29-12, 06:26 PM   #191
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cherio View Post
Regarding addon changes and publishing on wow interface ,.... changes ...etc

The addon is quite popular in 4 days the post is 10 + pages

someone said earlier cant quote it that Carbonite authors would kindly decide the fate of the addon and that they are super busy etc , that was 5+ days ago , so any hope for their kind peep into wowinterface and say hi we will abndon it and give awesome Rythal rights to edit it ?? , or say we will go and do the updates

I understand they are super busy, its just a web browser login and a small note

Really hope to hear from them ....
Someone needs to take a good look at the license agreement, and see if the community is allowed... wonder how busy the company lawyer is .. hmmm

08-29-12, 06:30 PM   #192
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
you know Rythal, i really dont know, i admit that i am not very addon savvy, so when it comes to addons, i usually just leave them set up as they are, the only thing i really change in carbonite was the colors of my quests , and a few minor things like that, so whatever it is set with automatically is what i use i assume, i hate to sound dumb, but if you can tell me where to look to find out, i'll gladly do so

im not sure if this is carbonite or mapster related but like in the dwarf starting area, and i need to go to anvilmar, its like 20 steps away but the distance (that shows with the carbonite arrow on the game) says its like 65000 yards away ....not an issue really, not something i even care about, it just made me giggle and i wanted to ask if you thought that was carbonite or mapster doing that?

08-29-12, 06:33 PM   #193
jarda128
A Cyclonian
And now about something different ..
I will try rythal update,but as someone mention in previous post ...
there is site http://www.kickstarter.com/ which can help with funding indepent developers or simple creative people ..
wow plays milions people ... and many carbonite users download from curse.com it's about millions too ..
i think donttion goal will succesfull maybe 25k usd even 50k and i think 100k usd either ..
(adventure games community paid 500k usd for larry adventure and i think wow plays more people that old games)

Last edited by jarda128 : 08-29-12 at 07:23 PM.

08-29-12, 06:37 PM   #194
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by timatlee View Post
Someone needs to take a good look at the license agreement, and see if the community is allowed... wonder how busy the company lawyer is .. hmmm
(2) The Software (in both object and source code forms) constitutes valuable trade secret information of Company, and You may not reverse-engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code for the Software.

That's where the problem is. I didn't have to decompile it since it's already in source code when we get it, but to make changes and fix it up it along with adding the new maps, did require reverse engineering & disassembling how it works

08-29-12, 06:40 PM   #195
timatlee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jarda128 View Post
And now about something different ..
I will try rythar update,but as someone mention in previous post ...
there is site http://www.kickstarter.com/ which can help with funding indepent developers or simple creative people ..
wow plays milions people ... and many carbonite users download from curse.com it's about millions too ..
i think donttion goal will succesfull maybe 25k usd even 50k and i think 100k usd either ..
(adventure games community paid 500k usd for larry adventure and i think wow plays more people that old games)
I would participate in a kickstarter, provided that Rythal gets permission from the devs to work on it. He has expressed concern as to continue working on it without their permission, so I won't be pressuring him to work on it unless he A) wants to and/or B) gets permission.

I appreciate him fixing it for 5.0.4, but how far he takes it from here is up to him.

08-29-12, 06:41 PM   #196
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
you know Rythal, i really dont know, i admit that i am not very addon savvy, so when it comes to addons, i usually just leave them set up as they are, the only thing i really change in carbonite was the colors of my quests , and a few minor things like that, so whatever it is set with automatically is what i use i assume, i hate to sound dumb, but if you can tell me where to look to find out, i'll gladly do so

im not sure if this is carbonite or mapster related but like in the dwarf starting area, and i need to go to anvilmar, its like 20 steps away but the distance (that shows with the carbonite arrow on the game) says its like 65000 yards away ....not an issue really, not something i even care about, it just made me giggle and i wanted to ask if you thought that was carbonite or mapster doing that?
it could be either one.. hard to say, since the dwarf starting area *IS* 65000 yards away from anvil mar now on the map, every starting area is it's own instance since this update.. if I put the instance maps on the regular map like towns are, then dunmor gets covered by non-dunmor maps (between ironforge, new tinker town & coldwind pass).

How you check which one your using, is to go into carbonite options, then under quest the second or third from the top is Use Carbonite Quest POI's ... if it's checked your using carbonite, if it's unchecked your using blizzards.

08-29-12, 06:42 PM   #197
alivejamie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by chilidogg11 View Post
anyone else having a problem with the map in bg's? when i hit m and get the big cabonite map it shows everything but the smaller square of a map that normally sits on my screen in blank.

and again, ry i want you to have my babies.
Middle Click the map to center it

--

For those looking for a way to leave battlegrounds until a fix is out, you can type /afk

08-29-12, 06:46 PM   #198
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
it could be either one.. hard to say, since the dwarf starting area *IS* 65000 yards away from anvil mar now on the map, every starting area is it's own instance since this update.. if I put the instance maps on the regular map like towns are, then dunmor gets covered by non-dunmor maps (between ironforge, new tinker town & coldwind pass).

How you check which one your using, is to go into carbonite options, then under quest the second or third from the top is Use Carbonite Quest POI's ... if it's checked your using carbonite, if it's unchecked your using blizzards.
ah now see that makes sense, in a weird way but it does make sense, thats so weird how they did that with the update...insane lol thank you for explaining that in a way i could understand

and i just checked, im using Carbonite POI's

i want to reiterate a huge thank you for tackling this and keeping it up and running, i hope that by pointing out small things i encounter you arent thinking that im ungreatful, cause believe me, i am VERY greatful

08-29-12, 06:48 PM   #199
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
ah now see that makes sense, in a weird way but it does make sense, thats so weird how they did that with the update...insane lol thank you for explaining that in a way i could understand

and i just checked, im using Carbonite POI's

i want to reiterate a huge thank you for tackling this and keeping it up and running, i hope that by pointing out small things i encounter you arent thinking that im ungreatful, cause believe me, i am VERY greatful
Try turning off carbonite POI's for the new starting area's and see if it's more accurate... that was one reason I added switching to blizzards because the carbonite POI's were all incorrect now that it's instanced.

08-29-12, 07:06 PM   #200
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Try turning off carbonite POI's for the new starting area's and see if it's more accurate... that was one reason I added switching to blizzards because the carbonite POI's were all incorrect now that it's instanced.
Turned it off and it works perfectly thank you so much for your patience in answering all these silly questions.....now once i'm out of the starter area, using Carbonite POI's would be ok again yes?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?