04-10-08, 06:58 PM   #381
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's actually a feature of both JWU and WAU to do that. I believe both have the same problem. Also, tagging addons w/ .svn flags is not a very good practice. When they make updates to mods, they do it for good reason.

There are many reasons to use Bongos3 over version two. The biggest is in how the bars are created. Bongos3 actually support an arbitrary nunber of arbitrarily sized bars. Bongos2 does not, bar size is fixed to 120/(number of bars). Which is a problem when trying to setup MazzleUI to play nice with it. Also, Bongos3 has an incredibly improved configuration UI and process. Under the hood version three is way better than any previous version. From a user standpoint, Bongos3 is a lot simpler to use, has more features and properly implements several things added to the WoW client in recent patches.

It's also easier for other developers to setup; even though that wasn't a design consideration.
Oh i agree with that for the most part Aeth. If you go the route I do you Definitely need to pay attention to the updates and what they do for your setup. I run multi interface and wtf folders on multi systems keeping always a current updated version of my ui alongside the one I'm using and along with several dated backups. I modify most of the addons and the coding in them to get them to do what i want and how i want.
This is admittedly more than most gamers are going to be interested in doing but its just part of the fun for me. Fortunately MazzleUI has always been the best available IMHO and has required the least amount of tinkering on my part to get it to do what i want. I have a lot of friends who ask me for my UI and i always give them a flat no due to the fact Ive made so many alterations to all the orig addon creators work that i don't feel comfortable distributing it. Fortunately theres always Mazzle for me to point them too

As far as bongos3 goes, yeah i think they are on the right track there. Currently i run into a few conflicts with it in my testing that are unresolvable for the time being but expecting updates to correct in the near future. When that happens ill prob switch over to B3 as well.

And i find ace WAU to be just a bit more intelligent and forgiving than jwu.
04-11-08, 08:32 AM   #382
ionewolf2002
A Kobold Labourer
i doint know if any one else is geting thise but since the patch i ihave done all the tweaks hear on the thread and have no problem mazzifying but o nsighn in and at random entervals i get the mazzifier little dwarf voice in extreamy lkoud volume scream during sighn in of my cheracters and during play time not a really major thing just thought id ask have not seen thise problem listed in the thread i am new hear but i have been using mazzle for about 4 mounths now and it is the best ui i have used ever also when the patch comes out do we watch thise thread for the down load or do we watch the mazzleui dowload page were we download the core and detards patches thanks
04-11-08, 11:40 AM   #383
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ionewolf2002 View Post
i doint know if any one else is geting thise but since the patch i ihave done all the tweaks hear on the thread and have no problem mazzifying but o nsighn in and at random entervals i get the mazzifier little dwarf voice in extreamy lkoud volume scream during sighn in of my cheracters and during play time not a really major thing just thought id ask have not seen thise problem listed in the thread i am new hear but i have been using mazzle for about 4 mounths now and it is the best ui i have used ever also when the patch comes out do we watch thise thread for the down load or do we watch the mazzleui dowload page were we download the core and detards patches thanks
if the screams are *fatality* then its bug sack..just disable bugsack if everything else seems ok
04-11-08, 10:30 PM   #384
dcwind
A Defias Bandit

Red face oops… did I just blow it?

I'm not too sure what just happened so I could really use some assistance from you all.
FIRST: I downloaded & installed the 3 files for Mazzle (as prescribed).
-The Addons page showed that 4 files had dependencies missing: MazzleUI for Mazzifier, Mazzle Options, & the UISkin - Arabian Tiles, plus Ace 2, Babble 2.2, BanzaiLib, MetroGnome, Discord Unit Frames & RosterLib for MazzleUI its own fine self.

SECOND: I changed the code lines in the instructions on page 7 (VERY carefully).
-When I logged into the game & pressed the Mazzifier button, I got the cool spell/zapping animation, but I never got an ACCEPT CHANGES button.

THIRD: After playing around (carefully!) with some of the preferences & stuff, I updated everything with JWoW updater.

NOW: I seem to have gone right back to square one where it says the same 4 files have the same dependencies missing.

Gulp… what have I done wrong, & more importantly, what can I do about it?!?

Thank you for such an OUTSTANDING program, I am such a fan! (Even if I did go and break it… DOH!) <slaps self up side of head>

PS Please tell me I haven't screwed everything up completely, and must now wander in the desert for 40 years!

Ok, found the answer in a post here. Just download the latest BanzaiLib and place it in the AddOns folder, et voíla, the missing dependencies are no longer missing! Seems that the JWoW updater 'forgot' to update and reload that little item! Course, I STILL can't achieve a Mazzlegasm, but I'm working on that. All by myself, unfortunately…

Last edited by dcwind : 04-12-08 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Fixed it.
04-12-08, 01:27 AM   #385
Venüs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Any one upload 2.4.0 Mazzle addons here...
04-12-08, 09:00 AM   #386
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by dcwind View Post
I'm not too sure what just happened so I could really use some assistance from you all.
FIRST: I downloaded & installed the 3 files for Mazzle (as prescribed).
-The Addons page showed that 4 files had dependencies missing: MazzleUI for Mazzifier, Mazzle Options, & the UISkin - Arabian Tiles, plus Ace 2, Babble 2.2, BanzaiLib, MetroGnome, Discord Unit Frames & RosterLib for MazzleUI its own fine self.

SECOND: I changed the code lines in the instructions on page 7 (VERY carefully).
-When I logged into the game & pressed the Mazzifier button, I got the cool spell/zapping animation, but I never got an ACCEPT CHANGES button.

THIRD: After playing around (carefully!) with some of the preferences & stuff, I updated everything with JWoW updater.

NOW: I seem to have gone right back to square one where it says the same 4 files have the same dependencies missing.

Gulp… what have I done wrong, & more importantly, what can I do about it?!?

Thank you for such an OUTSTANDING program, I am such a fan! (Even if I did go and break it… DOH!) <slaps self up side of head>

PS Please tell me I haven't screwed everything up completely, and must now wander in the desert for 40 years!

Ok, found the answer in a post here. Just download the latest BanzaiLib and place it in the AddOns folder, et voíla, the missing dependencies are no longer missing! Seems that the JWoW updater 'forgot' to update and reload that little item! Course, I STILL can't achieve a Mazzlegasm, but I'm working on that. All by myself, unfortunately…
I'm surprised you're able to try to mazzify w/ missing dependencies like that.
One thing we've come across is JWU and/or WAU don't look at the dependencies for non Ace addons. Make sure to add BanzaiLib if it's been removed because the updater thought it wasn't needed. It would also help to add BanzaiLib to the whitelist of stuff not to be removed.

I can't say much more than that without knowing what errors you're getting that are preventing the second button. Check your bugsack.

Originally Posted by Venüs View Post
Any one upload 2.4.0 Mazzle addons here...
Workin on it...
04-13-08, 02:37 AM   #387
dcwind
A Defias Bandit

oh boy… now I'm REALLY embarrassed

First of all, I GOT MAZZIFIED! Not only that, I went through every FAQ, and every option setting, and (almost) everything works! There's just one or two itsy bitsy little things that aren't quite so wonderful, just at the moment, but I'm still here and so is my main character. Now, I count that as a bonus any day of the week!
<ahem> However, about that embarrassing bit… Somehow, someway, I've managed to fix it so that my left arrow key doesn't turn me anymore. The other arrow keys all work just fine, just like they used to 9 1/2 hours of intensive and occasionally terrifying labor at my keyboard. Just in case you missed it, that was nine and one-half HOURS ago that I began THIS session of the process of Mazzification. That isn't a criticism, mind you, just an indication of my level of dedication, and, let's be real, just plain old exhaustion! I am quite, QUITE, sure that somewhere, in the mass of adjustments I've made along the way, I somehow bound that key to something else, but I'm just too daggone tired to try & chase it down.
So, I thought I'd try asking all you helpful and infinitely more knowledgeable folk here if you might have an idea how I could go about finding what, exactly, I have done to create this humiliating crisis.
…anyone? …help?
From an exhausted, humiliated, yet still a 'really, really BIG fan' of this truly amazing UI.

EDIT: OK, then. Got some rest, got some caffeine on board and I'm back & rarin' to go!
I now, belatedly, remember that while I was setting button bindings in Bongos my cat jumped up & caused me to accidentally set the left arrow key as one of my bindings. Of course, I 'erased' that & put in the correct choice, but I would assume that that unbound the original turn signal setting for my arrow key. Unfortunately, right off hand, I can't think how I get that particular binding back (I guess the caffeine hasn't totally kicked in yet)!
While I'm at it, I might as well bring up those few teensy weensy issues I mentioned earlier.

1) No BugSack icon on FuBar: I put the icon on the MiniMap & it works fine, I just can't get the icon to show up on the FuBar.

2) 3D figure is up in the upper left-hand corner under my nameplate. If I click on it, the pedestal pops up (empty) over the MiniMap but I can't do anything with it. If I click anywhere on it, it just disappears.

Anyhoo, that's about it for right now. Gonna go back to messin', & see if I can find some of the answers myself. But if anyone out there in MazzleLand can help me out, it would be really, really, REALLY appreciated!!!

EDIT: <sigh> Got the issue with the left arrow key sorted, (just put back the Character Folder that I had removed in order to put in the latest DUF files. Now <gggrrrRRR>:
!) I can't Mazzify, neither Complete, nor Update, NOR Custom (which is how I got it to work the first, & please, GOD, not the ONLY time).
2) AFTER the failed Mazzify attempts, I opened my spellbook & loaded them into Bongo's buttons, (opened & closed it several times in fact), decided, WhatEVER, I'm gonna PLAY THIS GAME even if it's NOT perfect, tried to open my spell window for some reason, and voíla, the spellbook is way up in the upper left corner of the screen, with only the right edge tabs showing!!! And will that sucker move??? Not just no, but H#$$ no!!!
<Breathing deeply, turning red in the face, & jumping up & down while screaming like a banshee! Which for some reason seems to tickle my cats. They're all rofl at me. I hate being laughed at by cats.>
OK, calmer now. It just so happens that I made a point of saving the error I got when I failed my Mazzlegasm test, and here it is, in all its petulant glory:

[2008/04/13 14:02:41-37-x1]: Sanity2\Sanity.lua:197: AceHook-2.1: Attempt to hook method "SetMerchantCompareItem" failed, it does not exist in the given object "table: 0x1d6f0a10".
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):926: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):910: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>

---

Now, isn't THAT special. If anone is out there within sound of my voice (which could be nearly 500 miles by now) please, PLEASE help me sort out this thing before I assassinate my computer!

PS: I apologize for the ranting (although I have deep suspicons that some of you are out there are rofl, just like my cats… ah HAH! Caught you, didn't I!)
gain, I apologize, and thank one and all, in advance, for ANY assistance, or even just some tranquilizers.

EDIT: oh well. Never mind then.

Last edited by dcwind : 04-14-08 at 08:48 AM. Reason: I'd rather play the game.
04-13-08, 08:00 PM   #388
lectrcsprx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ATSW bug

when i activate atsw and try to look thru list it locks up the comp for about 20 secs..I cant get it to run correctly. Ive attached the bugsack screenshot thinking maybe someone can help me get it going again.

04-13-08, 08:37 PM   #389
Ariele
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by lectrcsprx View Post
when i activate atsw and try to look thru list it locks up the comp for about 20 secs..I cant get it to run correctly. Ive attached the bugsack screenshot thinking maybe someone can help me get it going again.

Update your ATSW to new version i see you are still using 0.6.6
there is new out there 0.6.10. Had the same problem with freezing the game for 20-30sec until i update it to new version. get it here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...illWindow.html
04-14-08, 08:08 AM   #390
gutkin
A Murloc Raider
I miss mazzle!

Mazzle I know you're not actively playing anymore, but have you considered updating mazzle for subscription? I know I would pay a reasonable amount to continue using your UI, I bet there quite a few other who would do the same.
04-14-08, 08:55 AM   #391
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by dcwind View Post
EDIT: <sigh> Got the issue with the left arrow key sorted, (just put back the Character Folder that I had removed in order to put in the latest DUF files. Now <gggrrrRRR>:
All you had to do was go into the movement section of the Blizzard key bindings and re-bind it.
04-14-08, 11:39 AM   #392
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by gutkin View Post
Mazzle I know you're not actively playing anymore, but have you considered updating mazzle for subscription? I know I would pay a reasonable amount to continue using your UI, I bet there quite a few other who would do the same.
Amen brother! I second that!!
04-14-08, 11:46 AM   #393
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One thing I'm trying to understand, how do you guys go about making this ting work? Do you just go through all the options in-game while mazzifying until something works? Or do you go into code editing??

I'm using a Mac and I have had issues in the past running the UI but now I just can't get it to work all that well. I'm almost back to what it was, but I can't have square buttons, circles only.
Frustrating is that by the time I get it working Blizzard will come up with another disrupting patch.

Mazzle dude, how about publishing an updated PC version and a MAC version whenever needed and you and PAYPAL can have a chat? Playing Warcraft without your UI is just not the same at all.
04-14-08, 12:15 PM   #394
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had two error in bugsack. One was something to do with Tinytips, which I disabled and the other is;

1.(x1) Mazzifier-1.1\mazzifier_configs.lua:348:couldn't find CVar named 'unit name player'

Can anyone shed some light on what that means?
04-14-08, 12:31 PM   #395
Venüs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
C'mon mazzle update pls LOVE U
04-14-08, 03:18 PM   #396
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
I have a completely updated and working Interface folder now...can I not upload it so that everyone else won't have to do the same edits to the code?

W
04-14-08, 05:05 PM   #397
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Wolfang View Post
I have a completely updated and working Interface folder now...can I not upload it so that everyone else won't have to do the same edits to the code?

W
Unfortunately... no, you can not. By using Mazzle UI you agreed to the copyright published within the files which states that you may NOT redistribute an edited version of the files, without permission.

To all the "WE LOVE MAZZLE"ers, we all do to, but Mazzle has stated several times that he will not be returning to WoW in the foreseeable future. WoW just does not hold the "glam" for Mazzle that he is looking for. I personally will try to keep Mazzle going until Mazz does return.

04-14-08, 05:17 PM   #398
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Mazzle, may I have permission to distribute an updated for everyone who is clamoring for it?

W
04-14-08, 06:50 PM   #399
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzle how about $20 paypal for every working updated version for my mac?? Must be a onetime down load and install process though please..
04-14-08, 07:38 PM   #400
Garb
A Murloc Raider
Can someone please upload a working version/patch? Usually I can get it going this way, I seem to be hopelessly lost here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread