04-14-08, 09:47 PM   #401
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by gutkin View Post
Mazzle I know you're not actively playing anymore, but have you considered updating mazzle for subscription? I know I would pay a reasonable amount to continue using your UI, I bet there quite a few other who would do the same.
This was something Mazzle considered a while back, when he was still playing WoW if I remember correctly. But I think most of it is now updated by people like Aethenelle.

Originally Posted by navas View Post
I had two error in bugsack. One was something to do with Tinytips, which I disabled and the other is;

1.(x1) Mazzifier-1.1\mazzifier_configs.lua:348:couldn't find CVar named 'unit name player'

Can anyone shed some light on what that means?
Tiny tip has been having some issues. I recommend completely removing all of its related components and installing it again. You'll probably have to set it up yourself though, it's not too difficult.
For the CVar named 'unit name player', for the love of god read the first post of this thread. You'll have to make this fix in Notepad

Originally Posted by Venüs View Post
C'mon mazzle update pls LOVE U
Aethenelle posted around the 8th of this month that he hoped to have an update coming in about a week, keep your fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Garb View Post
Can someone please upload a working version/patch? Usually I can get it going this way, I seem to be hopelessly lost here.
Have you tried following all the fixes in the original post?
04-14-08, 10:06 PM   #402
Garb
A Murloc Raider
I tried they aren't quite as exact as I'm used to from these forums. So im messing something up somewhere
04-15-08, 04:38 AM   #403
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wolfang View Post
Mazzle, may I have permission to distribute an updated for everyone who is clamoring for it?

W
Aethenelle is working on both a bug fix download and an updated add-on download. If you have new contributions to either of those items, I'd suggest contacting him.

Originally Posted by Bdro View Post
This was something Mazzle considered a while back, when he was still playing WoW if I remember correctly. But I think most of it is now updated by people like Aethenelle.
First bug fix patch was compiled by Meio. Second one was by Detard. This one looks to be done by Aethenelle.
04-15-08, 11:05 AM   #404
Munkwards
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

Aethenelle is working on both a bug fix download and an updated add-on download. If you have new contributions to either of those items, I'd suggest contacting him.

First bug fix patch was compiled by Meio. Second one was by Detard. This one looks to be done by Aethenelle.
w00t Thanks For the update
04-15-08, 11:29 AM   #405
Garb
A Murloc Raider
Ok Im still getting two errors on mazzifying new chars.

[2008/04/15 13:23:34-154-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:409: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'

and

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

I changed the code like it said, and updated DUF but still not working
04-15-08, 01:13 PM   #406
Bdro
A Cyclonian
To fix this:
Originally Posted by Garb
[2008/04/15 13:23:34-154-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:409: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'
Open up your Mazzifier/Mazzifier.lua in notepad. Go to line 409.

Code:
SetCvar("UnitNamePlayer","1")
Comment or remove each and replace in both positions with:

Code:
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPlayerName","1")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPlayerName","1")
04-15-08, 06:04 PM   #407
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Id just like to post in here, that i see alot of people are still having the error about the cvar lines and people keep stating things in frustration about referring to the first post.

Id just like to say from experience that myself and im sure plenty of others that have posted here HAVE made the changes as posted in the first post but to no avail.

I personally have went in depth as far as copy and pasteing of this topic/typing it myself/commenting the lines out and even tried just deleting them all together just to see. All to no avail, whatever the issue is for some reason whether it be added add ons or different configurations or whatever, not every person is able to fix the problem with the directions in this post.

Not trying to sound like im nagging but those of us who this fix did not work for would also appeciate some help and the directions was to post here with the errors and the problems so that is what people are still doing.

Just dont assume that when a person posts that they are having the issue with the cvar error that they did not follow the fix in this post.

Last edited by yimano : 04-15-08 at 06:06 PM.
04-15-08, 06:18 PM   #408
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
I am happy to upload my edited MazzleUI that works with no bugs in the bugsack. Realize my goal is to have a core download that is 2.4 patched without having to DL one set then DL another set, etc., ala Detard's workthrough.

Just need the OK to do it. So far I don't have it (see above posts)

W
04-15-08, 06:45 PM   #409
Machineblaze
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, i've followed all your steps but still am having a problem. The whole mazzification works out alright but i get the 'fatality' sound.

my bugsack only has witchhunt in it, which i disabled and for some reason am still getting a DUF bug.

this is the thing that is messing me up.

I have a widescreen and mazzle won't make it go into widescreen. it does it's mazzification and then it's in standard resolution. I can't change it.

I went and did the DUF update at
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&postcount=276

but that still didn't help.

help please?
04-15-08, 08:33 PM   #410
Bdro
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Machineblaze View Post
I have a widescreen and mazzle won't make it go into widescreen. it does it's mazzification and then it's in standard resolution. I can't change it.
What aspect ratio did you select?
04-15-08, 10:09 PM   #411
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by yimano View Post
Id just like to post in here, that i see alot of people are still having the error about the cvar lines and people keep stating things in frustration about referring to the first post.

Id just like to say from experience that myself and im sure plenty of others that have posted here HAVE made the changes as posted in the first post but to no avail.

I personally have went in depth as far as copy and pasteing of this topic/typing it myself/commenting the lines out and even tried just deleting them all together just to see. All to no avail, whatever the issue is for some reason whether it be added add ons or different configurations or whatever, not every person is able to fix the problem with the directions in this post.

Not trying to sound like im nagging but those of us who this fix did not work for would also appeciate some help and the directions was to post here with the errors and the problems so that is what people are still doing.

Just dont assume that when a person posts that they are having the issue with the cvar error that they did not follow the fix in this post.
I thought the same thing but if you go back and search you will most likely find one still in there. I had actually thought for a while something was changing it back... Just go back and double check. The whole custom actions to mazzify was the same thing I got. For a while I thought it was a problem with an addon. But it was the config. Check it one more time and be sure to do a search not just going to the line numbers in the instructions.
04-16-08, 01:56 AM   #412
TonyStarks10304
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation HELP! Mazzify problems!

Thank you so much to everyone working hard on keeping this UI alive . . I can't play without it!

So I'm freaking out here cause I can't get my UI to setup correctly. I have mazzified several times in the past and I just installed on a new computer so it has been a few patches since I tried mazzifying. Anyway, I downloaded the core and Detard's packages, did everything exactly as explained. When I Mazzify, it doesnt apply any of the options I selected in the mazzify menu. For example, I ask for square buttons, it gives me round; I ask for Mazzle's RogueUI and it gives me bongos buttons scattered all over the bottom of my screen; I ask for a certain skin at the bottom and it always gives me the Elven metal skin. The chat box appears behind the elven skin . . mods install that I told it not to such as KTM (I use omen) and others. I'm totally confused . . I did my best to read through as much as this patch 2.4 fixes forum as I could and couldn't find any help . . I see all kinds of people saying that mazzify worked fine for them except for a few minor issues. I checked bug sack and it doesn't display a single error. I dunno what to do! Please help! I've never had a problem mazzifying!
04-16-08, 08:23 AM   #413
navas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was the round button problem as well, everything else seems to be ok. I replaced the 'cvar' lines and it didn't do much other then relocate the window that describe items or players when I hover the mouse pointer over them.
04-16-08, 08:33 AM   #414
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TonyStarks10304 View Post
Thank you so much to everyone working hard on keeping this UI alive . . I can't play without it!

So I'm freaking out here cause I can't get my UI to setup correctly. I have mazzified several times in the past and I just installed on a new computer so it has been a few patches since I tried mazzifying. Anyway, I downloaded the core and Detard's packages, did everything exactly as explained. When I Mazzify, it doesnt apply any of the options I selected in the mazzify menu. For example, I ask for square buttons, it gives me round; I ask for Mazzle's RogueUI and it gives me bongos buttons scattered all over the bottom of my screen; I ask for a certain skin at the bottom and it always gives me the Elven metal skin. The chat box appears behind the elven skin . . mods install that I told it not to such as KTM (I use omen) and others. I'm totally confused . . I did my best to read through as much as this patch 2.4 fixes forum as I could and couldn't find any help . . I see all kinds of people saying that mazzify worked fine for them except for a few minor issues. I checked bug sack and it doesn't display a single error. I dunno what to do! Please help! I've never had a problem mazzifying!
If it's not configuring things it should be, you are either turned them off or are almost certainly getting an error. If you think you're not getting any errors, my guess is that you're simply not checking at the right times. Remember that any time your UI is reloaded, any errors that occur are cleared. If you're looking for an error, you must check both immediately before and after you hit the reload button. Make sure to find the bugsack icon and see that it's empty (not being able to find it does not equal no errors). And make sure to read everything in your main chat frame for anything that sounds like an error.
04-16-08, 08:36 AM   #415
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by navas View Post
I was the round button problem as well, everything else seems to be ok. I replaced the 'cvar' lines and it didn't do much other then relocate the window that describe items or players when I hover the mouse pointer over them.
Changing those lines will fix little in and of itself. It just stops that error from interrupting the configuration process. You still have to do re-do Mazzification and get no other errors.
04-16-08, 11:47 AM   #416
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
I thought the same thing but if you go back and search you will most likely find one still in there. I had actually thought for a while something was changing it back... Just go back and double check. The whole custom actions to mazzify was the same thing I got. For a while I thought it was a problem with an addon. But it was the config. Check it one more time and be sure to do a search not just going to the line numbers in the instructions.
Actually when i was doing this i didnt even go by line number when looking for the lines to change i use the find option to locate all lines with setcvar in it. But for others having the problem too i will post here what i finally did to get everything working as its suppose to minus the combat log but im not really worried about that chat frame myself.

I went into the files at said lines as per OP. And I commented them out by placeing a -- at the beginning of the line. I did this to all the said lines in the fix post. I DID NOT replace the lines they said to replace only commented out of them.

I then followed the link in this thread to the Discoard update and followed those instructions of the downloading the library and the unit frames files and replacing them in my folder.

I then went in and deleted my WTF folder with my character profiles.

Once i did those three things i went back in and mazzified and it went through just beautiful. Got my second button everything was where it was suppose to be. And so i went on and mazzified all my characters again and all with no problem getting the second button. I even created a new toon and mazzified him with no problem.

Now i did still get a few errors but it was stuff with cartographer and a couple other little things that dont cause problems and are related to some outdated stuff. But nothing big and Im happy to say my mazzle is back to being fully functional except the combat chat and i never really used it anyhow for any major reference.

Thanks to all the posters here with the help they have posted and thanks to mazzle for a great UI!
04-16-08, 02:51 PM   #417
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
If you download combat filter from ace

You can configure it from these.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...t=15477&page=2
Originally Posted by Verissi View Post
Sure! On a basic level, I created two filters: one for damage caused by me (named it "Outgoing") and one for damage received by me (named it "Incoming").

On the "Outgoing" filter, under "Done by:", I checked myself and the pet boxes, then selected all but auras and spell casting messages in the Event Types tab. For formatting and colours, I picked everything except "Entire line" and "Use verbose mode", since I like the text to be not-so-verbose and have it showing braces for Items. This lets my outgoing damage log to be readable and generally similar to what I was used to seeing before 2.4. The filter output is set to ChatFrame6 for this filter.

For the "Incoming" filter, I selected very similar options overall. Of course, I checked myself and pet under "Done to:" instead of what I did for the Outgoing filter to ensure that it only shows me info on things that happen to me (and any pet I might have). I also selected all event types, since I raid frequently and like to see boss auras/casts/etc logged. For colours and formatting, I used the same options as I did with "Incoming", again to more closely match the output that I was used to pre-2.4. The filter output is set for ChatFrame7 for this filter.

If you do less raiding or more PvP, there are other event types that you may want to check or uncheck, but that's more personal taste. The above should get people started with CombatFilter, though, without having to resort to moving chat windows around and messing with Blizzard's awful combat log interface.

Hope this helps!
04-16-08, 02:54 PM   #418
TheFrozenWrath6
A Kobold Labourer
Is there an updated ETA for when the new version of MazzleUI will be coming out, i love this UI and i miss it!
04-16-08, 05:48 PM   #419
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Okay....So I'm back after...what....a couple of weeks? Anyways...Yesterday - Tuesday, April 15 - my laptop completely crashed on me. Had to take it in somewhere and have them look it over. They did some repair file thing and THANKFULLY it didn't cost me anything. Not even a penny.

Now....That's THAT backstory for this...Not sayin that Mazzle or WoW had anything to do with the crash in any way, shape, or form, but the after fact concerns Mazzle.

So I checked WoW to make sure it was working and it's all good. So...I logged back out and did the 'Load All Out of Date Data' thing, or w/e it says. I unchecked those I don't need/use and loaded Mazzle.

So far so good...

Now when I try Mazzifying, the process freezes and I don't get a 'Finish Spell!!!!' button.

I'm also getting this message:

Interface/AddOns/Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342:Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'

Could anyone please help me on what to do to fix this. I tried doing a custom mode mazzification as well and I got the 'Finish Spell!!!' button but after my UI reloaded the Mazzifier window came back up as if I had to mazzify again.

Below is what the screen looks like AFTER I press the 'Mazzify Me' button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	problems.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1720  
04-16-08, 07:41 PM   #420
ArchaicVampyre
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by heavens-reject View Post
Okay....So I'm back after...what....a couple of weeks? Anyways...Yesterday - Tuesday, April 15 - my laptop completely crashed on me. Had to take it in somewhere and have them look it over. They did some repair file thing and THANKFULLY it didn't cost me anything. Not even a penny.

Now....That's THAT backstory for this...Not sayin that Mazzle or WoW had anything to do with the crash in any way, shape, or form, but the after fact concerns Mazzle.

So I checked WoW to make sure it was working and it's all good. So...I logged back out and did the 'Load All Out of Date Data' thing, or w/e it says. I unchecked those I don't need/use and loaded Mazzle.

So far so good...

Now when I try Mazzifying, the process freezes and I don't get a 'Finish Spell!!!!' button.

I'm also getting this message:

Interface/AddOns/Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342:Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'

Could anyone please help me on what to do to fix this. I tried doing a custom mode mazzification as well and I got the 'Finish Spell!!!' button but after my UI reloaded the Mazzifier window came back up as if I had to mazzify again.

Below is what the screen looks like AFTER I press the 'Mazzify Me' button.
If you bothered to read back through the thread that information was posted.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread