09-03-10, 08:48 AM   #1
Sheathlol
A Murloc Raider
Runebar question regarding rune order

i have loved oUF runebar since installing it a little while back, however i noticed in this latest build the rune order has been changed, i've searched for hours trying to find the right lines of code to change, and experimented with the lua and only changed the colors, and not the runes themselves, could someone point me in the right direction please?

currently the rune order on my ui is BBUUFF i would like it to go back to
BBFFUU

thank you in advance i'm a bit new to .lua tweaking
09-03-10, 09:35 AM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
In 1.3.x you could do this by just providing a runeMap table. This was something which was removed in 1.4, but some of the code is actually still there in the rune element.

Anyway, change your rune code to do the following before and after the positioning loop:
Code:
runes[3], runes[5] = runes[5], runes[3]
runes[4], runes[6] = runes[6], runes[4]
Change runes to whatever you have named your runes table.

This is really one of the quirks with the current rune element in 1.4, but I haven't really figured out a good solution to it yet.
09-04-10, 02:21 AM   #3
Sheathlol
A Murloc Raider
@ Haste : thank you sir

i'm going to see what i can do with the runemap and see if i can swap the runes around, thank you for your quick reply and your help. Just got off of work and i was hoping someone would answer. wish me luck
09-04-10, 03:19 AM   #4
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Sheathlol View Post
i'm going to see what i can do with the runemap and see if i can swap the runes around, thank you for your quick reply and your help. Just got off of work and i was hoping someone would answer. wish me luck
runeMap was "removed". The current runeMap code in 1.4 does nothing. The code above is what you want to do, and it pretty much does what runeMap would do by default in the early 1.4 releases (before it actually was 1.4 ).

Just execute the above code before and after your positioning loop and you'll get the outcome you want.
09-06-10, 03:41 AM   #5
Sheathlol
A Murloc Raider
unsuccessful lua edits

i spent quite some time trying to swap them around with that, however this is part of my problem

Code:

that's exactly how it shows in my lua now, and it is showing BBUUFF
i've tried swapping the numbers, to no avail. both before and after the positioning loops. even swapping the
Code:
local runeMap = runes.runeMap
		if(runeMap) then
			for f, t in pairs(runeMap) do
				runes[f], runes[t] = runes[t], runes[f]
swapping t and f as well, did nothing for me.

i suppose i'm a little too new at lua editing to figure this out. My frustration is epic. it seems as though the solution is simple, but i can't seem to figure it out
09-06-10, 03:48 AM   #6
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
runes.runeMap doesn't do anything in 1.4. It's a feature which was removed, but not removed entirely.

You have to manually do it in your layout code. You have to add those two lines above and below the positioning code. Also known as the point where you execute :SetPoint() on the rune statusbars.

Basically:
Code:
for i=1,6 do 
 -- create runes
end

-- swap frost and unholy runes, so they get correctly aligned.

for i=1,6 do
 -- position runes
end

-- swap unholy and frost back so they get correctly updated.
runeMap is something I want to return, because the above process is cumbersome. I've yet to figure out how I can do it without creating extra complications for both me and the author.
09-06-10, 06:16 AM   #7
Sheathlol
A Murloc Raider
thank you again

i'm gonna see what i can do, i didn't expect a response so quickly. i found runebar through the ui mod tukui, and that was the first addon i had to do any sort of lua tweaking. i appreciate your patience and your help. time for me to /reloadui 83 times haha thanks again sir

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Runebar question regarding rune order