03-15-11, 12:32 PM   #1
ctsboss
A Defias Bandit
Old UI Not Deleting when installing new UI

Hey

So here is my problem I had a UI (chaosvoid) loaded and went to load a new one and the old one is still there the graphic boxes the add ons etc. stuff from the New UI is loading but not correctly no matter what I do. I have followed all directions, going so far as to even delete the WTF and Interface folders and then unzipping the new UI, even THEN the old UI is still there. I have a US and EU clients, this is happening with the US client (I Havent messed with the EU yet as I want to be able to play while im trying to fix this issue) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M
Fannia on Ravencrest
03-15-11, 03:22 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know this may sound dumb, but I'm covering all bases. You mention having 2 copies of the WoW client. Are you sure you've been trying to install the addon on the correct one? Example, you may be trying to install it on the EU client and running the US client to look for changes.

Also, what OS are you using? There have been reports of Vista doing strange things with the WoW client. I'm not sure if Windows 7 inherits this problem too.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 03-15-11 at 03:28 PM.
03-15-11, 03:24 PM   #3
ctsboss
A Defias Bandit
Yes all the work I am doing is in the US client not the EU, i have them installed in separate folders and was VERY careful to make sure all the work is on the US client.
03-15-11, 03:27 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You don't have them installed in Program Files on Vista or Win7, do you?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-15-11, 03:28 PM   #5
ctsboss
A Defias Bandit
Actually yes, Win 7 installed in Program Files X86\World of WarcraftEU and World of WarcraftUS folders.

Is there an issue with that location?
03-15-11, 03:30 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You're dealing with the Virtual Store. Program Files is not the default install location for a reason.

Move them to a different directory (ex. C:\Games\World of Warcraft) and then you can do what you like with your addons, WTF folder, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-15-11, 03:58 PM   #7
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You're dealing with the Virtual Store. Program Files is not the default install location for a reason.

Move them to a different directory (ex. C:\Games\World of Warcraft) and then you can do what you like with your addons, WTF folder, etc.
I just did an install of wow using the streaming client and it defaults to c:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft. Add-ons go into ...World of Warcraft\Interface\addons just fine, no issues.
03-16-11, 11:55 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Only if you're running everything as Administrator. Otherwise, they all go to the VirtualStore, which is located (by default) at:

C:\users\<Windows_Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons

Because only Administrator has the ability to put anything into Program Files or Program Files (x86) - when a program isn't run as Administrator, all that stuff ends up in the VirtualStore instead.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Old UI Not Deleting when installing new UI