04-07-13, 05:27 AM   #1
taheen74
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mousewheelup/down bindings

Would like a way to use mousewheel up and mousewheel (including the shift/ctrl/alt functions) down in the bindings editor. Trying to make my healing set up as close to my vuhdo bindings as possible, for example:

Mousewheel up is my healing rain
Mousewheel down is my chain heal
Shift mousewheel up is my earth shield
shift mousewheel down is my water shield

If it's already in there- which one is it considered?

Let's just say I'm LUA-ically stupid and have no idea where I would go to even begin to put these into the code.

Last edited by taheen74 : 04-08-13 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Posting this elsewhere but keeping it as a suggestion
04-15-13, 01:44 PM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I have some bad news.

Mousewheel as a spell binding is not possible.

Sorry
04-16-13, 05:03 AM   #3
taheen74
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by sigg View Post
I have some bad news.

Mousewheel as a spell binding is not possible.

Sorry
What about a function binding? Sorry should have clarified.

Addons like Vuhdo and healbot are able to do that without messing with any other functions or dinking up any of the blizzard bindings themselves. For example, Vuhdo's code has the MOUSEWHEELUP function set as "w1" (I've been looking up LUA/function stuff- only reason I figured this out).

In their options box- when you first open the addon in game,they have a place for left click, right click, middle click, and mousewheel up and mousewheel down click (functionality). All you do is just input what spells/macro you want to use for that click. There's no "binding" about it- it's similar to what you have under the healing binds options.

Hopefully, this makes more sense in what I'm trying to explain. Your addon would be perfect for me- except for this one thing.

I'm not gonna post everything I have in my shaman's LUA file, but it looks like this for their wheel up assignment:

["WHEEL"] = {
["1"] = {
"", -- [1]
"-w1", -- [2]
"Nature's Rain", -- [3]

Last edited by taheen74 : 04-16-13 at 06:47 AM.
04-16-13, 07:08 AM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Are you asking about binding a mouse button or wheel to perform click-casting? If yes, then RDX supports that on unit frames. Most of the themes that Sigg made have click-casting built in already.
04-16-13, 05:52 PM   #5
taheen74
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Are you asking about binding a mouse button or wheel to perform click-casting? If yes, then RDX supports that on unit frames. Most of the themes that Sigg made have click-casting built in already.
Yessir- the wheel bininding for click casting. This is what I'm talking about. The way he has the options set up in the spellbinding interface (not the button binds but the actually frames binding interface), none of the mouse/button options he has works with my wheelup/down. It has left/right/middle mouse (which work fine), buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7- none of which work for scrolling.

My WoW mouse (Razor Naga) requires no configuration for anything in game- works just like a normal mouse does. Asides from left/right click casting works fine. The mousewheel buttons, however, don't and I'm not able to bind them period..

Last edited by taheen74 : 04-16-13 at 05:56 PM.
04-20-13, 12:05 AM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I don't know how other addons provide the Wheel feature but something I am sure, it is not standard.

From the file SecureTemplates.xml :

Code:
 <!-- A variant of SecureActionButtonTemplate used for unit buttons -->
    <Button name="SecureUnitButtonTemplate" inherits="SecureFrameTemplate" virtual="true">
        <Scripts>
            <OnClick function="SecureUnitButton_OnClick"/>
        </Scripts>
    </Button>
There is no OnMouseWheel script.

Sorry, I have fixed a issue with button click 10 to 15 in github.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: Feature Requests » Mousewheelup/down bindings