03-09-11, 09:28 PM   #301
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Now you just need to hide those Chat Tabs for when they're not in use, and make them appear on mouse-over / flash.

03-09-11, 09:37 PM   #302
Ulostthegame
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ahh, that's because I'm lazy and it's a jpg. Would look the same as an attachment.

I'll prolly set chat tabs to show while resting/flash/mouseover.

03-09-11, 09:46 PM   #303
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
your picture is all blurry and hard to see :3 at least to me it is, it doesn't seem to be the right resolution at all.
It is resized to 1600x1000, which as far as I am aware, is not used by ANY monitors on the market. 1680x1020, however, IS a very common resolution. If it was resizing it to 1600x1000, it would throw everything out of whack, so to speak. Try uploading it as an attachment, as then we can basically see the original file's size and quality, for the most part

EDIT: Just saw your post, d'oh! Still, the resizing issue might be fixed via attaching, who knows? Try to get them in your native resolution, as then they'll be nice and clear

03-09-11, 10:14 PM   #304
Ulostthegame
A Theradrim Guardian
Yeah, I occasionally upload them as pngs or hq jpgs, but generally just go for a quick upload to show kind of a basic layout.
As for getting them up in my native res, they're showing as 1680x1020 for me (looking at the images properties) and Safari auto thumbnails them in the browser to like 500x something.

03-10-11, 08:21 AM   #305
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ulostthegame View Post
Yeah, I occasionally upload them as pngs or hq jpgs, but generally just go for a quick upload to show kind of a basic layout.
As for getting them up in my native res, they're showing as 1680x1020 for me (looking at the images properties) and Safari auto thumbnails them in the browser to like 500x something.
ya, just try use the attachment options, makes things easier imo then uploading them and posting.

But I think I'm really close to finished with my own, thanks to Nibelheim, I was able to get my 'aggro' textures working!\

1st picture is with party, debuffs go above the party memembers, and buffs to the right, (my buffs)
2nd picture is what happens to player frame when you have aggro.
3rd is cast bars
4th is what threat/dps meters look like.
The only thing left to do is hope StufRaid starts working again so i can get rid of grid and do what I want
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031011_062756.jpg
Views:	1601
Size:	771.9 KB
ID:	5839  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	708
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	5840  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	734
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	5841  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_031011_091832.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	998.1 KB
ID:	5842  

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 03-10-11 at 08:24 AM.

03-10-11, 09:08 AM   #306
karlodav
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by khangg View Post
This what I've been using. I'm not sure what I'd change, I've kept the same basic layout for a while and have been experimenting with several unitframe options.

http://k.min.us/imai3U.jpg
Hi, what font are you using ?

03-11-11, 03:29 AM   #307
gfxamk
A Murloc Raider

the artwork and placing is not relevant because i´m still working on the technical part.
except for dmg/threatmeter and (atm still) unitframes, a few tweaked little helpers all is selfmade.
theres still enough time to do the candy later when everything is finished.
the ui comes with a 3 option setup selfinstall, and all ui elements are movable,
scalable and show/hideable as long as a hotkey is pressed.
the core of the ui uses about 150-200kb, the complete ui runs on 1-1.5mb (+dmg meter data)
dont know if it will ever be finished or if i will sometimes move on to the next ui.
anyway this ui will not be available... (the way it looks atm prob nobody cares anyway^^)

the last thumbnail is a really old ui of mine
that ui was simply made of addons, nothing selfcoded.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	5847  Click image for larger version

Name:	c2.jpg
Views:	1575
ID:	5848  Click image for larger version

Name:	c3.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	5849  Click image for larger version

Name:	c4.jpg
Views:	1559
ID:	5850  

Name:	ui.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	5851  

03-11-11, 10:23 AM   #308
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

One of the best pixel fonts I saw in quite a long time
http://www.dafont.com/pixantiqua.font

Code:
  local NAMEPLATE_FONT = "Interface\\AddOns\\rChat\\PixAntiqua.ttf"
  cf:SetFont(NAMEPLATE_FONT, 12, "THINOUTLINE, MONOCHROME") 
  cf:SetShadowOffset(2,-2)
  cf:SetShadowColor(0,0,0,0.7)

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 03-11-11 at 10:32 AM.

03-11-11, 11:22 AM   #309
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zork View Post

Code:
  local NAMEPLATE_FONT = "Interface\\AddOns\\rChat\\PixAntiqua.ttf"
  cf:SetFont(NAMEPLATE_FONT, 12, "THINOUTLINE, MONOCHROME") 
  cf:SetShadowOffset(2,-2)
  cf:SetShadowColor(0,0,0,0.7)
That hurts my eyes :<

03-11-11, 11:32 AM   #310
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I thought the point of pixel fonts was to have a small but still very clear font.

That font is not small (or clear, really). I would just use your normal font (the one below the minimap) as that is a lot more sexy.

03-11-11, 11:37 AM   #311
hankthetank
A Theradrim Guardian
Why people love pixel fonts so much I don't get it. If the screen is so cluttered up that you need to present information with a tiny font you're doing something wrong otherwise you render too much space of your UI useless. While they may have a purpose for saving space with moot information and creating a stylized look they have poor legibility and look out of place when mixed with serif typefaces. Especially in a chat window my eyes would bleed after a short while. I can't recall that I've ever seen pixel fonts in an original video game UI other than some bitmap fonts in NES games from back in the days... rightfully so. To each his own, I suppose. Anyway, I've done some debugging and finished the chat bubbles:

Last edited by hankthetank : 03-11-11 at 11:42 AM.

03-11-11, 12:02 PM   #312
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

The spike at the bottom is a couple pixesl too high, other than that. DAMN. Thats hawt! Can I have your babies?

03-11-11, 12:10 PM   #313
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by hankthetank View Post
Why people love pixel fonts so much I don't get it. If the screen is so cluttered up that you need to present information with a tiny font you're doing something wrong otherwise you render too much space of your UI useless. While they may have a purpose for saving space with moot information and creating a stylized look they have poor legibility and look out of place when mixed with serif typefaces. Especially in a chat window my eyes would bleed after a short while. I can't recall that I've ever seen pixel fonts in an original video game UI other than some bitmap fonts in NES games from back in the days... rightfully so. To each his own, I suppose. Anyway, I've done some debugging and finished the chat bubbles:

Either do i! i hate it and indeed. Good job hank, looks really cool!

anyways, here is a preview of my UI, http://www.xfire.com/video/42baa3/ just abit bored, for new ideas, im always up for it.

03-11-11, 12:17 PM   #314
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

It looks to my eyes like any regualar font in monochrome.

I'm no pixel font zealot, but I enjoy them in some cases (not for any space-related concern, but for the absence of anti-aliasing which I find refreshing sometimes ). I think these are some decent examples where there is little or no legibility loss:

03-11-11, 02:40 PM   #315
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

aprikot what font/tooltip are you using in ui number 1 and what is that bar above ur minimap if it is exp bar
which one is it and can i have the lua? please.

03-11-11, 03:06 PM   #316
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
aprikot what font/tooltip are you using in ui number 1 and what is that bar above ur minimap if it is exp bar
which one is it and can i have the lua? please.
They're not mine. The screenshots are from Care UI, oUF Svelte, and Korda UI respectively.

Edit: the font is Pixelway Baseline which I just found out was created by Dawn :O (/bow).

Last edited by Aprikot : 03-11-11 at 03:10 PM.

03-11-11, 05:50 PM   #317
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I can't tell if you're kidding or not... even with my new glasses on I cannot read that lol.

03-11-11, 05:57 PM   #318
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Why people love pixel fonts so much I don't get it.

That's the cool thing about creating your own UI. It matters not if "we" get it. What's important is if "the person creating and using the UI" gets it. =)

I really really really love pixel fonts, and if my eyes weren't so damn old I would add them in the UI that I use.

Not picking at ya Hank, but we've had this discussion before... and often times it ends up in cross words. Probably best to let those who like using what they use, use what they use hehe.

03-12-11, 03:45 AM   #319
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

It's not that we necessarily love pixel fonts, it's just that they look a lot better in small sizes.
Normal fonts look jagged when they are small enough and with small unitframes/buffs/etc you need a small font.

03-12-11, 09:54 AM   #320
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Also, the 1 pixel monochrome outline goes well with 1 pixel frame borders, whereas normal outline makes text look like it fell in the mud (when up against crisply bordered frames)...imo.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread