06-18-08, 09:54 AM   #1
InfiniteZeke
A Murloc Raider
Disconnecting on Log-In

I just got MazzleUI yesterday, and it's great. I've got it going perfectly on both my non-70 alts, a shaman and a druid. However, whenever I try to log into my 70, a hunter, the screen freezes, and after about 5 minutes, it disconnects. (This has happend all 10 to 20 times I've tried to log on since then.)

I've tried a few things to attempt to fix this, but nothing works. I've even put the SavedVariables from my other characters into this character, to see if it was the original MazzleUI screen that caused it to disconnect, and I've gone to the exact place where I loaded it up on my other characters. But neither worked.

How do I fix this? What am I doing wrong? Why does this only happen to my 70 hunter? Any response would be appreciated.
06-18-08, 09:57 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In your WoW root directory there is a folder called Cache. Delete that folder (don't worry, it will get recreated when you log back into the game). See if that fixes the issue.
06-18-08, 12:06 PM   #3
InfiniteZeke
A Murloc Raider
Nope, it's still disconnecting. Thanks for you help though.
06-18-08, 12:12 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Move your Interface and WTF folders to your desktop, and then log back into the game (those folders will be recreated). Let us know if that helps. If it doesn't, we'll go to the next step and have you post on the WoW tech forums with the info they will need to help you.
06-18-08, 03:34 PM   #5
InfiniteZeke
A Murloc Raider
After re-installing it, and putting in the mods I usually use, it appears as if it was one of these mods that was causing the problem. I guess one of them didn't work correctly with MazzleUI. Either way, its fine now. Thanks so much for your help Silenia.
06-18-08, 03:43 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You are more than welcome =)

Any idea which mod it was?
06-18-08, 03:59 PM   #7
Jettan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by InfiniteZeke View Post
I just got MazzleUI yesterday, and it's great. I've got it going perfectly on both my non-70 alts, a shaman and a druid. However, whenever I try to log into my 70, a hunter, the screen freezes, and after about 5 minutes, it disconnects. (This has happend all 10 to 20 times I've tried to log on since then.)

I've tried a few things to attempt to fix this, but nothing works. I've even put the SavedVariables from my other characters into this character, to see if it was the original MazzleUI screen that caused it to disconnect, and I've gone to the exact place where I loaded it up on my other characters. But neither worked.

How do I fix this? What am I doing wrong? Why does this only happen to my 70 hunter? Any response would be appreciated.
As for the disconnecting when logging in it can be your computer doesnt have enough resources to run a full ui like mazzle. Before i had added additional memory to my computer i used to have the same problems not only with mazzle but other full compilations also. This may or may not been your problem but its one i noticed when my pc had the lower memory.
06-18-08, 04:35 PM   #8
InfiniteZeke
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
You are more than welcome =)

Any idea which mod it was?
I don't know what mod it was, but I believe the mods that I got rid of right before it worked were MobInfo2 (which I think would work) and PirateSpeak (so what if I like talkin' like a pirate? hehe). It was probably PirateSpeak if I had to guess, since both I haven't updated it in forever, and I doubt it is still being updated. I believe those were the only two that I got rid of right before it started to work again.

@Jettan That's what I thought too at first, but it worked on my alts, so I didn't see why it wouldn't work on my hunter. Either way, my computer isn't the greatest anyways, so that was always a possiblity.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Disconnecting on Log-In