03-24-18, 12:02 AM   #1
Ethly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Can I make custom draggable action bar button?

Currently I'm using macro with something like /run MyFunction() and putting it into my action bar. Is it possible to create a button which I can put into standard action bar without using macro slot (which will call my function). For example garrison (and some Draenor zones) have zone action button which appears in the center of the screen but could be dragged to action bar. I want something similar.
03-24-18, 12:15 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ethly View Post
Currently I'm using macro with something like /run MyFunction() and putting it into my action bar. Is it possible to create a button which I can put into standard action bar without using macro slot (which will call my function). For example garrison (and some Draenor zones) have zone action button which appears in the center of the screen but could be dragged to action bar. I want something similar.
No; zone actions are just spells that your character knows, but that are hidden from the spellbook. You can verify this by examining the return values from GetActionInfo(slotID).

Why do you want to avoid using a macro?
03-24-18, 12:29 AM   #3
Ethly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Why do you want to avoid using a macro?
It's not very convenient for addon user, it takes away one macro slot, it won't work if all macro slots are used.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Can I make custom draggable action bar button?