03-07-11, 03:49 PM   #441
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Polegara View Post
Well it's perfectly normal with no addons... until I enable macaroon.
.....seriously? man, that'll teach me to pay attention, then.

maybe, just maybe, ButtonFacade might do the trick. if you'd like to try it, here is a copy of a post i made on the Macaroon Comments page:

Originally posted by anseloth
what you need is an addon called ButtonFacade. it has an insane amount of different skins you can choose from.

here is a list of all the ButtonFacade mods (skins and otherwise) that are cata rdy.

and here is a list of all ButtonFacade mods (again, skins and otherwise), cata rdy and otherwise.

both lists are sorted to show to show the most recently updated mods at the top.

03-07-11, 04:09 PM   #442
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by anseloth View Post
.....seriously? man, that'll teach me to pay attention, then.

maybe, just maybe, ButtonFacade might do the trick. if you'd like to try it, here is a copy of a post i made on the Macaroon Comments page:
Sorry, I already use Button Facade (though I did disable it to test mac). Doesn't even have any options to skin the status bars.

03-07-11, 05:10 PM   #443
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Sorry, I already use Button Facade (though I did disable it to test mac). Doesn't even have any options to skin the status bars.
have you tried adding one of the skins plug-ins for Button Facade? such as ButtonFacade: Trinity, ButtonFacade: Demigod Pack, or maybe ButtonFacade: Aftermathh.

i figure, maybe the right skin will give Button Facade skinning abilities it didn't have (enabled?) before. at the very least, some of the pictures of those UIs demonstrating those skins seem to suggest more was reskinned than just buttons.

03-07-11, 05:48 PM   #444
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
have you tried adding one of the skins plug-ins for Button Facade? such as ButtonFacade: Trinity, ButtonFacade: Demigod Pack, or maybe ButtonFacade: Aftermathh.

i figure, maybe the right skin will give Button Facade skinning abilities it didn't have (enabled?) before. at the very least, some of the pictures of those UIs demonstrating those skins seem to suggest more was reskinned than just buttons.
Right, but those aren't skinned with just Button Facade.

03-07-11, 06:00 PM   #445
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Right, but those aren't skinned with just Button Facade.
hm. fair point.

so, i guess we need to ask the person who made the UI closest to what you want, what they used to do it.

03-07-11, 06:22 PM   #446
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
hm. fair point.

so, i guess we need to ask the person who made the UI closest to what you want, what they used to do it.
TBH even if there's another addon out there that can change the palette for me, I'm wary of using two addons that modify the same thing. It's obvious that macaroon is making this change; what's less than obvious is how it would interact with another mod.

03-07-11, 07:22 PM   #447
anseloth
Coding Archmage

TBH even if there's another addon out there that can change the palette for me, I'm wary of using two addons that modify the same thing. It's obvious that macaroon is making this change; what's less than obvious is how it would interact with another mod.
again, whoever created the UI skin you like most may know how the other skinning mod or mods they have affect things.

at the very least, i don't think just asking could hurt anything. right?

03-07-11, 08:27 PM   #448
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi Polegara and Anseloth,

Lines 50–62 in MacaroonStatusBars.lua overwrite the default rep colors:
Code:
M.BarRepColors = {
	[0] = { l="a_Unknown", r=0.5, g=0.5, b=0.5, a=1.0 },
	[1] = { l="b_Hated", r=0.6, g=0.1, b=0.1, a=1.0 },
	[2] = { l="c_Hostile", r=0.7, g=0.2, b=0.2, a=1.0 },
	[3] = { l="d_Unfriendly", r=0.75, g=0.27, b=0, a=1.0 },
	[4] = { l="e_Neutral", r=0.9, g=0.7, b=0, a=1.0 },
	[5] = { l="f_Friendly", r=0.5, g=0.6, b=0.1, a=1.0 },
	[6] = { l="g_Honored", r=0.1, g=0.5, b=0.20, a=1.0 },
	[7] = { l="h_Revered", r=0.0, g=0.39, b=0.88, a=1.0 },
	[8] = { l="i_Exalted", r=0.58, g=0.0, b=0.55, a=1.0 },
}

FACTION_BAR_COLORS = M.BarRepColors
If you want MacaroonStatusBars to use its own colors, but not affect other addons, just delete the last line.

If you just want MacaroonStatusBars to use the standard colors, change the whole block to:
Code:
M.BarRepColors = FACTION_BAR_COLORS
Hope that helps!

03-07-11, 09:07 PM   #449
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post

Code:
M.BarRepColors = {
}

If you want MacaroonStatusBars to use its own colors, but not affect other addons, just delete the last line.

If you just want MacaroonStatusBars to use the standard colors, change the whole block to:
Code:
Hope that helps!
You are officially amazing, that's EXACTLY what I wanted to know.

Thanks again

03-07-11, 09:49 PM   #450
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post

Code:
M.BarRepColors = {
}

Code:
Hope that helps!
OMG THANK YOU Akkorian!!!

and hey, Polegara? do you think there might be a way to create an optional plug-in for Macaroon that would allow the user to customize those settings?

if so, want to work together on writing one? after all, i'm not letting you have all the fun.

03-07-11, 11:08 PM   #451
falchion
A Murloc Raider
Darn, I go out for dinner and miss all the fun

I'd be willing to work on that issue if there are no other takers, although I think a plugin might be a bit of overkill. Wouldn't we just want to add a setting for it kinda like "on/off/override" and then perhaps another settings panel for adjusting the colors? Or am i misunderstanding the context of plugin?

Falchion

03-08-11, 01:32 AM   #452
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by falchion View Post
Darn, I go out for dinner and miss all the fun

I'd be willing to work on that issue if there are no other takers, although I think a plugin might be a bit of overkill. Wouldn't we just want to add a setting for it kinda like "on/off/override" and then perhaps another settings panel for adjusting the colors? Or am i misunderstanding the context of plugin?

Falchion
na, an addon for Macaroon (IE Macaroon: Xtras or the like) was what i had in mind. i figured that's easier (both in building and in debugging) than building the function into a already-existing addon.

03-08-11, 04:54 AM   #453
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Rep bar colors

*Crawls ghoul like out of the ground* *Cough cough*

As with many of the critical problems many user have, I have nevetr seen Macaroon change any of the colors. They have always been the same for me since I started playing way back before I knew of addons.
Red, yellowish,green,blue and purple.

So again, why this is changing for someone should have to do with a combo of Macaroon and another addon.

Anyways. To make another module for Macaroon just to add the option to use Macaroons/blizzards/or whichevers colors would be a lot more work than just adding it into Macaroon itself(or really the status bar module)

Adding the option is a PoC. Just add the UI option and the slash command and an if statement with elseif, else for the 3 options. And that should be enough.

03-08-11, 07:59 AM   #454
falchion
A Murloc Raider
Well, a PoC for some, perhaps

In looking at the code, slah commands are set in the main Macaroon module, and there doesn't seem to be a facility to add to them dynamically from a plugin (such as the status bars). I'd rather not add a permanent slash-command for a plugin that people may not be using.

Also, the colours are set at load time, so we'd need to move that to a function that we can run when configuration is changed.

BTW, is this the correct forum for discussing code details?

Falchion

03-08-11, 08:45 AM   #455
Polegara
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
*Crawls ghoul like out of the ground* *Cough cough*

As with many of the critical problems many user have, I have nevetr seen Macaroon change any of the colors. They have always been the same for me since I started playing way back before I knew of addons.
Red, yellowish,green,blue and purple.

So again, why this is changing for someone should have to do with a combo of Macaroon and another addon.
I've been playing since BC, and I don't remember them ever being this colour before.

As I said before, the colours are nice and normal with no addons used - macaroon is setting them to these blues and purples, see Akkorian's post above.

Please, do a Google image search for "wow reputation"

As for the coding, it's been years since I touched a piece of code in anger, and I've no experience in lua or addons, but a config setting sounds best from a user's point of view.

03-09-11, 01:18 AM   #456
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by falchion View Post
Well, a PoC for some, perhaps

In looking at the code, slah commands are set in the main Macaroon module, and there doesn't seem to be a facility to add to them dynamically from a plugin (such as the status bars). I'd rather not add a permanent slash-command for a plugin that people may not be using.

Also, the colours are set at load time, so we'd need to move that to a function that we can run when configuration is changed.

BTW, is this the correct forum for discussing code details?

Falchion
Well, for the ease of coding one could just add the line: "needs reboot"
And about adding slash commands, 1, skip it 2, I do believe Maul have other modules slash commands in there addding one more line wouldn't really hurt.

03-09-11, 03:35 PM   #457
falchion
A Murloc Raider
Ok, I'll just sort it out somehow

03-10-11, 07:26 AM   #458
Killajade
A Kobold Labourer
Ok noob question here: how do i make it so that i have 2 bars always visible where i can change between which one is my current primary bar using alt+1/2(like the standard wow bars), currently i can only figure out how to make the 2 bars...
Second question: when i make bars with 12 buttons like standard wow bars, the nr.10 button don't respond to me pressing 0 on my keyboard, how do i change that?

03-10-11, 07:39 PM   #459
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Killajade View Post
Ok noob question here: how do i make it so that i have 2 bars always visible where i can change between which one is my current primary bar using alt+1/2(like the standard wow bars), currently i can only figure out how to make the 2 bars...
Hi Killajade,

Go into Bar Edit mode, right-click on the bar, and set it up to be a Paged Bar. That will give you the same 6 pages as the default UI bar.

If you only want 2 pages, instead of all 6, then you have to check “Use Custom Bar States” instead of “Use Preset Bar States”, and then define the states you want using macro conditionals. For example, this would give you a bar that only has 2 pages, that you can switch between with Alt+1/2 or with Shift+Mousewheel, just like the default UI bar:

Code:
[bar:1] [bar:3] [bar:5]
[bar:2] [bar:4] [bar:6]

03-11-11, 01:52 AM   #460
MagicsMan
A Murloc Raider
Castsequence Problem

So I ran into an issue with /castsequence and macaroon. I have me a 3 spell castsequence in a macaroon made button. problem is that when I use the macro, it sometimes cast the second spell twice and sometimes it works correctly and cast 3rd spell after 2nd spell. It seems to be a timing issue in which it happens if I try to cast the second spell quickly after the first. If a gave it a sec or two, it will go through the sequence correctly.

I tried Deleting everything macaroon related from the interface folder as well as all the saved variables, reinstalled macaroon, and just made the one problem macro. But the problem persisted.

I tried the same macro with Blizz UI and it worked fine. So I tried running the macro with macaroon with Blizz bar enabled and I couldn't get the problem. once I disabled Blizz bar, I can get the problem to happen.

This is annoying the heck outta me and i wanna get it fixed. This macro is for my lock and his dot's, so it's pretty important to me. and here's the whole macro if it helps.

/targetraid [dead][noexists]
/a [help]
/targetenemy [dead][noharm]
/cleartarget [dead][noharm]
/castsequence reset=target,5 Unstable Affliction,Corruption,Bane of Agony
/petattack [@pettarget,noexists]

Last edited by MagicsMan : 03-11-11 at 01:56 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread