10-15-08, 07:00 PM   #61
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Okay, here's what I would pay 50 bucks for.

1) Mazzleui without needing an actionbar in order to Mazzify. (I don't care if it mazzifies or not).

2) Mazzleui that doesn't rely on strings in order to set up.

3) Mazzleui that you can just put your own add ons into as a "skin package".

4) The hotspots need to work (even if it's only the context menu).

How much work would these 4 points of interest entail? More importantly, how much less work would be needed in order to update Mazzle on major patch days if only these 4 points are nailed down? Most of the people who have used Mazzleui for 2-3+ years already know how to set up raid frames, place actionbars where they like them, and enable/disable add ons they really use (need).

I know I said I was done donating to this (in a drunken stupor), but this is something I would pay for.
10-15-08, 07:58 PM   #62
bricks139
A Murloc Raider
I am cmpletly lost without mazzles UI, I have used it for so long that i realy dont have a clue on the default blizzard UI. I am not a coder but i am very willing to help in any way i can to help get mazzle working with WotLK. I would also be very willing to pay for mazzle and/or make a donation for Mazzle's work and the other people working on it , I recently just hit 70 and now im gona be lost trying to lvl from 70-80 without Mazzle, Im not sure if i will even play that much anymore without it, it just sucks when you are so use to this amazing Interface and then trying to use another one or the default one is just boreing, If I can help Mazzle or anyone working on this project in anyway just let me no what i need to do or what i could do to help out! Thank you Mazzle for the wonderfull UI!!
10-16-08, 09:57 AM   #63
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by bricks139 View Post
I am cmpletly lost without mazzles UI, I have used it for so long that i realy dont have a clue on the default blizzard UI. I am not a coder but i am very willing to help in any way i can to help get mazzle working with WotLK. I would also be very willing to pay for mazzle and/or make a donation for Mazzle's work and the other people working on it , I recently just hit 70 and now im gona be lost trying to lvl from 70-80 without Mazzle, Im not sure if i will even play that much anymore without it, it just sucks when you are so use to this amazing Interface and then trying to use another one or the default one is just boreing, If I can help Mazzle or anyone working on this project in anyway just let me no what i need to do or what i could do to help out! Thank you Mazzle for the wonderfull UI!!
its like having a bmw m5 for the last 2 years then all of a sudden your given a fiat punto, just sucks
10-16-08, 12:40 PM   #64
bootsanator
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sora420 View Post
its like having a bmw m5 for the last 2 years then all of a sudden your given a fiat punto, just sucks
And it doesn't have headlights, turn signals, air conditioning, doors, a windshield, or a radio, and the drivers seat (the only seat) is a folding lawn chair.
10-16-08, 02:04 PM   #65
jrb
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by bootsanator View Post
And it doesn't have headlights, turn signals, air conditioning, doors, a windshield, or a radio, and the drivers seat (the only seat) is a folding lawn chair.
so, just to recap. a fiat punto. :-P
10-16-08, 03:16 PM   #66
Khonsuu
A Kobold Labourer
Question

I have been using MazzleUI since it went public. I am not a coder, though I have always found a way to make it work (at least the layout perspective) after every patch, and I am looking into doing just that now that DUF has a update out. With that said, and this is intended for Mazzle and potentially any DEVs working on fixing this amazing UI......What would it take to get this UI fixed? $50, $100, $500, etc.? Everything has a cost in life so I am just trying to determine the amount of monetary incentive needed to either make this open source so it can be updated regularly by the community without Mazzle's permission(s), or how much would it require to get the A-team of Mazzle/Beta Testers to keep this rolling. I've got accounts I can supply if someone doesn't want to pay for the game access. I'll even put my mouth where my money is and put up a sizeable donation to Mazzle. I only ask for a legitimate response from those actually behind this project (ie: Mazzle, Devs, Beta Testers).
10-16-08, 03:35 PM   #67
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Okay, here's what I would pay 50 bucks for.

1) Mazzleui without needing an actionbar in order to Mazzify. (I don't care if it mazzifies or not).

2) Mazzleui that doesn't rely on strings in order to set up.

3) Mazzleui that you can just put your own add ons into as a "skin package".

4) The hotspots need to work (even if it's only the context menu).

How much work would these 4 points of interest entail? More importantly, how much less work would be needed in order to update Mazzle on major patch days if only these 4 points are nailed down? Most of the people who have used Mazzleui for 2-3+ years already know how to set up raid frames, place actionbars where they like them, and enable/disable add ons they really use (need).

I know I said I was done donating to this (in a drunken stupor), but this is something I would pay for.
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for but if it's what it sounds like then: It's actually not that hard at all. I've since moved away from Mazzle (writing my own core code, unit frames, and implementations of quite a number of mods so I could go from patch to patch and know things worked the way I wanted them to) but before I did, I was used to the "patch day, now we're broken" kinda thing so I whipped up something to tide me over.

Using eePanels, you can make the backplate, hotspots, even target buttons and charm buttons. The context menu, to be fair, is part of the action bar mod however, you can use eePanels to make that work as well (it's just a matter of knowing that functions to call)

OTOH, if Mazzle gave leave for it to be created, the MazzleUI code can easily be stripped down into what I think you're asking for: the backplate and hotspot functionality, and you pick your own mods to use and implement, i.e., NO mazzifier, no external mods, no unit frames, etc.

Last edited by VincentSDSH : 10-16-08 at 03:39 PM.
10-16-08, 04:31 PM   #68
Carthrix
An Aku'mai Servant
OK so mazzle is broken but will be fixed (it always does get fixed) but in the mean time check out arkiveui alot like mazzle with newer addons and it isn't addon dependent I.E. you can take out and put in any addon without it breaking it, now arkive himself is working on gettting it fixed and was also a long time mazzle user (and still plays wow) he should have a updated widescreen verison released by monday. it can be found here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-ArkiveUI.html and better yet check out the forums here
http://arkiveui.freeforums.org/index.php he is updating the status of his project every day
10-16-08, 04:41 PM   #69
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is something both ironic and funny about hawking a broken UI in the thread of another broken UI.
10-16-08, 04:51 PM   #70
eazye
A Defias Bandit
mazzlefizz i beg you please o god please help get mazzleui working for latest patch, i understand if you havent got great donations or what not in the past and i know you dont play wow and all the history, but im asking and begging for the fans please try help out if you have any spare time

dont let such an amazing ui go down the drain, yes other ppl are trying to work on it as we know but you are the creator you are the brains behind it all and you and only you can make it flawless for this new patch

if mazzle cant be fixed as ive said in previous patch's i will be deleting wow as i cannot play wow without mazzle

ive already missed out today on all the nice new goodies we get in wow due to the fact that soon as i log into wow on default ui it makes me sick

remember mazzle if you did turn around and say look i will update mazzleui to work 100% with latest patch and will also tweak it to work when wotlk comes out i will be charging 5/10 dollars whatever

of course you will have some people complain other's calling you an ******* etc etc

but you will have the true *fans* of this ui willing to pay without question

even make a poll thread or something but dont just sit back and let it drift away to be just dust in the wind

/rant over, please think about what ive said and dont just type a instant response
^ This, Please Mazzle We need you
10-17-08, 07:42 AM   #71
Venüs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
if mazzle cant be fixed as ive said in previous patch's i will be deleting wow as i cannot play wow without mazzle
Same here pls help mazzle i beg u m8
10-17-08, 03:38 PM   #72
Silvite
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
There is something both ironic and funny about hawking a broken UI in the thread of another broken UI.
I don't see the irony, but he does have a point. That UI is very similar to mazzleUI, and will probably be functional again before mazzle will. It would be a great addon compilation to tide us over until the new group can get mazzle up and running again.
10-18-08, 03:59 PM   #73
Crothul
A Murloc Raider
Cool

Originally Posted by Khonsuu View Post
I have been using MazzleUI since it went public. I am not a coder, though I have always found a way to make it work (at least the layout perspective) after every patch, and I am looking into doing just that now that DUF has a update out. With that said, and this is intended for Mazzle and potentially any DEVs working on fixing this amazing UI......What would it take to get this UI fixed? $50, $100, $500, etc.? Everything has a cost in life so I am just trying to determine the amount of monetary incentive needed to either make this open source so it can be updated regularly by the community without Mazzle's permission(s), or how much would it require to get the A-team of Mazzle/Beta Testers to keep this rolling. I've got accounts I can supply if someone doesn't want to pay for the game access. I'll even put my mouth where my money is and put up a sizeable donation to Mazzle. I only ask for a legitimate response from those actually behind this project (ie: Mazzle, Devs, Beta Testers).
ditto id gladly put my cash up too
10-20-08, 04:11 PM   #74
Triseult
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Regarding ArkiveUI:

The widescreen version is now functional for 3.0.2, and it shows that Arkive put a lot of effort into getting it up and running. I installed it clean this morning, and everything is working perfectly.

I've used MazzleUI for a year... Loved the compilation, and I appreciate the support that Mazzle fans are providing, but EVERY patch I'd be pulling my hair trying to fix every broken core component of MazzleUI. I *can* do it, and I'm not afraid of opening up a LUA and fixing code, but it just got to be so... time-consuming.

Arkive is maintaining his add-on pack without taking a cent for it, and this is not about taking Mazzle users away from MazzleUI... MazzleUI's strength is its weakness: namely, that it requires custom code to really configure everything seamlessly. With Mazzlefizz gone from the scene, I found necessary to fall back to a solution that requires minimal core code modifications.

This is not a knock on MazzleUI and its community. Rather, it's a request to tone down the aggressivity against ArkiveUI. Arkive is, like everyone else here, a volunteer putting time and effort into providing a good add-on package for WoW. He's not competition, and if people are moving to ArkiveUI as a viable alternative, that's their choice, not a question of brand disloyalty.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 3.0/WoTLK Changes