11-15-07, 11:19 AM   #41
Limeyness
A Murloc Raider
Hmm, i installed the 1.1 mazzle then used your compilation pack, did i miss anything?
11-15-07, 11:27 AM   #42
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yep, you missed the "fix" file to fix the problems that Mazzle has in it's current form. I posted a link just a couple posts ago. You absolutely NEED to have the Core file, my Addon pack, and my "fix" file if you go the route of using my Addon pack at all. The BC Spells link I had linked to is optional, though many will still want to get that too.

Oh, and you said you installed Mazzle 1.1. Did you mean 1.1 or 1.11? If it's 1.1, you need to use the much smaller version of 1.11 with my Addon pack (sometimes bigger isn't better, but never tell any of my friends I ever said that).
11-15-07, 11:40 AM   #43
Angelicus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Thanks for this DT. Applied your patch file and then the fix file, logged in and it's all back in place.

got this in the bugsack tho'

[2007/11/15 17:38:10-105-x1]: DBM_API\API.lua:1252: attempt to call method 'SetFont' (a nil value)
DBM_API\API.lua:1277: in function `OnEvent'
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>
hope it means something to you coder nuts

Good Job to all who've work to get Mazz back on track.

Edit:

just got this too.

[2007/11/15 17:41:23-105-x2]: GFW_TrackMenu-2.1\TrackMenu.lua:110: attempt to call method 'SetTrackingSpell' (a nil value)
<in C code>: ?
11-15-07, 11:43 AM   #44
Limeyness
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by DeTard
Yep, you missed the "fix" file to fix the problems that Mazzle has in it's current form. I posted a link just a couple posts ago. You absolutely NEED to have the Core file, my Addon pack, and my "fix" file if you go the route of using my Addon pack at all. The BC Spells link I had linked to is optional, though many will still want to get that too.

Oh, and you said you installed Mazzle 1.1. Did you mean 1.1 or 1.11? If it's 1.1, you need to use the much smaller version of 1.11 with my Addon pack (sometimes bigger isn't better, but never tell any of my friends I ever said that).

I swear to god my mum dropped me on me head too many times. I did what you suggested and it works.

Thanks for putting up with me, i will now go back to wearing my helmet full time.
11-15-07, 07:09 PM   #45
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uploading version 3.5 of my Addon Pack right now that should take care of the problem with Chronometer and Antagonist not working (was a problem with Hourglass). Also removed some unused libraries (such as making sure Soar isn't used, but rather Sink is ... I know, sounds ominous ). Unfortunately this means you have to download another rather large file again as there were a lot of library changes.
11-15-07, 07:19 PM   #46
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
DeTard, thank you for your work on these fixes. You say you aren't an addon programmer, but the work you've done here seems to suggest you would do just great.

I've been out of town on a business trip (still am), and so I've been forced to miss the hooplah with the 2.3 patch and updating AddOns. Thanks to you're hard work my 2.3 upgrade will be a piece of cake. By the time I get home I think you, and other contributors, will have everything ironed out and all I'll need is MazzleUI 1.11, your AddOn Pack, and your Fix file and then I'll be up and running.

Thanks again.
11-15-07, 07:40 PM   #47
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the kind words... but to be totally honest it's not because of programming skill that this pack was released so fast, it's more because I've always been very good at keeping my addons up to date. I used to literally update my addons every day, and I could be done in a matter of about... 2 minutes? Sometimes 3 minutes? On fast days with almost no updates I could be done in like 30 seconds, and I used to use something like 150 addons, and I never used compilations like Mazzle.

The other day I was trying to find an answer about externals on the WAU forum on Sourceforge and I found it.... and then realized it was MY post that was answering myself, only it was about 9-10 months ago. Go figure.
11-15-07, 09:46 PM   #48
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I downloaded all the proper files (Core 1.11, Add-on Pack, Fix) but cannot get a complete Mazzify. I go through all the steps and click the button to MAzzify but I do not get the final button to click to reload the new UI. Any ideas on why this is happening?
11-15-07, 10:32 PM   #49
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Ok, you went through all the steps, but have you used the info at the beginning of my file description to verify that things are the way they should be? Look at the number of folders, the file sizes of individual files and make sure everything matches up - if even one thing doesn't matchup, there is most likely a problem and we'll have to work from there.
11-15-07, 11:53 PM   #50
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think I got it corrected. I think it was a problem with how I was copying files to the Addon directory. I re-did the steps and installed all three again and it works now. So chalk it up to operator error.

Move along, nothing to see here.
11-16-07, 04:02 AM   #51
turkmen
A Murloc Raider
Thank you very much for your effort and also the others
i love you all

11-16-07, 06:03 AM   #52
Gramcleric
A Defias Bandit
Okay.. I've followed your direction exactly... and my stuff is 'mostly' working... except I have NO 3d models and as a Holy Pally in 5 mans... there mighty useful.

NOt only is everything but that working correctly... but where you posted the 'correct' sizes... mine do not match...
I put 1.11 core... patch... layout... fix.. too small
I put 1.1 .... patch... layout... fix... too big

I've left it with the too big 'version' but either way I have no 3d models etc... advice?

EDIT:

Started playing with DUF... got alot of that fixed... but the 3d party model is now in the center of the HUD! Thoughts

Last edited by Gramcleric : 11-16-07 at 06:48 AM.
11-16-07, 09:11 AM   #53
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I too had the little pink-headed gnome stop the mazzlefying process (she wouldn't present her button!). And I know why. The issue is with Mazzle's 1.1 Core instructions. Mazzle says to 'copy' over the files, while you should be extracting the zip into the WorldofWarcraft directory as DeTard instructs on his download page.

When I extracted instead of copying, everything worked fine!!

DeTard, let me just say: all your babies are belong to me.

(Mazzle: you're still my wow god!)
11-16-07, 09:35 AM   #54
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Banalina902
DeTard, let me just say: all your babies are belong to me.
Sorry everyone, I think I'm going to uh, be afk/busy-ish for a while. lol

Glad you got it to work.
11-16-07, 09:40 AM   #55
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Gramcleric
Okay.. I've followed your direction exactly... and my stuff is 'mostly' working... except I have NO 3d models and as a Holy Pally in 5 mans... there mighty useful.

NOt only is everything but that working correctly... but where you posted the 'correct' sizes... mine do not match...
I put 1.11 core... patch... layout... fix.. too small
I put 1.1 .... patch... layout... fix... too big

I've left it with the too big 'version' but either way I have no 3d models etc... advice?

EDIT:

Started playing with DUF... got alot of that fixed... but the 3d party model is now in the center of the HUD! Thoughts
Hmm, interesting... I'll verify my file sizes again, but I'm almost positive they are correct. And don't use the 1.1 version, you need to use the 1.11 or you may run into some wierd file conflicts with the old vs the new versions of addons (it actually might work and all, but I won't support it). Also, keep in mind this is from using a new Interface folder (extracting the Interface folder from 1.11 Core to the WoW folder shouldn't be overwriting anything), and the Blizzard folders shouldn't exist when you are doing a count on things.
11-16-07, 10:45 AM   #56
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
TinyTip problem can be fixed by getting TipLib. Problem described here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13515
11-16-07, 11:41 AM   #57
konstantine7
A Murloc Raider
Awesome AWESOME job man.
11-16-07, 11:49 AM   #58
Saphyra
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
hi after many many try.. still dont have what i m looking for...

a the time to "Missify me" have a fatality error...

bugsack say:

so: mazzleUI 1.1\mazzleUI_utilities.lua:148:bad argument #1 to "next" (table expected, got nil)

and dont really give me the finalising botton.. and also not really the configuration as was expecting for...

could you check pls
11-16-07, 12:33 PM   #59
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by DeTard
TinyTip problem can be fixed by getting TipLib. Problem described here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13515

Excellent. I installed your patches last night and there were only 2 issues I encountered in the 5 minutes I spent in game: TinyTip errors and ContextMenu Tooltip errors. I believe I know what code is needed to fix the ContextMenu Tooltip errors already, and was going to investigate the TinyTip errors today... but looks like that's already been done.
11-16-07, 02:35 PM   #60
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
ContextMenu errors are generally from not using the Fix file. Have you used that yet?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Detard's WoW 2.3 Add-On Pack for MazzleUI